The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bring It !!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7742)

dart 12-23-2002 08:18 PM

Bring It !!!

Looks like some substantial snow moving into the tri-state
area tonight. Can't wait to utilize some of that AWD... :D

Beav 12-23-2002 10:00 PM

Yeah, and with any luck I'll be able to invoke Parkinson's Law of Time and stretch out the one job I have lined up for tomorrow morning. If I can make it last until 12:00 I'll not come back from lunch... ;)

Happy Holidays to All!

jscorse 12-24-2002 06:35 AM

SNOW SNOW

I'm planning a trip back to Rochester the day after xmas. 400 miles in our Forester is such a wonderful drive in the snow. No really I mean it! Last year we came back in a snowstorm, so we when off the main highway and drove backroads through MA.

It took just as long'er' using the backroads, but I didn't have to sit in bumper to bumper traffic. And MUCH more 'fun'.

Good thing I put that video system in for the kiddies.....

My SVX gets to be a garage queen for a week starting today. I think I'll take her to the carwash so it can shine for a whole week before the daily commute takes its toll next week.

immortal_suby 12-24-2002 08:16 AM

I'm up in rochester NY right now. Got to try out the yoko avs sports in the snow last night - they suck BAD. It took me 5 tries to back up a driveway with about 3" of snow on it - it was about a 15 degree incline. I'm going to be taking it easy. Having alot of fun kicking the back end out around corners though. I though the avs db's I used to have weren't too bad in the snow, but the sports are like slicks.

SVXphile 12-24-2002 08:26 AM

It's already here....

Change your altitude around here, and pick your climate.

It's raining in Hinton, sleeting here in Jumping Branch,

and snowing on White Oak.

What's it doing over in your neck of the woods Leslie?

:) Don

Aredubjay 12-24-2002 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by immortal_suby
I'm up in rochester NY right now. Got to try out the yoko avs sports in the snow last night - they suck BAD. It took me 5 tries to back up a driveway with about 3" of snow on it - it was about a 15 degree incline. I'm going to be taking it easy. Having alot of fun kicking the back end out around corners though. I though the avs db's I used to have weren't too bad in the snow, but the sports are like slicks.
I'm not too happy with my Perelli SS 7000's either. I haven't driven the RSA's (on Shari's car), but she said she was slipping in slush last night. Not a good sign.

Of course, with a bearing going out in her front diff, she won't be sliding anywhere. I'm not happy. This is the one with the rebuilt SVX transmission that replaced the inadvertant Legacy trans.

Have a happpy ho ho, y'all.

PS: Was hoping for a snow-slinging ride to work this morning. The raods looked like they'd just been rained on. No fair, and no fun!:mad:

LarryIII 12-24-2002 08:31 AM

Randy,

What kind of tires are "RSA's " ?

Aredubjay 12-24-2002 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryIII
Randy,

What kind of tires are "RSA's " ?

Goodyear Eagle RSA's. Supposedly the choice of Police Cruisers everywhere. :rolleyes:

SHISVX 12-24-2002 11:56 AM

i've heard that we can get anywhere from 8" of snow to a few sprinkles of rain.....we have awesome news in dis side of jersay! i hoping for like 1-2" of snow that melts by 4! :D unless someone wants to come and shovel my driveway;)

Kelli

alacrity024 12-24-2002 12:04 PM

we're looking for between 12 and 18 inches on christmas day.. and i get to drive to work in it.. hopefully i'll have the roads to myself for the most part.. and after work i'm going parking lot hopping :D

-adam

Andy 12-24-2002 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by alacrity024
we're looking for between 12 and 18 inches on christmas day.. -adam
Please don't tempt me with leaders like that. After all, it is Christmas

Aredubjay 12-24-2002 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Andy

Please don't tempt me with leaders like that. After all, it is Christmas

:rolleyes:

$VX 12-24-2002 01:09 PM

I'm dreaming, of a brown, christmas.

:mad:

I wish it would snow.

- Ca$h

SVXphile 12-24-2002 02:13 PM

Weather....or not?

Took Jean to work this afternoon....it was raining.

Cold air is supposed to be moving in now....

wonder what it will be like at 11PM?

(looks like a job for the Impreza again!) :) Don

Andy 12-24-2002 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by $VX
I'm dreaming, of a brown, christmas.

- Ca$h

You are getting me worried. That is a full on GAY comment over here:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: