The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Idea's. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41805)

Strife 11-11-2007 05:56 PM

Idea's.

Well, I'm going to start running into more money soon (finish paying off loan next paycheck! and get a bonus and some other items being sold)
So I'm going to make my SVX exactly what i'd like it to be.
My idea's/plans

5 Speed transmission (not sure which setup i'm going to go with, would like to learn more about whats best choice?)

Painted black at a professional local paintshop

New rims- I am leaning towards black, or Jman050 recent project has made me think of gold...

Full straight piped exhaust, not sure to go with 2"/2.5" or 3"?
Currently have stock exhaust with all 3 cats cut out and pipes welded in place with a customly made resonator put in. it's good enough for now but would rather do 2 straight pipes.

Like to find a Alcyone hood emblem.

Going to keep my stock spoiler, i rather like how it looks.

Going to most likely Limo Tint the rear passenger windows and back window. My province doesn't allow me to tint driver/passenger windows :(

Not planning on any significant interior changes. Got good audio system (Clarion deck, Pioneer 6X9's, 1000W amp powering dual 12" subs.) and all my leather and everything is in perfect condition.

Any idea's or suggestions would be lovely!!

redlightningsvx 11-11-2007 06:01 PM

get a nice custom made box for those two 12'ves

Sov13t 11-11-2007 06:02 PM

2"/2.5" or 3"...

2.5" or 3" might be counter-productive if you do not plan on going the forced induction way.

More money is always good, congratulations!

If it is too much, let me know - I can help ;)

Crazy_pilot 11-11-2007 06:06 PM

For true dual there's no point to going bigger than 2" unless you have plans to turbo/supercharge. As for the 5MT, I'd say best bet is the WRX box with 3.90 gearing.

gwarusee 11-11-2007 10:12 PM

Since you cannot tint the front windows I would not tint any at all. It just dosn't look right on an svx having just the rear windows blacked out. It messes with the whole split window look. thats my thought on it

odepaj 11-12-2007 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwarusee (Post 508134)
Since you cannot tint the front windows I would not tint any at all. It just dosn't look right on an svx having just the rear windows blacked out. It messes with the whole split window look. thats my thought on it

Thats pretty much what I was gonna say.

It would still look nice if you tinted the back half some-what, but deffinetly not limo tint. And if you do end up doing limo tint your gonna hate it because the rear-window will be useless during night driving (trust me on that one, and I didnt even go as dark as limo). Really the best combo would be 1-2 shades of tint so its not a big contrast from the front of the car to the rear.

Dustin

Strife 11-12-2007 06:50 PM

thanks for the help guys!

so a good idea would be to just do 2" dual striaghtpipes?

i agree, tinting the rear and not the front would contrast quite a bit...
i might just lightly shade the rear window and thats all.
or just tint everything and wait till i get pulled over...but thats no fun.

for the 5MT, should i start looking around at wreckers, or better idea just to go new?

Myxalplyx 11-12-2007 08:13 PM

So you can't get away with painting the front window 'roof'. I mean, the actual front window is not tinted, only the upper part. It's not like tinting the top portion is preventing the cops from doing their duties right? :p

Strife 11-13-2007 06:29 PM

hmm, thats a damn good question if i can do the top portion of the window or not...
i think ill have to ask a friend who works at a window place that does tinting..

redsvx 11-13-2007 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strife (Post 508541)
hmm, thats a damn good question if i can do the top portion of the window or not...
i think ill have to ask a friend who works at a window place that does tinting..

I'm positive you can just leave the tint off the windows that go down ... the others should not be considered door window glass anyway ... they're a fixed part of the door design !! Good debate for a lawyer :p

AlcyoneDaze 11-13-2007 08:06 PM

hmmm... it is a good debate, but its really going to depend on the mood of the cop/inspector, we are in a unique boat with our window situation, but here in NJ anything forward of the pillar, in the driver's view is considered a no-go. I already asked a tint-shop about this.

AlcyoneDaze 11-13-2007 08:08 PM

Oh ****e, I misread your intentions, yea, a three inch bar on the windshield is usually fine. I thought you meant doing the top part of the split window - that will not fly

jman050 11-13-2007 08:44 PM

im in nj and i have 15% all around....have yet to get a ticket but then again im in FL 7 months out of the year

Strife 11-13-2007 09:10 PM

I was wanting to find out about drivers side upper window tint.

My Law.
British Columbia - No film is permitted on the driver’s compartment, right and left. Any film may be installed on the side windows behind the driver. Any film may be applied to the rear window, provided the vehicle has 2 exterior rear view mirrors.

Guess no tint in front upper window? haha

svxfiles 11-13-2007 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strife (Post 508350)
thanks for the help guys!

so a good idea would be to just do 2" dual striaghtpipes?

yes.
Mandral bent, and plan to use at least four resonators!
Good luck!
For the 5/6 speed, pm TomsSVX.