The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   New here, not sure where to post this. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=61609)

Krytios 04-23-2013 08:48 AM

New here, not sure where to post this.

Ello everyone. I am not an SVX owner, but I intend to be. I've owned several XTs and XT6s, ready to upgrade to an SVX.

I have several vehicles, mainly toyotas, and I look forward to another Soob.

Also, just from a mild glance around the forums, you guys are super against street racing. Just never seen that in a forum before.

icingdeath88 04-23-2013 11:36 AM

Re: New here, not sure where to post this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krytios (Post 723081)
Also, just from a mild glance around the forums, you guys are super against street racing. Just never seen that in a forum before.

The core membership of the forum is an older crowd than most forums. It's a very good thing, IMO. It means there's less time wasted arguing about whether a civic is faster than an SVX and more time used to actually help people fix and enjoy their cars and make them last longer.

The "other" forum has a street racing section.

Krytios 04-23-2013 11:52 AM

I can see the benefits. It isn't as if raw horsepower is even a Subaru trait, let alone an svx quality. I don't personally street race, barring the occasional 55-80mph romp on the highway. But I do enjoy a good 2-3rd gear pull on an onramp or deserted interstate. Would that constitue activities no approved of? That would be my goal for an svx. Pretty much just a fun awd car that looks like a delorean and a bmw had a baby.

dcarrb 04-23-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krytios (Post 723093)
...barring the occasional 55-80mph romp on the highway. But I do enjoy a good 2-3rd gear pull on an onramp or deserted interstate.

The SVX should serve you well in those pursuits.

Welcome. Hope you find a good one.

dcb

icingdeath88 04-23-2013 12:24 PM

I don't think anyone around here can say they are innocent of "spirited driving", at least occasionally. There's a pretty wide margin between street racing and spirited driving though. But it's not really what people come here to talk about.

ensteele 04-23-2013 08:20 PM

Good luck on the search for a good SVX. They are a great touring car, but not so good for a 10 sec car. :lol: We love it for what it is and enjoy the people that come together across the country who enjoy it. There are some good ones out there.

jetboy 04-24-2013 05:46 AM

Just to pitch in, welcome to the forum.

The SVX is a powerful car compared to most on the road and, with power comes responsibility. Part of that responsibility is to not endanger fellow motorists, pedestrians and other creatures in traffic. But more than anything, I think the nature of the car and general age level leaves little interest to street racing as an active / advertised past time.

For some, maybe many, buying an SVX can be a cheap way to attain road power but chances are you want a more (easily) modifiable car if sheer speed and good handling for racing is waht you're after.

Krytios 04-24-2013 08:24 AM

Yeah like I said Subaru in general isn't know for their drag racing prowess. I have a ten second 76 Celica so my need for speed is satisfied with that car. My desire for an svx is one of curiosity and I've always wanted one. I've owned several XTs and my XT6 was my favorite. Could never afford an SVX because all the ones locally and in Nashville (where I used to live, I saw like 7 of them) were all $5,000+ for cars that needed work. To me it was like an old Lotus or similar car. Almost supercar status not because of horsepower but from innovation and being so unique. Lol and still they are out of my price range!!! If I hadn't just spent $13,000 on my celica I would pay cash for one. But at the moment my only option is trade.