The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   A funny thing happened on the way to the forum (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9856)

Vern! 04-07-2003 07:23 PM

A funny thing happened on the way to the forum

1 Attachment(s)
So there I was, driving down the 91 freeway towards Fullerton (a city in the Los Angeles megapolis) when high above an airplane spots my SVX far below. The pilot, thinking that through underhanded means he may be able to total my car and sieze the flat-six engine for himself, he swoops down out of the clear blue sky like a hawk targeting a 3500lb rabbit.

Thank all the gods in the pantheon for my upgraded brakes-- I was able to quickly slow down, causing the pilot to overshoot me and come to a rough landing on the freeway ahead.

(See attached image)

Post script: My apologies to the Blue SVX that pulled up behind me this Saturday on Imperial Highway in Brea. I would have loved to stop and chat but I was worried another Cessna might try to take a swipe at me. :D

Bwana 04-07-2003 07:50 PM

Uhhh....i think I speak for everyone in saying: WTF??

Seraph 04-07-2003 08:41 PM

Hahaha..

I wonder if he is going to loose his licence for the emergency landing.

L

Ron Mummert 04-07-2003 09:03 PM

Wow! It's amazing what kids can do to an old Civic with a few aftermarket parts.

Ron (Wing fan).

ensteele 04-07-2003 10:35 PM

I didn't know what it was, but I didn't think it was a civic. It didn't have a big enough tail pipe.

I saw this on the news, but didn't see your car. :)

wasions 04-07-2003 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ensteele93
I didn't know what it was, but I didn't think it was a civic. It didn't have a big enough tail pipe.

I saw this on the news, but didn't see your car. :)

I saw it on the news too. Wish I would have been looking for your SVX! :D

We're everywhere! We're everywhere! Like Chickenman!

Andy 04-08-2003 12:54 AM

Nice picture.

(Ps you need to clean your lens.)

:D :D :p

Alycone 04-08-2003 12:59 AM

Are you sure the pilot wasn't just an svx enthusiast who spotted your car?

Earthworm 04-08-2003 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Andy
Nice picture.

(Ps you need to clean your lens.)

hehe, his lens looks fine to me. He needs to clean the bugs off his windshield (windscreen) and maybe something off his shorts :p

LarryIII 04-08-2003 04:23 AM

The plane is not a civic. It was converted from a '63 Vette. You can tell by the split rear window.

Did you give him an SVX World Network windshield sticker ?

Vern! 04-08-2003 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Earthworm

hehe, his lens looks fine to me. He needs to clean the bugs off his windshield (windscreen) and maybe something off his shorts :p

At the time my windshield was quite bug encrusted. My camera lens might have had a bit of dust on it too.

You wouldn't have seen my car on the news as I was long gone by the time even the highway patrol showed up. This occured on the freeway that runs just south of a Fry's store. (Fry's, where customer service is as poor is as the prices and selection are good!)

SVXphile 04-08-2003 04:42 PM

Winging it...

I bet there was a big flap over that landing.

Or at least an aileron.

:rolleyes: Don