The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest Region (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   WTB a lot of stuff (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16154)

Alycone 02-03-2004 04:51 PM

WTB a lot of stuff

I figured I'd post here in case anyone knows of local sources for these things. I should replace:

Head Lamp Assembly L

Head Lamp Assembly R

Front combi light L

Rear Combi light R

Bumper face

Bumper Ea foam front

Carpet trunk

panel trunk, under spare tire, don't know what it's called, but it's cracked

Cover trunk (wood thing under carpet)

My poor car:(

WestCoastSVX 02-03-2004 05:22 PM

Yikes! What happened? :confused:

Was there another wreck? :( I saw your estimate from the one wreck you said was like $550, so I know that didn't include a new bumper and headlamps (since one headlamp costs almost that much by itself, insurance retail). What happened?

Alycone 02-03-2004 06:49 PM

Didn't realize my headlamps were damaged until I drove in the rain, now my left one looks like a fish bowl, I thought my light was out but it's just underwater. :rolleyes: Now the damage estimate is 1500. :eek:

And the other pieces are to fix my water in trunk problem, I'm not sure they're all necessary.:(

Anyone feel like a junkyard scavenger hunt?

ensteele 02-03-2004 07:25 PM

I'm up for it. :D I love junkyards. Just watch out for the dog! :rolleyes: :)

Alycone 02-03-2004 09:25 PM

Didn't one of you guys say you knew of a junkyard that had a few SVXs?

This could make a good pre-tech-meet minimeet.

JENKIN 02-04-2004 03:17 AM

there is a yard in Ellensburg (kittitas) that is listed as having an eg33 motor, i called about brake calipers, thinking that if they had an engine, they might have a whole car... but they could not help.
i dont remember the name, but you can access them via carparts.com and look for svx engines in the nw. i would be glad to do the footwork from here (i love wrecking yards, too) and pull the parts that you need and bring them over to the meet. napabavarian had the link for carparts in one of his posts. if i can help, let me know. you would think that being somewhat isolated, the yard would let its parts go cheaper, but it seems to be the opposite sometimes.

WestCoastSVX 02-04-2004 12:13 PM

"panel trunk, under spare tire, don't know what it's called, but it's cracked"

What is this part? UNDER the spare tire? Maybe I'll have to look at my car, but I didn't think there was anything under the spare but the actual body of the car? I've never really paid attention though. :)

When I first got my car, it had a bunch of water in the trunk after I had it a while. That was when I used to try to use the rear washer squirter many times, even though it never worked. Since the water has never returned in the trunk since then, what I think it was, was the washer fluid leaking out the broken hose or whatever it is that is making my squirter not work. Could this be your problem too?

(One of these days I guess I should figure out how to reconnect that hose :rolleyes: )

Alycone 02-04-2004 02:42 PM

Quote:

What is this part? UNDER the spare tire? Maybe I'll have to look at my car, but I didn't think there was anything under the spare but the actual body of the car?
Well, the plastic whatever under my spare is cracked, I was hoping it was removable. Otherwise I suppose I'll go with duct tape. :(

WestCoastSVX 02-04-2004 04:30 PM

Hmmmmmmmm Now you still have me intrigued, I'm gonna have to go out and look at mine. I'm pretty sure the spare tire on mine is just resting on metal - either part of the frame of the car, or welded to the frame of the car. It is molded in the shape to hold the tire and everything, I wasn't aware there was supposed to be another layer in there. Lots of things like that were originally missing from my car when I got it back the dark ages before this site was around though. :)

Alycone 02-04-2004 09:02 PM

I think it's plastic, it's black and doesn't sound like metal, I sure hope I'm not looking at my gas tank. :eek:

Earthworm 02-05-2004 05:31 PM

It's just a rubber mat that the spare rests on so it's not metal to metal and doesn't vibrate.

Part #14 HERE

WestCoastSVX 02-05-2004 06:27 PM

Ahhh Thankfully just about the cheapest part on that page. :)

But if that's what it is, I doubt that would have any affect on trunk leakage either way. :)

WestCoastSVX 02-05-2004 06:30 PM

Why is the tool kit so expensive? No wonder so many people are missing theirs, the previous owners knew they could sell the car without it and then make an extra 100 bucks someday when they needed it. :rolleyes:

Alycone 02-05-2004 11:52 PM

The crack is on the thing below the part #14, maybe it is metal?

WestCoastSVX 02-09-2004 09:04 AM

Is it just me, or are the diagrams not showing on subaruparts.com today? They came up for me the other day when the link was posted here, but today I can't see pictures on any of the parts pages. :(