The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Body Modifications (http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Laguna Blue over Tan interior (http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23577)

Motorsport-SVX 01-02-2005 08:37 PM

Laguna Blue over Tan interior
 
yeah, I know Subie never did it, but Im thinking
about taking a black & tan car and turning it into
a Laguna Blue and keep the tan interior.

svxcess 01-02-2005 08:43 PM

I always thought that would have been a great combination. I am just not sure how the bronze windows would look with the blue. Maybe that's one of the reasons Subaru hesitated on offering it.

Chiketkd 01-02-2005 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by svxcess
I am just not sure how the bronze windows would look with the blue.
That would be my hestitation as well. However, if the windows are tinted black or silver, the car would look great!

-Chike

n00b on demand 01-02-2005 09:06 PM

Bronze windows? :confused:

Chiketkd 01-02-2005 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by soobiesvx93
Bronze windows? :confused:
The bronze window tint is subtle and best seen when two SVXs with different tints are next to each other.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...etkd/18304.jpg

This was a pic I took at a mini SVX meet at newsvx's place last summer. His red '97 LSi is infront of my red '96L, while svxcess's polo green '96 LSi is directly behind mine (Ron Mummert's ebony '92 LS-L is the other car).

As you can see in the pic, both SVXs of newsvx and svxcess which have a tan leather interior, have a bronze tint to their glass. The glass on both Ron Mummert's and my car is more silver in tint.

-Chike

Motorsport-SVX 01-02-2005 09:54 PM

Ill just tint them
 
with aftermarket tint if it was any issue
I doubt it would even be noticeable to be honest

Alycone 01-03-2005 01:11 AM

I always thought blue and tan went together. I think the windows would look fine either way - both options are pretty mild (but I guess in AZ youre gonna want some real tint on em). :)

SilverSpear 01-03-2005 06:54 AM

Two tints
 
I am gonna try two tints one on top of the other, the light black and the light brown... I tried it on a piece of glass, it looked awesome...;)

AFBeefcake 01-03-2005 10:35 AM

I can realy see the difference on my car the drives side rear windows is gold and all of the rest are blue.

BordeauxComet 01-03-2005 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Alycone
I always thought blue and tan went together. I think the windows would look fine either way - both options are pretty mild (but I guess in AZ youre gonna want some real tint on em). :)
I agree. I think blue and tan would go togeather just fine.
Dayle, since the car's already black, you should go black over blue, that would look sweet!

Motorsport-SVX 01-03-2005 10:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, if it doesnt go blue
Ill maybe go with a the JDM Charcoal used in
other countries....

UberRoo 01-04-2005 12:33 AM

On my Laguna Blue, I would prefer if the roof was black much like the early SVXs. I didn't like how the trunk and other rear trim was also black during those years, but I thought the black roof looked very nice. This seems like an opportunity to do that.

If I ever repaint mine, I'm going to the ends of the world to find a black paint for my roof that looks as much like the window glass as possible.

I'm not one for tan interiors any way you cut it, but tan on black is the lesser of all the evil combinations. For that reason, I'm torn. Blue is beautiful, but with a tan interior, I'd stick with black. A black interior on the other hand; that would be delicious with any color.

Jamsvx 01-04-2005 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Motorsport-SVX
Well, if it doesnt go blue
Ill maybe go with a the JDM Charcoal used in
other countries....

Now that car looks very very familiar!!

:D

wawazat?? 01-04-2005 10:47 AM

Laguna over tan...sorry not for me.

Todd

Motorsport-SVX 01-04-2005 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by UberRoo
On my Laguna Blue, I would prefer if the roof was black much like the early SVXs. I didn't like how the trunk and other rear trim was also black during those years, but I thought the black roof looked very nice. This seems like an opportunity to do that.

If I ever repaint mine, I'm going to the ends of the world to find a black paint for my roof that looks as much like the window glass as possible.

I'm not one for tan interiors any way you cut it, but tan on black is the lesser of all the evil combinations. For that reason, I'm torn. Blue is beautiful, but with a tan interior, I'd stick with black. A black interior on the other hand; that would be delicious with any color.

A car we worked on here in town has that combo
Laguna blue, black roof and trunk with a black JDM wing
Its Aclyonegirlys car. Looks pretty tight too. Tinted windows
too.
Ill get some pics of it today if she stops by.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2001-2015 SVX World Network
(208)-906-1122