The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Suspension (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   ground control (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26993)

freak customs 06-25-2005 08:50 PM

ground control

those of you who have the ground control:

where did you get the package and (with or without the struts) how much am i looking to spend if i were to go with it?

freak customs 06-25-2005 09:02 PM

i've looked at the ground control website and they do not list anything for the svx. is this a special order thing?

Earthworm 06-27-2005 12:18 PM

I got mine through Subaru of Gwinnett.

Speedklix 06-28-2005 09:14 PM

were they really made for a SVX though? My 97 legacy used to sit on pinks... know what I'm saying?

Noir 06-29-2005 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthworm
I got mine through Subaru of Gwinnett.

same, but I don't know if they still have that set for sale. if not, you can get koni struts for the svx from Monster Garage???? <--- I think that's right and you can get the springs from Ground Control.

I hear Mychalio has some pretty good springs as well.

SVXer95 06-29-2005 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir
same, but I don't know if they still have that set for sale. if not, you can get koni struts for the svx from Monster Garage???? <--- I think that's right and you can get the springs from Ground Control.

I hear Mychalio has some pretty good springs as well.

Classic Garage.

Earthworm 06-29-2005 01:37 PM

Subaru of Gwinnett actually ordered the Ground Controls when I called. They didn't stock them. They also sold me the Koni's. They got the Koni's from Classic Garage (as does everyone else).

KCROGUEDOG 06-29-2005 03:02 PM

hey e did you drop it any with the springs and how much. prices to. on the konis and the gc springs. im ordering in a 1/2 a week. thanks. the other route leaves me spending 1100 scrilladucits. then shipping. :eek:

Earthworm 06-29-2005 03:07 PM

I've got mine as low as they will go and still ride level. Prices haven't changed much. USD$1050 I believe the cost to be plus shipping.

KCROGUEDOG 06-29-2005 03:12 PM

are they the same as on the svx cental. sport line and prokit are those gcs? the springs u got are adjustable to height?

KCROGUEDOG 06-29-2005 03:18 PM

ok i see they adjust? how do u know how high or low u adjust? by threads? or is it a pain to adjust cause u got to put tires on lower and look by eye? i really like the set up being adjustable and all. cause my exhuast i have little clue how low i really want to go. suby and gwinnet would they know what im talking about if i ask or is there someone u deal with that would know earthworm?

Earthworm 06-29-2005 03:33 PM

No they are not the same as Dayle's.

The Ground Controls are the only adjustable springs for the SVX.

I adjust mine by height from the ground to the top of the fender/wheel arch. I keep both sides level.

Just call Subaru of Gwinnett and ask them if they can still get the Ground Control coilovers for the SVX.

KCROGUEDOG 06-29-2005 04:07 PM

so u can adjust with the tires on or off? is it a pain? and u just twist the ring? thanks for the info i definataly want a set of these and im going to do some work finding them. im glad they adjust cause now im a kid in a candy store. my wife was beaching about the lowing for life.

Earthworm 06-29-2005 04:18 PM

You don't have to remove the tires to adjust but you do have to jack it up.

There is a hex bolt that you tighten to keep the springs at the proper height.

KCROGUEDOG 06-29-2005 04:22 PM

awsome sounds good im checking my dealer up here for them first (they are a holes and no nothing about the svx). its a honda toyota suby dealer. 3 in one. ty again.