The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   The most expensive cup of coffee ever (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33827)

AutoTchr 06-22-2006 11:47 PM

The most expensive cup of coffee ever

5 Attachment(s)
My wife and I rode to a little town called Mosier (population about 200) where we stopped to have a cup of coffee. I placed my bike in the bike rack next to hers. We were sipping our coffee, enjoying the day when a big tractor/ trailer cut the corner short and ran over my $3500.00 dollar race bike! My wifes bike went unscathed, yet mine is a total. Note the broken carbon fiber frame.

He did not stop and luckily there was a guy on a motorcycle that chased him down. We exchanged info and I hope his insurance steps up to pay. The shop owner took the pics. FYI the shop owner has his vintage Porsche collection on display at the coffee shop. It is really pretty cool.

SilverSpear 06-23-2006 12:16 AM

If I were you I would *&^#$^(@*$&(&*@#&$ that @ssh0w !!! I hate when people do not take responsibility for their mistakes and run away :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ricochet 06-23-2006 01:33 AM

Maybe it was god's way of saying you spent too much money for a bicycle :)

cookiemunstr 06-23-2006 04:16 AM

I'm into the mountain biking and i know what i feels like to loose a bike. Got mine stolen. Good luck with the insurance, and from the looks of it you had a nice bike.

DanSVX94 06-23-2006 06:47 AM

Wow, you can even see the tire tracks.

Sorry about your bike.

We once paid a mover to move the contents of our house. The driver wound up strapping my mountain bike to the trucks exhaust and melted a tire and other damage. I complained that I wanted my items IN THE TRUCK!

SubaSteevo 06-23-2006 07:23 AM

I have a Trek. It costs $200, has two petals, a handlebar, and two wheels. If it got hit by a tractor trailer, I would be upset that I had to walk home.

Suby Fan 06-23-2006 07:51 AM

i feel your pain... should be intresting so see what the insurance company says when they find out how much the bike is worth :eek:

Ricochet 06-23-2006 09:06 AM

Can you insure bikes like that? I mean that thing cost more that most of the cars people drive on this forum

Speedklix 06-23-2006 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaSteevo
I have a Trek. It costs $200, has two petals, a handlebar, and two wheels. If it got hit by a tractor trailer, I would be upset that I had to walk home.

Well, my trek cost $0, so there! ;) :)

It was a trade. I'd still be angry, even though it clearly isn't as nice as the victim pictured above.

msvx95 06-23-2006 09:40 AM

I was going to say....svx's cost less than that bike? WTF! What's so special that makes that racing bike over 3K?? I'm sure it's light and all, but it doesn't have an EG33:p

cookiemunstr 06-23-2006 10:35 AM

i paid $2100 for my bike 6 years ago. It was ahead of its time then, and still is sort of. Completly custom, i met the guy to built it from aluminum tubes. very light bike. And yes to answer Ricochet, you can insure bikes. There are bikes out there that cost close to $5000 or more (downhill bikes, very intense). I didn't have my bike insured when it was stolen, and now it is insured. I heard its kinda covered under your household insurance. But you can buy a "sports rider" insurance (i think thats what its called).

AutoTchr 06-23-2006 03:32 PM

try 10 grand

It is really easy to go out and drop 10 grand bike right now. I could have one an hour from now if I wanted to pay that much. (NO WAY) It would not even be a custom bike.

Look up the Trek Madone SSLx.

My bike is (was) worth more than my SVX ANDI get more enjoyment out of it than I do my SVX;)

AutoTchr 06-23-2006 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricochet

I wonder the same thing as last febuary I broke my pelvis in a race, now this! God is trying to tell me something.

It's Just Eric 06-23-2006 04:11 PM

I also know what its like to have an expensive bike, except mine was built to not break. Doubt a BMX bike can take a hit from a tractor trailer though. Hopefully you get every penny's worth out of the insurance

gtdanielgt 06-23-2006 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricochet

Are you always such a bright ray of sunshine? In EVERY single post I see of yours, you have nothing positive to say about anything... Bitter about life perhaps?:confused: