The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   People it sucks to be. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23161)

Subafreak 12-10-2004 07:09 PM

People it sucks to be.

Today we get this 2K Tiburon in the shop. Costomer says "it died wile driving and smoke came out of dash" My impression "not good"

After a quick look I notice a wire spaded in place of a fuse for the ECU. A look under the dash I see melted wires. A few hours later the dash is out and the diagnosis is that it needs about $2,600 in wireing harness:eek: The kid has only had the car for 2 months and owes 8K on it. The place he bought it from is resposible for the wire in place of the ECU fuse (they addmitted it to us on the phone) but it is out of warranty and told the kid to go screw.

BTW: The $2,600 does not inclued labor for replacing the wireing harnesses or the possible ECU damage. So be happy tp be you.;)

NapaBavarian 12-10-2004 07:54 PM

OMFG OMFG OMFG... Justifiable homacide?

SVXer95 12-10-2004 08:17 PM

OUCH!

Royal Tiger 12-10-2004 08:34 PM

With the ammount of lawyers in the world these days, I'm sure he can find someone to sue the place. Amazing how being served with a subpeona makes everyone jump.

NapaBavarian 12-10-2004 08:41 PM

I think I have a subpeona arround here somewhere, just change important information and have a nice girl dress up and hand it to them...

Chiketkd 12-10-2004 10:14 PM

Damn! That definitely falls under justifiable homicide... :mad:

-Chike

Shadow248 12-10-2004 10:49 PM

Or he could just go to the place that screwed him, replace all their ECU fuses with jump wires, and call it even. :cool:

Guard-TL- 12-10-2004 10:52 PM

he paid 8k for what!!!!!:eek:

damn...he should kill him self .....>_>

UberRoo 12-11-2004 12:08 PM

A buddy of mine had a custom stereo installed in his car. Custom box, mirrors, fancy lights - the whole deal. He had a matched set of Phoenix Gold everything. A few months ago his PG Power Grid (capacitor) caught fire. The car is totaled from smoke damage. Even the front speakers are ruined because there's a thin film of sticky smoke residue stained onto them. Everything in the car is totaled.

After blowing him off repeatedly, Phoenix Gold's final offer was to replace the Power Grid with a newer unit - which of course doesn't match, doesn't fit, and if it did, couldn't be attached because the custom wooden enclosure it's attached to is charred wood now.

So he's going to have his insurance company total the car and let them go after Phoenix Gold for settlement. Nice.

As for the cooked wiring harness, small sections can usually be replaced without huge difficulty. This is a perfect example of what small (or not-so-small) claims courts are for. Any electrician knows not to bypass a fuse. This is a pretty open and shut case. But it was a Tiburon, so I guess you could argue that putting it out of it's misery was the only humane thing to do.

Mr. Pockets 12-11-2004 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by UberRoo
Any electrician knows not to bypass a fuse.
Right, but car dealers don't.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...egacy+and+fuse

I learned that it's routine to test a circuit with a meter, unprotected by a fuse. But replacing a fuse with a piece of wire? That's nothing short of criminal. I'd call a lawyer and sue for the cost of the repair, a rental while it's being done, and my legal fees.

Beav 12-13-2004 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

I learned that it's routine to test a circuit with a meter, unprotected by a fuse.

Yeah, I've worked with some clowns that jump a fuse and watch for smoke to find a short. Of course they had to stop by Mom's on the way to work for her to tie their shoes...

Subafreak 12-13-2004 05:35 PM

Well the dealership must be changing it's mind becouse they sent out the tech that did the wire job to check out the car today. He knows he screwed up and said he was gonna go back and talk to the boss. They might just cut there losses and give the customer another car to make things right. Anybody need a Tiburon parts car?:D

Subafreak 12-17-2004 08:18 PM

When the F'd up gets more F'd up?

Ok so the shop decided that it isn't gonna pay for anything. So now the customer has to go to the DMV to file a complaint that will come out of the shops "Bond" if the DMV desides they are at fault. In the mean time, we were moving cars down back today in prep for the "big storm" comming Monday and noticed that the Tiburon had a donut spare on the front that wasnt there before:confused: We called the cutomer to seeif they did it and they didn't. SOMEONE STOLE A FRIGGEN TIBERON WHEEL AND WAS NICE ENOUGH TO PUT A SPARE ON!!!!???? Whoever did it didn't even tighten the wheel all the way (BECOUSE IT WAS THE WRONG CENTER BORE!!!!!)

But anyway, now we got to come up with a friggen wheel for a Tiburon that may or may not get fixed anyway.

Anybody suspect the shop that phucked the wireing for stealing the tire?:mad:

Landshark 12-17-2004 08:26 PM

Re: When the F'd up gets more F'd up?

Quote:

Originally posted by Subafreak
Ok so the shop decided that it isn't gonna pay for anything. So now the customer has to go to the DMV to file a complaint that will come out of the shops "Bond" if the DMV desides they are at fault. In the mean time, we were moving cars down back today in prep for the "big storm" comming Monday and noticed that the Tiburon had a donut spare on the front that wasnt there before:confused: We called the cutomer to seeif they did it and they didn't. SOMEONE STOLE A FRIGGEN TIBERON WHEEL AND WAS NICE ENOUGH TO PUT A SPARE ON!!!!???? Whoever did it didn't even tighten the wheel all the way (BECOUSE IT WAS THE WRONG CENTER BORE!!!!!)

But anyway, now we got to come up with a friggen wheel for a Tiburon that may or may not get fixed anyway.

Anybody suspect the shop that phucked the wireing for stealing the tire?:mad:

holy bad luck car, Batman!

GJSVX 12-19-2004 06:01 PM

Wow, some luck there