The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bulletproof SVX? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8945)

Breck SVX 02-23-2003 02:35 PM

Bulletproof SVX?

I was filling up my car the other morning and i went in to pre-pay. The cashier asked me if my windows were bulletproof. Apperantly her boyfriend had told her that SVXs have the windows like they do because they're bulletproof. "Hell yeah," I told her. Just thought that was interesting, never heard that before.

-Alex

Tim 02-23-2003 03:09 PM

There are companies that will turn your car into a light armored vehicle for 20 grand. They put these cloth sheets called Impack that will make your car bulletproof. They also change out your windshield and windows as well as put in run flats. There was a special on the travel channel :)

JeffN 02-23-2003 05:59 PM

He'd say anything impressive to get into her pants....!

SVXdriver_007 02-23-2003 06:00 PM

Of course it adds some weight so you'll have to take that into consideration when it comes to out-manuevering the bad guy. Oh and of course since it is heavier it is also slower meaning it may be bulletproof but won't save you when they catch up in their H2 and run your A$$ of the road.

GreenMarine 02-24-2003 09:20 AM

Bot atleast you'll have AWD!!! If I didn't care about my SVX I'd go down a gravel road if bad guys where chasing me... Whooo hooo!!!!! Look out Colin McRea!!!!! I love gravel rallying, that's all we would do for fun in Australia.... My dad had an old Suby that he let me drive.... The weekends my buddies turned the dirt woads around the small town that I lived in (Willunga) into our own Rally corses!!!!! What a Blast..... I never wrecked yet, maybe I should contact Subaru and try to get in on thier Rally Program!!!:D

Green1995SVX 02-24-2003 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
Bot atleast you'll have AWD!!! If I didn't care about my SVX I'd go down a gravel road if bad guys where chasing me... Whooo hooo!!!!! Look out Colin McRea!!!!! I love gravel rallying, that's all we would do for fun in Australia.... My dad had an old Suby that he let me drive.... The weekends my buddies turned the dirt woads around the small town that I lived in (Willunga) into our own Rally corses!!!!! What a Blast..... I never wrecked yet, maybe I should contact Subaru and try to get in on thier Rally Program!!!:D
Wow, green... dont break your "!" key. :D :D

Mike

Seraph 02-24-2003 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by TE1221
There are companies that will turn your car into a light armored vehicle for 20 grand. They put these cloth sheets called Impack that will make your car bulletproof. They also change out your windshield and windows as well as put in run flats. There was a special on the travel channel :)

SVX has too many curved windows. That replacement can never happen because of that. Also, they put in a second alternator as well as a second battery. I can think of a room in the trunk for the second battery but do we even have room for a second alternator?

L

Mr. Pockets 02-24-2003 09:55 AM

Re: Bulletproof SVX?

Quote:

Originally posted by Breck SVX
I was filling up my car the other morning and i went in to pre-pay. The cashier asked me if my windows were bulletproof. Apperantly her boyfriend had told her that SVXs have the windows like they do because they're bulletproof. "Hell yeah," I told her. Just thought that was interesting, never heard that before.

-Alex

I think a more likely explanation is that her boyfriend didn't know the answer, so he made one up.

Bulletproof...I have to say that's the first time I've heard that one. But I bet it's not the last time we'll be asked about it. Look at the '30 extra hp' BS. :D

Seraph 02-24-2003 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SVXdriver_007
Of course it adds some weight so you'll have to take that into consideration when it comes to out-manuevering the bad guy. Oh and of course since it is heavier it is also slower meaning it may be bulletproof but won't save you when they catch up in their H2 and run your A$$ of the road.
I'll run H2 off the road. But Hummers, I'd ran away from them. Having sat in one when driving in the middle of the desert, all I can say is that Humvees rule! I assume civilian Hummers are nearly as good. But H2??? push them in the water and they'll sink.

L

SVXdriver_007 02-24-2003 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraph

I'll run H2 off the road. But Hummers, I'd ran away from them. Having sat in one when driving in the middle of the desert, all I can say is that Humvees rule! I assume civilian Hummers are nearly as good. But H2??? push them in the water and they'll sink.

L

Well maybe not the H2 but this one here has got your number, weather your bullet proof or not.
http://web2.airmail.net/bcunning/losat2.mpg

svxtremist2001 02-24-2003 06:22 PM

Bulletproof! ha that is a good one they come up with these new ones every day no doubt! Big gun kick the hell out of you, know what I mean? :D

Seraph 02-24-2003 07:11 PM

Quote:

Well maybe not the H2 but this one here has got your number, weather your bullet proof or not.

Thats the regular Humvee. I love the hummer/humvee. That I'd own. I'd have to shoot myself before buying an H2 though.

L

SVXdriver_007 02-24-2003 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraph

Thats the regular Humvee. I love the hummer/humvee. That I'd own. I'd have to shoot myself before buying an H2 though.

L

Call me immature but watching the tank blow up makes me happy:D :D :D :D

CigarJohnny 02-25-2003 06:52 AM

Quote:

Quite satisfying to watch. :) I LOVE that "whump" sound as the missile slams into that tank! :D

CigarJohnny 02-25-2003 06:57 AM

Quote:

The H2 is nothing but a rebodied GMC pickup. Hummer is marketing it well but the fact that it is a worthless turd off road will go unnoticed by most of it's owners as it will never see anything worst than the occasional snow storm. They need to come up with a more refined vehicle with the same suspension that made the original Hummer so great and special.