The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Upsetting Sighting (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9540)

Green1995SVX 03-25-2003 05:52 PM

Upsetting Sighting

1 Attachment(s)
I saw a 92 outside of Ross Park Mall in Pittsburgh today. It was in HORRIBLE shape... probably the worst ive ever seen. I wish I hadnt seen it. :(

Mike

Chicane 03-25-2003 06:06 PM

It probably parked in Madison a few nights. :(

svxistentialist 03-25-2003 06:32 PM

Nah

Quote:

Originally posted by Chicane
It probably parked in Madison a few nights. :(

Still got the wiper blades on!

Joe:)

SVXphile 03-25-2003 06:43 PM

I guess you had to be there....

Your picture must flatter it greatly, 'cause if that looks horrible...

.....well, I'll be driving something else to Reading! :( Don

(at least my wheels are on right!)

Green1995SVX 03-25-2003 09:19 PM

The paint was all faded, it had scrapes and dents everywhere and it looked like it hadnt been washed in years. I guess the pic doesnt do it justice..

Mike

DavieGravy 03-26-2003 01:35 AM

From the pic it doesn't look that bad. Although photos hide a lot.

I know what you mean though. A while back I pulled up to a burgundy SVX at a stop light here in Arvada. It had scrapes and dents all along the side and a trashy looking woman was driving it. In fact, the car looked like it had been rolled.

It's kind of sad to see these cars like that, as to me such neglect projects a general image of them being old beaters that aren't important anymore.

Beav 03-26-2003 05:48 PM

That looks like the first SVX I saw when shopping for mine. It was in Gnaw Bone, IN., about 40 minutes past Big Bone Lick. These Hoosiers, what comedians... :rolleyes: :D

Seraph 03-26-2003 05:56 PM

You should see my car at Reading.... It does not look that bad at all.

L

kuoh 03-26-2003 06:40 PM

Unfortunately, my SVX isn't in much better shape. I've got scrapes down both sides from drunk or inconsiderate drivers as well as several small dings in both bumpers and paint fading over most of the rear spoiler. There's basically no intermediate fix other than a complete repaint, which is much too costly to do anything about right now, so don't be too harsh on us.

KuoH

JeffN 03-26-2003 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Beav
That looks like the first SVX I saw when shopping for mine. It was in Gnaw Bone, IN., about 40 minutes past Big Bone Lick. These Hoosiers, what comedians... :rolleyes: :D
At my 30 something bday pash, we went to a comedy club in Orlando and saw Rick Rockwell do a slide show and he said as showed the Big Bone Lick Park exit sign "I had my pants off before I hit the exit ramp."

You remember him-he was the husband on the 1st marray a millionaire with deb Congers.

I saw an even more depressing site today-a wrecked 95 at the recycler with motor out, air bags blown, dash out-wasn't encouraging.

Lasher 03-26-2003 08:24 PM

<walks in from installing a stereo and sub in a vain attempt at ignoring the current rather distressful problems...> Mine looks much worse than that... <sigh>

<strolls out to grab a bite with head down and shoulders slumped>

WestCoastSVX 03-27-2003 08:52 AM

With my front fender dent, and a few other scrapes and dents here and there (all holding out for complete repaint but who knows due to $$$$), if my car hasn't been washed for a few days in WA weather it looks worse than that) :rolleyes:

We don't all have great hook ups for inexpensive high quality paint jobs, and we aren't all Earl and others that can hand pick their SVXes from the best in the country. Some of us have had our SVXes for years and bought them before we really knew what we were doing. All we can do is try to give them the best detail job we can, etc.

RRX 03-27-2003 09:29 AM

My Red svx i bought needs a piant job as well. There a a bunch or door dings and a small dent in the back. Im wondering were I can get a paint job for a decent price in Co.

cbx-man 03-27-2003 09:39 AM

Re: Upsetting Sighting

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX

It was in HORRIBLE shape... probably the worst ive ever seen. :(

Mike

You haven't seen my project SVX. Numerous small dents, white paint yellowing in places, dirty oil stains on the side that WONT come off, wheel center caps totally devoid of paint, mis-matched and rusty lug nuts, bumper scrapes on all 4 corners, oil stains on the rear skirt around the exhaust tips, windshield cracked across the bottom and up each side...
Lest I forget the blown struts, exhaust leak, bad A/C, and faulty CD player

But other than this, it's not that bad:rolleyes:

LarryIII 03-27-2003 10:13 AM

That looks like Blondeman's car.