The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Anybody have Agreed value insurance? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21520)

benebob 09-23-2004 01:14 PM

Anybody have Agreed value insurance?

If ya do who's your carrier. I don't drive enough to make normal insurance worthwhile. Besides, who wants to pay $500 a year when you'll only get $3k or so out of the car. Most everywhere I've tried says a Subaru isn't a collector car.:(

BluebyU 09-23-2004 02:12 PM

if you find anything let me know.....I was looking for something like that for myself since I won't be driving the SVX much now.

By the way not to get off topic, but check out the addition in my signature......

:D

benebob 09-23-2004 02:24 PM

I doubt you'd be eligable as every one that I came across says the car must be kept in a locked garage when not in use. All the more reason to move though!

Congrats on the addition. Keep the Legacy. You know you wanna!:D

shelfy 10-02-2004 11:55 AM

bump

how'd i miss this thread? i desperately tried to find collector car insurance about a year ago for the 97. i've only put 2700 miles on it on a year and a half and something happened to it, i'm sure my insurance company would only give me about $14,000 for it. i consider this car to be irreplaceable with its incredibly low mileage. i did find a company that would insure it, but it was significantly more than i pay for unlimited mileage full coverage with my regular insurance company. if i can find it again, i'll post the information here.

svxhunter 10-02-2004 12:43 PM

I have it, but not on my SVX. I doubt you can buy it. Regardless of our unbiased ;) opinions about our collectable cars, they are no old enough to be collectable by the insurance industry standards.

If you could find it, it would be a good buy. I bought it for my el camino. It's a customized hot rod, worth perhaps $25,000. A traditional comp policy would have offered me no more than book value in the event of a complete loss. For a 43 year old vehicle that would have been about $300. The policy I bought was actually cheaper than a basic policy, and offered $25,000 replacement value.

benebob 10-02-2004 02:49 PM

I'm still drawing a blank but a agent did send me out an application for agreed value insurance (which is at least a good sign as most had said sorry you drive a Subaru). Sent it back in on Thursday check and pic included. A year policy for my SVX (assuming it is worth $5k which I'd put about right with 140k, an L in very nice shape) was $147.50 with a $500 deductable. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and will keep everyone updated. I currently pay $520 a year for my SVX with $500 ded. which I wouldn't mind if I actually drove it more.

benebob 10-02-2004 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by svxhunter
Regardless of our unbiased ;) opinions about our collectable cars, they are no old enough to be collectable by the insurance industry standards.

Here's a list of current vehicles that you can get it on. Modern classics if you will.

2004 Vette
2004 Boxster and 911
2004 350z

If the z fits in there someone should offer it for a car with such a limited production like the SVX. I plan to apply until I get it.:D :D :D

SVX_MY_BABY 10-02-2004 04:25 PM

Keep us up to date. My SVX isn't my daily driver and lower insurance would be very nice.

dcarrb 10-04-2004 06:25 AM

My Nationwide agent mentioned a specialty policy when I bought the SVX, with the value based on an appraisal by a "qualified" professional. (I've asked here before: Who might that be?) We never discussed numbers.

dcb

thundering02 10-04-2004 06:47 PM

Re: Anybody have Agreed value insurance?

Quote:

Originally posted by benebob
Besides, who wants to pay $500 a year
I pay just a little under that for 2 months