The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest Region (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   NW Toy Run (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46901)

Keoni 11-13-2008 08:46 PM

NW Toy Run

I've read about this on a couple of other sites, thought some of the guys on here might be interested. it would be a great opportunity to get us svx's together, and help a great cause.

http://nwtoyrun.com/node/1

FUDDMAN 11-14-2008 11:29 AM

Re: NW Toy Run

Sounds like a GREAT idea. We're for it.

WestCoastSVX 11-17-2008 10:18 AM

I can't get any variation of the web page to work, just goes to some domain registry site.

I google "NW Toy Run 2008" and found several other car forums with the same cut and pasted announcement and they also allude to a web site that doesn't seem to exist yet.

Anyway, maybe I should post the message from the other forums as that seems like the most information we can hope to get on this and it is a good cause......

WestCoastSVX 11-17-2008 10:22 AM

Here's the post that can be found on pretty much every car forum out there with a NW section:

NW TOY RUN 2008

December 13 , 2008
Time: 1:30 pm
Place: 272nd park n ride. exit 147 off I-5
Bring: unopened toy

TOYS FOR TOTS

YEP. THATS RIGHT! SATURDAY DEC.13th 1:30pm AT 272ND PARK N RIDE. EXIT 147. GONNA DRIVE OVER TO PACIFIC RACEWAYS. DROP OFF TOYS AND ENJOY THE PEOPLE AND CARS.

LAST YEAR WAS AT THE EXTREME. OVER 400 CARS. LOTS OF FUN, AND LOTS OF TOYS. WANNA MAKE THIS EVENT SO LARGE WE WILL HAVE TO HAVE THE TACOMA DOME IN A FEW YEARS. LOOKS LIKE IT'S GETTING THERE SO LETS GET IT GOING!!!

This is going to be a BIG ONE. I want to see everybody there. I mean everybody. This is for the CHILDREN that are less fortunate. I don't care what you bring, a hot wheel or a stuffed animal. Just an unopened toy. This will show the community that all the cars are not street racing all the time. This will be an open forum event. I will post on other forums. YOU NEED TO BE AT THIS ONE!
LETS MAKE SOME KIDS HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS!

NW Toy Run 2008

I HOPE TO SE EVERYBODY , I MEAN EVERYBODY who has ever looked at this page to attend. as you can tell last years was AWESOME. and this years will be better!!!!!!!!! the web page is still in the works and some pics don't show unless you are a member of that club. i will be fixing it soon. will be adding the forums i post on also. this will be on a Saturday and even in the after noon so NO EXCUSES! HA HA HA!!!!

Keoni 11-18-2008 08:46 PM

yeah i just looked at that, all the other forums ive read about it all go back to the same place, and say the same thing. kinda odd.

DansSVXBlues 11-19-2008 04:07 AM

Hey! Fairly new to the forum, but this sounds great. Before we moved out near Black Diamond, that park-n-ride was RIGHT DOWN THE STREET! :-D

Hopefully Ol' Blue will be up and running well by then - my new transmission filter kit and perma-cool external filter arrive via UPS tomorrow and my finger are itching!!! :D

Any idea what time of day I'd run into other SVX'ers?

-Dan

1994 FWD Laguna Blue Pearl SVX-L
(My car has a twin in the Auburn, WA area. We used to run across each other now and then...)

ensteele 11-20-2008 12:32 AM

Are there others going on the run? :)

Turbone 11-20-2008 05:23 PM

I plan on going with a bunch of Nasioc people.
And I will be driving my lifted Hatch.
Want to attract as much attention as possible :p

Hondasucks 11-20-2008 08:02 PM

I will try my best! If my next check is big enough, I will come up & bring some things... Maybe I should try and organize a similar event for down here for next year...

Turbone 11-21-2008 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondasucks (Post 573002)
I will try my best! If my next check is big enough, I will come up & bring some things... Maybe I should try and organize a similar event for down here for next year...

Dude, you have never made it up here for any meets.
If you show up, I'll buy you lunch.

FUDDMAN 12-01-2008 04:25 PM

We will be doeing the toy run on the 13th. Be there or be a GRINCH!

Turbone 12-05-2008 12:05 AM

Alot of people are meeting up at the Park and Ride off of 272nd & I-5 at 1:30.
Will be going to Pacific Raceway from there.

WestCoastSVX 12-05-2008 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbone (Post 575002)
Alot of people are meeting up at the Park and Ride off of 272nd & I-5 at 1:30.
Will be going to Pacific Raceway from there.

Well yeah, that's what the post says to do, right? :D The idea is for the event to start at the parking ride, then everyone drive together out to PR. A huge convoy of 200 cool cars of all different makes and models crusing down the freeway together, all united for a good cause. :)

On my way to work yesterday morning in Redmond, I stopped behind a mildly modified full size Lexus sedan, and it actually had a badge from NW Toy Run 2007 on the rear!

Turbone 12-07-2008 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacGyver (Post 575051)
Well yeah, that's what the post says to do, right? :D The idea is for the event to start at the parking ride, then everyone drive together out to PR. A huge convoy of 200 cool cars of all different makes and models crusing down the freeway together, all united for a good cause. :)

On my way to work yesterday morning in Redmond, I stopped behind a mildly modified full size Lexus sedan, and it actually had a badge from NW Toy Run 2007 on the rear!

I know of half a dozen "Pre Meets" before the big one :p
You havent said if you are coming Troy?
Or did I miss that too? :tongue:

WestCoastSVX 12-07-2008 09:01 PM

I'll be east of the mountains celebrated Christmas with the extended family a week and a half early (everyone does their own family things at home day of).

Otherwise I'd be there, this sounds like a lot of fun and I'm still itching to get out to a meet with my own SVX, April was the last time! :eek: