The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Looking for recommendations on a car transporter (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49565)

benebob 03-19-2009 04:12 PM

Looking for recommendations on a car transporter

Thinking about buying something in Co so shipping would be necessary. The transporter I know from Manheim Auto Auction that I would use has been bought out so anybody ship a NON running car through someone they were pleased with. I'm not in a hurry for the car. Just don't want any added fees beyond the quote or of course any damage as it is a low slung fiberglass shell.

Green1995SVX 03-19-2009 04:44 PM

Re: Looking for recommendations on a car transporter

Ben-

I ship a lot of cars, and always use McNutt Auto Transport. Call there and ask for Debbie. She'll set you up with a good rate. I've had them do non-running cars. It just needs to be able to roll.

800-755-2324

ensteele 03-19-2009 06:48 PM

A couple of friends and I have used DAS Auto Shippers and had very good results, but it needs to be running or they would charge extra. :o

jakea 03-19-2009 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele (Post 592903)
A couple of friends and I have used DAS Auto Shippers and had very good results, but it needs to be running or they would charge extra. :o

2000 RS coupe from WI to Garage Tuning, LA.
760 before tax. top of the trailer, right in front.

subeman90 03-19-2009 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benebob (Post 592874)
Thinking about buying something in Co so shipping would be necessary. The transporter I know from Manheim Auto Auction that I would use has been bought out so anybody ship a NON running car through someone they were pleased with. I'm not in a hurry for the car. Just don't want any added fees beyond the quote or of course any damage as it is a low slung fiberglass shell.

something, something, money burning a hole in your pocket, something :lol:

Green1995SVX 03-19-2009 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele (Post 592903)

I used to use DAS, but had several problems with them. I had a Volvo convertible that ended up with the top smashed, and they even lost a car for nearly a week. In both cases, customer service was completely and utterly nonexistent.

JaySVX 03-20-2009 07:01 AM

shelfy and a friend are driving from colorado, perhaps one would drive it out for you?

benebob 03-20-2009 08:26 AM

Okay so what's a realistic current rate door to door from Alasmo, Co to Lancaster PA for a NON op (Jay I like your idea but I don't think Shelfy would enjoy driving a car that no run 1500 miles). Auction ends at 2pm so I'm trying to come up with a realistic plan by then.

Lowest quote was $575, highest $1090 plus a $150-200 for non-running charge on top. I miss my man Tony! He was very easy no bs to deal with.:lol:

subeman90 03-20-2009 09:24 AM

OMG that thing is ugly. can't you think of a better way to piss away money? Why don't you buy a Hyundai Scoupe as it would be more reliable and less prone to breakage. :lol: And you have the nerve to call my Baja ugly :confused:

Alright I confess: if you buy it I want a ride in it :eek:

benebob 03-20-2009 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subeman90 (Post 593002)
OMG that thing is ugly. can't you think of a better way to piss away money? Why don't you buy a Hyundai Scoupe as it would be more reliable and less prone to breakage. :lol: And you have the nerve to call my Baja ugly :confused:

Alright I confess: if you buy it I want a ride in it :eek:

The only thing you need to be concerned about looking at would be the rear end as it smokes your SVX. Sorry it isn't as sexy as a Mercury Capri or that VW Cabrio you have above your headboard.:lol:

subeman90 03-20-2009 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benebob (Post 593009)
The only thing you need to be concerned about looking at would be the rear end as it smokes your SVX. Sorry it isn't as sexy as a Mercury Capri or that VW Cabrio you have above your headboard.:lol:

all I have is a pic with you sitting in the front seat of a cabrio fan boi! :lol:

Wow the SVX is gone 2 days and you have already started to talk smack...:lol:

subeman90 03-20-2009 11:16 AM

i bet that thing has a lot of parts that will interchange with a Ford Pinto :lol:

essveeexxee 03-20-2009 12:01 PM

10 characters.

benebob 03-20-2009 04:36 PM

Well I did buy the car. A gloriously scary Tube Frame TVR 280i is just 1500 or so miles from home. Will call Mike's gal on Monday. I still wish my man Tony was around as I know I can trust him. Shipping a non running fraigle car via a carrier is scary enough, let alone a handbuilt sports car. At least it is in less that desirble shape (but that can sometimes backfire as it's looked at as the POS that no one cares about).;)

essveeexxee 03-20-2009 09:30 PM

10 characters.