The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   1st newb post =P Whats up... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30994)

xturboexpress 01-19-2006 11:26 PM

1st newb post =P Whats up...

as if dfwcc.org, newtiburon.com, supramania.com, supraforums.com and about 10 others wern't enough, now I've reason to be registered here.

So after a few... years... of fiddling about with titles, ownership, and a lot of sitting around with its tires going flat, I've got a 93 SVX, of the, LSi veriety I belive. It's AWD and seems to have all the options. It was that nice burgandy, maroon bit of color with two tone black roof/trunk, but at this moment its being sanded down and straightened out for a few coats of 2006 Acura Anthrasite metallic (from the TL). I'm still debating if I want to do the roof and trunk black... currently the order is all anthracite with black roof.

Anyway I've got a OEM muffler on it now (I dont think its had one in a while) a new rear wheel bearing, imagine that, and thats just this week, so its moving along quickly. Paint should be on next week along with a tranny cooler or two.

Hoefully I'll have some pics for ya to enjoy shortly, the paint should look top notch. So now everyones caught up, and hopefully I'll get outa the newb phase quick =)

Rotorflyr 01-19-2006 11:36 PM

Welcome to the site!
If your SVX is/was originaly a burgandy color it isn't a 93' more then likely a 92'
The 93' only came as a Anniversary Addition in Red, other then that it was the same as any 92-95 LSI/LSL
I can't say as Im familiar with the color you've chosen to paint her, but if it were me, I'd paint the roof and spoiler to match.

SilverSpear 01-19-2006 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rotorflyr
but if it were me, I'd paint the roof and spoiler to match.

BTW: sorry to ask, but do you mean by Anthrasite as grey metallic? (the meaning of Anthrasite in my country is grey)

xturboexpress 01-19-2006 11:56 PM

Correction, my 92 SVX.... ;)

Yeah... still a toss up, all grey, black roof, or black roof and trunk. Agreed all grey does look more modern and up to date, but the black-roof'd look is coming back a lot, esp all the cars with tinted glass roofs etc. I think the black trunk is a little too far back... I swear the only reason the trunk is black is to either A) cover up how tall the ass is, or B) cover up that funky forward-swept angle behind the rear window. I figure grey trunk / black roof is a good compromise.

xturboexpress 01-19-2006 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSpear

BTW: sorry to ask, but do you mean by Anthrasite as grey metallic? (the meaning of Anthrasite in my country is grey)

Anthracite is an artsy name for a shade of grey I guess, like "Plum crazy purple" and what not.

http://www.acurainspired.com/forums/..._gallery&id=88

Acura says it should look like that. I agree.

sicksubie 01-20-2006 12:05 AM

that color combo should look hot... My opinion though would be to paint the trunk and roof black.. Just my 2cents

SilverSpear 01-20-2006 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sicksubie
that color combo should look hot... My opinion though would be to paint the trunk and roof black.. Just my 2cents

They will look good either way. I would do it Black over grey.
Do you realize you have to pull the engine out to paint the bay grey as well? You should do it the proper way.

sicksubie 01-20-2006 12:12 AM

I agree with silverspear. If you are gonna do it right, pull the motor. And considering you already have it out do your spark plugs and belts... And other 'routine' stuff like intake cams, phenolic spacers, 5spd tranny, (voice trails off)

Ricochet 01-20-2006 12:16 AM

That color is beautiful :eek:

xturboexpress 01-20-2006 12:21 AM

Yes, I know how to do the job right... the paint and bodywork is being done by a friend of mine who went to mcphersons auto body college for far too many years... had his hand in the ME412 and concept challenger projects... he knows his stuff. However, I'm not ready to dump that kind of money into it just yet... all the jambs are being painted, trunk, doors, sunroof, hood as well, but not the whole engine bay. I would if I had the resources, but not this season =) the Supra needs an Safcii and tuning, the tib needs tires and an alignment... blah blah blah blah I'm too cheap this go round =)

SilverSpear 01-20-2006 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sicksubie
... And other 'routine' stuff like intake cams, phenolic spacers, 5spd tranny, (voice trails off)

:D :D :D :D :D

ensteele 01-20-2006 12:26 AM

Welcome to the site. Get some pictures in your locker when you get the project done. We would like to see them. :)

SilverSpear 01-20-2006 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xturboexpress
However, I'm not ready to dump that kind of money into it just yet... all the jambs are being painted, trunk, doors, sunroof, hood as well, but not the whole engine bay.... blah blah blah blah I'm too cheap this go round =)

:( :( :( :o :(

ensteele 01-20-2006 12:39 AM

Danny - give him some time and he will catch the bug. ;) :) :)

Seraph 01-20-2006 12:45 AM

What bug? :D :D :D