The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   lacuna coil (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15504)

Noir 01-09-2004 01:56 AM

lacuna coil

god this band rocks:

http://www.lacunacoil.it/eng/index.htm

anyone know what that symbol means? another derivative of it is on the following site:

http://www.cruxshadows.com/

it's the symbol that's revolving on the Lacuna Coil's site and the white symbol in the middle of the Cruxshadows site.

it's definitely not chinese, i checked with some people. celtic maybe?

reminds me of gothic bands from back in the day and falls alittle in Robert Smith's category. it stirs up the same attitude that the old 'Cure' does to me.

eurotrash rocks :D just kidding ;D damn good music though, i would like to thank Chris/GreenmarineSVX for unknowingly giving me access to a resource that eventually lead to discovery of this band that my stimulate my senses.

hopefully our euro brothers and sisters will have some information on these guys :D i will fly to europe to attend a live concert :D

Bobb 01-09-2004 04:21 AM

Sign

Hi Harry, It doesn't look like the same letter to me. Take care, BOBB

P/S You can click on the Lacuna Coil letter. I think it's a "coil". "B"

Mr. Pockets 01-09-2004 09:39 AM

Never heard of 'em before. Is there a sound clip online somewhere I could sample?

Ha! The chick's into video games and she digs Silent Hill...sweet...that's one of my favorite series evAR.

CGLathrop 01-09-2004 11:10 AM

Darn..

And I thought someone had found new coil packs for the SVX when I read the thread topic.. :D

Noir 01-09-2004 01:13 PM

yeah i'll drop one in my folder later mr. pockets :D

i dropped 2 songs in my locker that will be deleted within 2 days.

the two songs are there only for preview. i do not support any file sharing of mp3 in any shape or form. please delete the file after listening to it to avoid any legal issues from the RIAA. if you chose not to delete the song, it is illegal. :D just covering myself :D

but i didn't really read their bio, i just went there to see if there were clips. i think they are pretty good. not like 'the cure' but the sounds do remind me of some goth stuff. i'm not into video games so i'm assuming silent hill is a game.

enjoy :D

i'm going to buy all their cd's today so i can give the RIAA the finger.

Mr. Pockets 01-09-2004 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Noir
i'm not into video games so i'm assuming silent hill is a game.
Yes, Silent Hill is a game. Actually, there are now three of them. Over those three games the developers have come up with some of the most disturbingly creepy images I've ever seen. Truly terrifying stuff.

Quote:

i'm going to buy all their cd's today so i can give the RIAA the finger.
Ah, yes, buying their stuff is such an effective method of insulting them. ;)

Really, I'm just kidding. I absolutely think you should buy their CDs if you like the band...

Thanks for the files!

Most of them don't seem to work, by the way...

Noir 01-09-2004 06:59 PM

hmm..i'll try emailing them to you later. :D

actually i don't mind buying the music. i got a job, i make money, artists are trying to make a living too. but what gets me is that i want to preview a cd before buying it. so what do i do? i download them and then listen to them. if i like it, i buy the cd, if i don't i trash it. they can come send me letters and try to sue me if they want. all the music i downloaded and enjoyed, i bought so screw them.

what i do not like is the fact that they have gained the ability to go to the isp to get your information to prosecute you for trading music. i just think that's an invasion of privacy. i don't want any company other than the government to have rights to go and get my information of what i've been doing and logging my ip for which site's i've been to. i frequent exploit sites and stuff to learn about new security issues for our networks. i frequent sites that some may consider negative and offensive. what i don't want is for someone to label me as a nazi because i'm trying to figure out what's going on in their world.

Subafreak 01-09-2004 08:20 PM

Lacuna Coil been around for awile now. They were touring with Type-O when they were playing in Boston and CT. But I didn't get out to see them due to short notice:(

There are a couple of really good aucustic versions of Heavens A lie and some other song for down load on www.107.3waaf.com or some thing like that. Just type it in it will come up, and look in the in studio page. I'd give you a more direct link but I'm a idiot and have no idea how to. Check it out thoe it's a really good version.

Noir 01-09-2004 08:32 PM

yeah, i love their music. i'm just happy that i found another band where i like majority of their music. the recent stuff on the radio is really not that appealing to me.

any other recommendations that sound similar to their music. i'm also taking interest into black metal bands.

nothing like some good hateful music :D

Noir 01-09-2004 08:52 PM

hey nick you party pooper. your pm is full. gimme your email so i can send you some laguna coil :D.

Mr. Pockets 01-10-2004 12:15 PM

Quote:

hey nick you party pooper. :D.
HA!

Okay, I'mm clean out my box a little and PM you my email address...

Thanks. :D

Noir 01-10-2004 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

HA!

Okay, I'mm clean out my box a little and PM you my email address...

Thanks. :D

hehe...i think i'm turning japanese, i really do think i am. :D

GreenMarine 01-10-2004 03:11 PM

Re: lacuna coil

Quote:

god this band rocks:

http://www.lacunacoil.it/eng/index.htm

eurotrash rocks :D just kidding ;D damn good music though, i would like to thank Chris/GreenmarineSVX for unknowingly giving me access to a resource that eventually lead to discovery of this band that my stimulate my senses.

????? How did I do tthis??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Bobb 01-10-2004 08:35 PM

Music

Hi everyone, Just a suggestion. You can hear samples of Lacuna Coil and Cruxshadow on www.amazon.com . Go to music and put in the groups name. Take Care, BOBB

Noir 01-11-2004 03:45 AM

Re: Music

Quote:

Originally posted by Bobb
Hi everyone, Just a suggestion. You can hear samples of Lacuna Coil and Cruxshadow on www.amazon.com . Go to music and put in the groups name. Take Care, BOBB
holy bat ears robin, i think we have something here.

i never used amazon.com, but that's good to know...thanks bob :D.

i'm a dumb pc user.........:D