The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   New car options (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15565)

Blue94 01-11-2004 11:57 PM

New car options

I am looking for some feedback on some cars. My last straw has broken, every time I try to fix my SVX, I end up breaking bolts and have to order parts from Colorado because the local Subaru dealerships carry nothing anymore. The alternative is to pay through the nose to have Subaru fix it. They wanted $350 for an alternator change. Come on the car can't be this expensive to work on? Anyway I live my car so much so that I am having a hard time coming to terms with trading it in but I need something more reliable. I have about $17, 500 available and was looking to get a Volvo C70. Do you think that it will hold up to the SVX's rep? Any other ideas welcome.

Blue

Andy 01-12-2004 12:49 AM

Re: New car options

Quote:

Originally posted by Blue94
I am looking for some feedback on some cars. My last straw has broken, every time I try to fix my SVX, I end up breaking bolts and have to order parts from Colorado because the local Subaru dealerships carry nothing anymore. The alternative is to pay through the nose to have Subaru fix it. They wanted $350 for an alternator change. Come on the car can't be this expensive to work on? Anyway I live my car so much so that I am having a hard time coming to terms with trading it in but I need something more reliable. I have about $17, 500 available and was looking to get a Volvo C70. Do you think that it will hold up to the SVX's rep? Any other ideas welcome.

Blue

.........and you want reliable?

My mate is the service manager at our largest dealership (multifranchise) The only time he goes near a Volvo is when he needs furniture moved.

Why not a Legacy or Forester?

manofmayo 01-12-2004 12:54 AM

with $17,500 I'd buy 2 more SVX's, one for parts and the other to drive when the first is broken

and spend the rest on parts

Royal Tiger 01-12-2004 01:47 PM

Need we remind everyone AGAIN that a Volvo now is nothing but a warmed over ford???? Jeez.

Blue94 01-12-2004 03:14 PM

Good point, I never had much luck with Ford's either. I would get a legacy only a member of my family just leased a GT and I drove it. It has no power.:( I used to own an old Subaru wagon that was also lacking in power and I just don't want to go back:rolleyes:

Thanks for the info, Blue

Noir 01-12-2004 03:18 PM

with 17k you could get a wrx which has some power to it. or better yet you could by a decent RS with some mods for 11-13k.

parts would be available and it would be a decent awd with some power. just my opinion.

i've owned and driven a bunch of cars. by far i like the subaru's the best.

Andy 01-12-2004 03:23 PM

Volvo C70 0-60 9.9 secs

Legacy 2.5 0-60 8.9 secs

?????????

mbtoloczko 01-12-2004 03:32 PM

How about financing an Evo 8? Its fast, handles great, stops great, the 4G63 is super reliable, and the car is well-built. And its doesn't have a snout on the hood. :-)