The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest Region (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Biggest West Coast Subaru Gathering August 25-27 - Time for us to represent the SVX! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34640)

David Cohen 08-25-2006 12:38 AM

Maybe one more?

On Saturday morning while you all are in Hood River, I will be 90 minutes away—buying an SVX. I'm going to Portland to meet a woman selling her red '96 LSi with ~120K mi on it. If it checks out (I'm keeping my fingers crossed . . . and thinking now that I ought to line up a shop to inspect it . . . ) and the deal works out, I'll be a proud new owner!

And if everything goes smoothly, I might even be able to get to the show.

WestCoastSVX 08-25-2006 06:53 AM

Good luck David!

Heading down south in a few hours, hope to see some of you down there this weekend!

Earthworm 08-25-2006 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Cohen
Earl is already down there; I talked to him on Wednesday.

I was hoping he was ok. He hasn't posted in almost 2 weeks!

WestCoastSVX 08-25-2006 02:19 PM

Earl wasn't down in Oregon, he was in Dabob since before last weekend with no internet access. Busy working the farm. :)

On my was to WCSS8! Tonight we'll raise a bottle to those that can not be with us. :)

ensteele 08-26-2006 01:40 PM

I will hoist my drink to ya too. I will not be there, but only in thought. I have been busy the last 2 weeks and have not been around much. I am back and will try to get caught up. :) I wish I could have found the time to go, but maybe next year. :o

David Cohen 08-26-2006 01:57 PM

The best-laid plans...

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacGyver
Earl wasn't down in Oregon, he was in Dabob since before last weekend with no internet access. Busy working the farm. :)

Oops, my bad.

Looks like I won't be at WCSS8 either. Oh, well. Have fun, y'all! ;)

WestCoastSVX 08-27-2006 03:38 PM

Wow what a blast that was! So much better than last year! The Hood River location is just perfect for this. A bit of a drive for some of us, but like Norm said last night, "People would pay money to be able to come to this place". As usual, I noticed several NV, CA, and B.C. license plates (some on cars that didn't look like they could have driven that far) so it does indeed live up to the name "West Coast" Subaru show. A fantastic showing by all models and years from two 360's ("truck" and coupe) up to Tribeca (except still no Justys?).

As for the SVXes, there were 6 there, and a couple weren't even members of the forums or nwsvx. As usual, everyone there loved talking to us about our cars.

Fun, fun, fun, and if they have it at the same place next year, I'm marking my calendar as soon as the date is announced!

HK-SVX 08-27-2006 10:26 PM

What a great group!

Hello All,

Just wanted to say that I had a great time at the Subaru show on Saturday! Who knew?! :)

It was really great to have met all of you and I will be signing up on the nwsvx.com site soon. Who won for the best SVX? Robert and I were exhausted and left early before the results. Sorry we missed some of you but again, thanks for welcoming us and hopefully I will have my SVX with me next time!

Next year, I want to go into that mud pit! Not in my SVX of course but it looked like a lot of fun!!

Hope to see you all again soon!
-Heidi.

WestCoastSVX 08-27-2006 10:54 PM

Heidi - so glad to see you posting here! It was great meeting you and Robert, it is always cool to find more people enthusiastic about this car.

Sorry I missed you guys when you left, the place was so big and so many places to wander! :)

The awards for the SVX/XT class went like this:

1st Troy - The CLEAN maroon one :p
2nd Mark - The black one
3rd Lenny - The blue and yellow XT6

Do sign up at nwsvx.com, it's a great way to stay on top of what's happening around the area even if you don't get a chance to check these boards that often.

KVRXS 08-28-2006 05:32 PM

welcome x2 Robert and Heidi

Welcome from some local members of NWSVX.
Seriously, we should have a get together of Vancouver/Portland members. Several of us have tossed the idea around. It doesn't have to be anything spectacular. Maybe just crash a classic car meet. There are several in the area this time of year. Any ideas?
We are still incredulous about getting second place. Wow!!:)
Mark and Sher

ensteele 08-28-2006 09:29 PM

Wish I could have made it, but you didn't come up to the Seafood fest either :p :p Hope to see you soon at another one of the great events.

:) :)

sharky512345 08-29-2006 02:07 AM

The meet was lots of fun, and i am glad to have finally met some people on the network. I'm looking forward to hopefully being able to come up to some more of the upcoming svx meets as well.

pipedream 08-29-2006 03:15 PM

oregon/washington people, i definitely put my endorsement behind having some kind of get together or crashing another car show. :) i freakin' love my svx, and would love to get together with some other people who love their svx too

WestCoastSVX 08-29-2006 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharky512345
The meet was lots of fun, and i am glad to have finally met some people on the network. I'm looking forward to hopefully being able to come up to some more of the upcoming svx meets as well.

Good to meet you Nick. Did you end up doing the AutoX?

sharky512345 08-30-2006 11:58 PM

Nice meeting you too. Yes, I did end up doing the rally cross. It was a blast and I think I did okay for my first time doing it. Although now i kinda need a new power steering pully since mine is warped heh.