The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   just got back from Niagara Falls (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13568)

Landshark 10-04-2003 04:50 PM

just got back from Niagara Falls

1 Attachment(s)
i took the SVX on a short trip to Niagara Falls - it was nice to open it up on the highway. :)

my passenger seat speed warning alarm went off several times, but it was pretty smooth driving. this sucker is definitely a highway cruiser, right at home hustling along at 85mph. i was the fastest car on the highway the whole way home, except for a Saturn Ion that went screaming by me at what must have been 100mph! i was waiting for body panels to come flying off behind him. :D

here's a pic of me-

Landshark 10-04-2003 04:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here's another really cool pic. this is the actual picture, no effects. i ran it through Photoshop only to lower the resolution so it wouldn't take forever to load.

LarryIII 10-04-2003 06:18 PM

Niagara Fall !! Slowly I turned, step by step, step by step; until I could feel his warm breath upon.................

T.McCaw 10-04-2003 06:30 PM

inch by inch

The Wishfoundation had a child that wanted to see a rainbow. They didn't know how they where going to pull that one off. Guess where they to the child.

Tom

Landshark 10-04-2003 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by T.McCaw
Guess where they to the child.

Tom

grap on my tired?

wawazat?? 10-05-2003 08:13 AM

Re: just got back from Niagara Falls

Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark

my passenger seat speed warning alarm went off several times,

Hey, I've got one of those too! Thought it was a HDM option (husband domesticated market):D

Todd

Landshark 10-05-2003 10:19 AM

Re: Re: just got back from Niagara Falls

Quote:

Originally posted by wawazat??

Hey, I've got one of those too! Thought it was a HDM option (husband domesticated market):D

Todd

:) i busted her doing 80 on the way up, though. i told her she can go as fast as she wants, but if she gets a ticket, then i won't be paying her car insurance anymore. its high enough as it is, with all those Fast n' Furious goons wrapping their WRX's around telephone poles. :mad:

Subafreak 10-05-2003 11:24 AM

Re: just got back from Niagara Falls

Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark
i took the SVX on a short trip to Niagara Falls - it was nice to open it up on the highway. :)

my passenger seat speed warning alarm went off several times, but it was pretty smooth driving. this sucker is definitely a highway cruiser, right at home hustling along at 85mph. i was the fastest car on the highway the whole way home, except for a Saturn Ion that went screaming by me at what must have been 100mph! i was waiting for body panels to come flying off behind him. :D

here's a pic of me-

Don't do it man, no matter what the cost of the repair, it's not worth it!

Noir 10-05-2003 05:34 PM

re: so it was you

so it was you landshark that pulled the plug on new york :D

~*~JenSVX~*~ 10-05-2003 05:45 PM

Blackout

Yeah Noir... I think he kicked the plug out climbing up to take that pic...:D

Jen

SubaruPartsGirl 10-06-2003 09:35 AM

Awesome pics...thanks for the new desktop!

Landshark 10-06-2003 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SubaruPartsGirl
Awesome pics...thanks for the new desktop!
you have a picture of me on your desktop - i'm flattered. oh, the other pic. :D

i have some great hi-res SVX wallpapers i made with my new digital camera, but i just tried putting them in my locker, and i think there are still a few bugs in the Network right now. i'll try again soon.

4TUN8 1 10-09-2003 09:49 PM

Ok, so I don't regularly post. Doesn't mean I'm dead. Landshark, too bad I missed you by a couple of days. My wife and I flew out to the Niagara region from Edmonton for a little R&R Sept. 28 - Oct. 03. Damn cold out east! Anyway, I only spotted one SVX the entire trip (a pearlie with Ontario plates). Believe me, from the 38th floor of the Embassy Suites at Niagara, you can spot damn near anything. What a view!

I haven't been around the site for a while since I've had my '96 LSI in storage for the summer so it wouldn't get jealous of my new '03 Boxster. Getting time to put the Porsche away and start enjoying the AWD again. Life is just full of difficult choices.

Landshark 10-09-2003 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 4TUN8 1
Ok, so I don't regularly post. Doesn't mean I'm dead. Landshark, too bad I missed you by a couple of days. My wife and I flew out to the Niagara region from Edmonton for a little R&R Sept. 28 - Oct. 03. Damn cold out east! Anyway, I only spotted one SVX the entire trip (a pearlie with Ontario plates). Believe me, from the 38th floor of the Embassy Suites at Niagara, you can spot damn near anything. What a view!

I haven't been around the site for a while since I've had my '96 LSI in storage for the summer so it wouldn't get jealous of my new '03 Boxster. Getting time to put the Porsche away and start enjoying the AWD again. Life is just full of difficult choices.

yeah, too bad i missed you - i didn't see any SVX's that trip. i had a Porsche and an SVX at the same time for about 4 months. i really miss that car, but i don't miss the headaches associated with cleaning, maintaining, upgrading, etc. more than 1 car. now all my attention can be focused on the SVX. i'm getting lazy. :D