The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest Region (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Changes at nwsvx.com (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15080)

NorthwestSVX 12-16-2003 12:06 PM

Changes at nwsvx.com

This might be a bit on the technical side of things, but we are in the middle of a big change on how the web site looks!

When the site came out a few months ago, it was optimized for a 800x600 screen resolution, pretty much the common standard for the last several years.

I recently checked the site statistics and found that almost 90% of the visits to our site have been by users with 1024x768 resolution on their systems. :eek: (I also saw a ton of other statistics that were pretty interesting :D )

Needless to say, with everyone having larger monitors and more complex operating systems, the trends have changed. So I have started to transition the old pages to a new size compatible with 1024x768.

So what does all this mean to the common user? Well, the best part is I get about 30% more "real estate" to use on each page. :) Things can be spaced out a bit more, extra features can be added without having to make the page even longer vertically, etc. For those of you using 1024x768, when you have your browser set on full screen, our web site will actually fill up the whole screen, rather than that 30% or so of just background on the right side. :D

For those of you using a smaller resolution (less than 5% on the stats), the only drawback is you will now have to scroll horizontally to see all the information.

Sorry for all the technical info, but please let me know what you guys think of the new look!

ensteele 12-16-2003 04:27 PM

Are you going to have a list of owners like you did before? You mentioned that you didn't want to use names like before, but you could use our handles. Looks good so far.

NorthwestSVX 12-16-2003 05:14 PM

Membership List

Yep, back by POPULAR demand, there will eventually be a membership list of some sort displayed. Nearly everyone that signed up, even newer folks that weren't part of the old site, asked about it. :)

I think I have all the bugs worked out as far as how the privacy and information will work out too. Everyone that has signed up on the new site so far will proabably be getting an email shortly. ;)

Gargoyle 12-16-2003 08:36 PM

So is there just 1 photo in the meet album ( or is that all im getten lol )

Looks great BTW ! :)

WestCoastSVX 12-17-2003 09:53 AM

Ahhhh, someone found the meet album! :D That's what I like to see, people browsing around all the links. :)

Yeah, there is just one picture in there right now (did I get your name right for how you wanted it displayed?), it was kinda a test but there will be a lot more for FCII in there shortly. After that, there will eventually be every past meet we have decent pictures of, dating back AT LEAST to all of 2003, if not further. :)

ensteele 12-17-2003 12:45 PM

I saw it too, but didn't say anything. Looks good. :)

Gargoyle 12-18-2003 07:48 AM

Looks good & name is right i was just wondering if i was only loading the 1 pic . * I was having PC probs for a few days thought maybe it was me * Great job on the site :)