The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Upcoming Meets (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Idea For Awesome Meet!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3464)

Shadow248 04-02-2002 10:26 PM

Idea For Awesome Meet!!

Im bringing this up to see what interest there may be in this sort of thing.

I will once again be working at the great Dorney Park & WildWater Kingdom for the summer. Every year, they have several special interest clubs attend the park...receiving group discounts and special ride times and such. My question is...if i could set one up...would anyone be interested in a meet there? It would have to be sometime in june-july-august. I could arrange for special parking for our cars, special admission rates and our own grove and caterers if we wanted.

For those of you who are not from the area...and have no clue what dorney park is...it is a 296 acre amusement park located in Allentown, PA. The park has 9 rollercoasters and a grand total of 68 rides and amusements. It really is a nice clean park. Also part of the establishment is WildWater kingdom, the sixth largest waterpark in the country. Admission includes both parks. If you want anymore info about the park, go to www.dorneypark.com or email me at Shadow248@juno.com.

I think this will probably generate alot of interest and i will mention it in the general SVX babble section too. Let me know what you think.

LarryIII 04-03-2002 06:18 AM

Shadow,

That's a good idea for next summer. Unfortunately, it will interfere with the 10th Anniv. SVX Meet this July. We now have 144 already signed-up for the meet. If you areinterested, please send me an e-mail.

Dorney park sounds great. I was playing with the idea of Hershey Park for next year's Reading Meet, but Dorney Park sounds better.

Larry)Love to ride ROOOOOOOLER COASTERS( iii

Never2phat 04-03-2002 07:59 AM

Dorney Park is a nice park but because of the distance I usually end up at Hershey Park. It's only a 1/2 hour away. Fun, fun, fun :)

:D B.C. :D

Green1995SVX 04-03-2002 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Never2phat
Dorney Park is a nice park but because of the distance I usually end up at Hershey Park. It's only a 1/2 hour away. Fun, fun, fun :)

:D B.C. :D

Nothing compares to the atmosphere of Hershey Park. Maybe its just cause i have so many great memories from there.

-Mike

Never2phat 04-03-2002 09:23 AM

Mike,

I have had a season pass every year for more than 17 years. Fun, fun, fun. What's your favorite ride? I personally get a kick out of the "Pirate ship" and the "Cyclone". Oh, and for the sake of tackiness......Gotta tour Chocalate World.

:D B.C :D

Green1995SVX 04-03-2002 11:47 AM

I would have to say that my favorite is the pirate ship. Second in line is probably the super duper looper.

<singing chocolate world song>

-Mike

Shadow248 04-03-2002 12:18 PM

Apparently this has turned into a discussion about amusement parks. HERSHEY?! Are you kidding? I suppose it has a certain classic feel to it, but the only thing i find entertaining there is the big chocolate store. The only time i ever go is in the winter for their christmas celebration. The two times that i went to the park in the summer were plenty for me.

Seriously though, Dorney is much better equipped to handle group outings and the park will keep you entertained for an entire day or even two.

Also as for timing...it is possible to do the meet in may or september, but it would probably be more expensive because that's when all the corporate outings are and we would be competing with those companies for park time. If we want to beat the crowds (being such a large park it does tend to get pretty packed), and assuming the meet would probably be a saturday, ideally we would want either one of the first two saturdays of june or the last two saturdays of august.

Dorney has a pirate ship. It's big.

wawazat?? 04-03-2002 02:41 PM

Mike,

You've got great memories of Hershey :eek: ........oh, never mind read the thread, my bad:p

wawazat?? 04-03-2002 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Shadow248
Dorney has a pirate ship. It's big.
Well that settles it for me, pirates are WAY cooler than chocolate! :D

Green1995SVX 04-03-2002 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by wawazat??

Well that settles it for me, pirates are WAY cooler than chocolate! :D

No way... Pirates are NOT tastey.

-Mike

Green1995SVX 04-03-2002 03:24 PM

Re: Mike,

Quote:

Originally posted by wawazat??
You've got great memories of Hershey :eek: ........oh, never mind read the thread, my bad:p
<shakes head>

wawazat?? 04-03-2002 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX

No way... Pirates are NOT tastey.

-Mike

Whoa, not gonna touch that one big guy!;)

LarryIII 04-03-2002 05:58 PM

Dorney has the Super Duper Looper, but Hershey has chocolate kiss lampposts.

Thank God no one proposed a meet at "Less Than Great Adventure."

Larry III

Green1995SVX 04-03-2002 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryIII
Dorney has the Super Duper Looper, but Hershey has chocolate kiss lampposts.

Thank God no one proposed a meet at "Less Than Great Adventure."

Larry III

Hershey has the Looper. (wanna try to pervert this one too, Todd?)

-Mike

wawazat?? 04-03-2002 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX

Hershey has the Looper. (wanna try to pervert this one too, Todd?)

-Mike

Nah, the Hershey Looper sounds bad enough as it is Mike! :)