The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Greetings from "The Dells" (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12778)

Aredubjay 08-24-2003 08:46 AM

Greetings from "The Dells"

Just stopped in to say hello from "Da Dells." We've stopped here on our way to taking the daughter to School in Bloomington, MN. Well likely arrive in Bloomington late this afternoon. Unfortunately, we're not in the SVX (couldn't get the daughter's stuff in there :( )

Meanwhile, yesterday was my 4th anniversary. The 4th anniversary of the day I bought my 1st SVX, that is. Little did I know what it would lead to. Lots o' fun and lots o' friends. Sure wish I could spend more time here, but, lately, life's been too darned busy.

Anyhoo, just wanted to say howdy. From Bloomington, we'll head to Des Moines, IA and then, over to "Mo Valley" IA. Wish I could meet up with some members along the way, but, this "whirlwind" trip may not allow it.

Y'all take care now, y'hear. :D

Zeppelin 08-24-2003 09:25 AM

Good to hear from ya, pres! Happy anniversary too! I only happened to hit 2 years with mine :(

ensteele 08-24-2003 09:50 AM

I'll second the motion! Happy Anniversary! Hi to the family too.

You aren't too far from me now, you ought to come over and we could have a great meet! :D

Have a safe trip. :)

Seraph 08-24-2003 10:08 AM

Randy,

Very nice to hear from you!!!! Hope you have a nice trip. I have a tranny in the back of my SVX if you want to pick it up on the way home. I have to seperate it from the diff though. :)

L

SHISVX 08-24-2003 10:39 AM

you at least brought a pair of handidandi large fuzzy dice didn't ya?? good to hear that all is well, happy anna!

Kelli

srmifer 08-24-2003 01:00 PM

Hey Randy!

I go the school in the twin cities...maybe I can show your daughter around the cities. ;) j/k What school is she going to? There are millions of them around the cities...hopefully she'll enjoy it...but winters are quite the b*tch. Oh well...you should leave her an SVX :D Hope you're having a good time!

ps...happy anniversary!! (<---edit)

Aredubjay 08-24-2003 05:15 PM

Andrew,
She'll be attending Bethany College of Missions. She's got her heart set on being a missionary. Only God knows why (pun intended :D).

Thanks for the greets from my peeps. :D

Y'all take care.

LarryIII 08-24-2003 05:35 PM

Randy,

Happy Anniversary.

Safe home to Shari & you.

Phast SVX 08-24-2003 06:00 PM

good to hear from you, your roughly 40 mins away from me! have fun
phil

oab_au 08-24-2003 06:21 PM

Re: Greetings from "The Dells"

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay
[

Y'all take care now, y'hear. :D [/B]
Yeh you too Mate, All the best to you and yours:)

Harvey.
P.s. 4years :( only seems like yesterday ;)

Bobb 08-24-2003 07:42 PM

Years

Hi Randy, Off to school. Those years really go fast. I was lucky enough to keep my daughter at a local school. As for cars it has been six years this month since I got my SVX. Well, have a great and safe trip. Take care, BOBB

SVXRide 08-25-2003 09:25 AM

Randy,
Sounds like your daughter's choice in schools is very special. Enjoy the roads of Iowa! Spent my freshman year of college at Iowa State in scenic Ames, Iowa!
Take care.
-Bill

Aredubjay 08-27-2003 11:28 AM

The daughter has been delivered and we're continuing our trek.

I'm setting in Des Moines, IA at my Sister-in-law's computer. We'll be leaving this afternnoon for "Mo Valley" to spend time with the Grandkids.

Phil, I thought about you and Rob as I drove through Madison. Wish I'd had time to stop and visit, but, had to run.

Bill, yes, my daughters choice in schools was very special. Trouble is, it will eventually take her even further from us when she begins to go overseas with her missions teams. Ah, and I spent a week in Ames one day. :D

Bobb, I only wish I could've talked her into a local school. :(

Harvey, great to hear from you. I'm beginning to miss this bunch more and more.

Larry, best to Rosie. We'll be sure and drive safely.

Y'all take care.

srmifer 08-28-2003 01:49 AM

you must have driven right through rochester! what did you think of all of the wonderful hwy 52 construction? it's not too bad during the day...but at night it's a bear when they like to close lanes and reroute. ugh...well, have fun driving thru iowa...there's just sooo much to see there...(cow...field...field...trees...field...cow ...lol) :D

ensteele 08-28-2003 07:47 AM

AreDub - when do you drive through Washington State? :D