The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   SVX Parts Wanted (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Lighter colored dash woodgrain needed (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30902)

It's Just Eric 01-16-2006 08:29 AM

Lighter colored dash woodgrain needed

Hey there, Im looking for a *partial* woodgrain set for a '94. I have most of what I need already, but Im missing all the dash and center console area woodgrain.
If anyones parting an interior, this is decent because you can sell the doorpanels seperatly with their woodgrain inlays intact :)

Light Colored Woodgrain Parts I need :
The big peice that borders the gauge cluster
Ash tray
shifter trim
cigerette lighter (Have one bit its cracked)

PM me or post here if you have the peices I need, or if you have an entire woodgrain set available (in the lighter color avaible after 1992), we will work out shipping / payments.
-Eric

msvx95 01-16-2006 09:48 AM

I have an extra ash tray piece you may be interested in. I will take a picture of it when I get home later.
When you talk of "lighter" color, are you refering to the standard brown or something else....because I have this one mismatched piece on my vent that has a "purple" tint to it, the rest of my stuff is brown......minus the cigarette lighter piece that I'm searching for too.

It's Just Eric 01-16-2006 10:09 AM

The lighter color im referring to was standard for...I forget if it was 93 or 94 and beyond.or mabey it was just for the tan interiors..Im not exactly sure, but the woodgrain from 92 svx's that I've seen is alot darker in color.

I also noticed the purple vent peice.Seems standard. I think that the underlying plastic is purple instead of brown for some reason or another, probly to prevent fading or something...but I know what your talking about.

Mike621 01-16-2006 12:37 PM

Eric, youre looking for the woodgrain for tan interiors, as its the lighter woodgrain than what came in the grey interior cars.

(Hes switching his interior up to a tan interior)

Green1995SVX 01-16-2006 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike621
Eric, youre looking for the woodgrain for tan interiors, as its the lighter woodgrain than what came in the grey interior cars.

(Hes switching his interior up to a tan interior)

It came in all LS and LSi model interiors in 1993 and above. Interior color has nothing to do with it. :)

Green1995SVX 01-16-2006 02:40 PM

Darker "Black Walnut" style found in 92 :

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...5SVX/25981.JPG

Lighter "Burl Walnut" style found in 93+ :

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...5SVX/25982.JPG

ensteele 01-16-2006 06:40 PM

Good pictures of the different colors Mike. :)

Mike621 01-16-2006 06:43 PM

hmm. imo the lighter wood looks odd with a gray interior.

It's Just Eric 01-16-2006 08:05 PM

Okay, cool, thanks for clarifying for everyone. Anyhow, post or PM if you happen to have the peices I need

msvx95 01-17-2006 03:53 AM

Nice piccy's....I have the darker Black walnut ashtray piece to clarify :)

It's Just Eric 01-17-2006 08:16 AM

Lol. Okay, bad news. looks like I cant get any of the trim peices......I just got laid off. Money was tight enough to begin with, but I had budgeted some towards this......sorry for any inconveinences I guess.
Oh, and you were looking for the black walnut cigarette lghter peice? you should probly contact Mike621, I know he has one spare in a parts car, he is pretty easy to buy / sell with too.

anyhow....thanks anyway

msvx95 01-20-2006 09:27 AM

sorry to hear....hey work sucks anyway...you don't want to make that a habit.....hey is it 4:20 yet???........J/k...I don't inhale.... :D

I'll check with Mike when I gather some extra money myself.

It's Just Eric 03-19-2006 12:43 PM

REVIVED! Need theese parts again

now that I have the rest of the itnerior in my car, I need theese peices. Still looking for what the first post says... the shifter trim, CD door/cage, gauge cluster trim, and ash tray. I can pay with PayPal or trade you grey interior items you need (if I have them still) PM me if you have the peices or post here.
-Eric

It's Just Eric 03-20-2006 03:32 PM

....So yeah. seems nobody on earth is selling the lighter colored woodgrain. Im guessing that every single svx from 1994-1997 is still running, driving, and completely intact. theres no other explanation

Anyone know where else I can look to buy theese parts? (Not subaruparts.com)

Sean486 03-20-2006 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by It's Just Eric
Lol. Okay, bad news. looks like I cant get any of the trim peices......I just got laid off. Money was tight enough to begin with, but I had budgeted some towards this......sorry for any inconveinences I guess.
Oh, and you were looking for the black walnut cigarette lghter peice? you should probly contact Mike621, I know he has one spare in a parts car, he is pretty easy to buy / sell with too.

anyhow....thanks anyway

I have a dark walnut cig lighter piece that I don't need. I am not sure who wanted it, but it's yours for the cost of shipping. When I purchased it I hadn't realized there were 2 different color woods. PM me.