The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   unbelievable story..... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9640)

Phast SVX 03-29-2003 12:44 PM

unbelievable story.....

So im driving along on this SVX last night, taking a nice stroll since i worked all day and no one else is on spring break. Im headed back on university from the capital area, and i see some car barreling up around traffic behind me. "oh great, a ricer" But no, im wrong. Its an SVX! Im super pumped and after giving the thumbs up roll my window down and ask him to pull over to chat. So i get out of my car, at this point getting cocky thinking, "just wait till he sees the 5spd!!" and tell him to look where the shifter goes. He tells me to do the same. HE HAD A FIVE SPEED TOO!!!!!! It was unbelievable. I think we just had the first 5psd meet too. So there are now 2 five speed SVX's rolling around the MAdison area. ITs a black 94 with an 00 tranny and 3.96's. He also had an ACT clutch. He had a vibration issue, and we both took each other for a stroll but i couldnt pinpoint his. He had the same vibration at 40 miles an hour just cruising that Autotchr has. I am almost not convinced its due to the trans mount flopping all over the place. He's gonna try the STi mount and see what that does so ill keep you guys posted. Wow, what are the odds?

P.S. Lwin and Doug drove up to pick up my old diff, so i think i got my fair share of SVX's for the weekend. Time to put her away for a while i think :)

phil

subafan 03-29-2003 02:22 PM

soon.... i'll be able to join that 5spd svx club... soon...

Seraph 03-29-2003 03:43 PM

After I dropped off Doug, as I pull back on the highway, 3 cars ahead was me had a pair of quad tail lights you can not miss. It was a 92 Greenie. I tried to pull behind him but lost it since I had a moronic truck driver infront of me.

:(

L

fait_svx 03-29-2003 04:37 PM

I surprised! I have not seen a svx in 2 months!

LarryIII 03-29-2003 05:42 PM

I see 3 every day. I wish I could visit Earl's driveway.

JeffN 03-29-2003 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryIII
I see 3 every day. I wish I could visit Earl's driveway.
I see 4-10 weekly here on Long Isl.

Seraph 03-29-2003 08:06 PM

If I put some effort and do a little driving, I can see up to 8 a week. I will have to visit chicago (3), Arlington Heights area (3 including mine) , 2 infront of Doug's house

phoenix96 03-30-2003 04:40 AM

I've seen 2, ever. Neither of them being driven at the time.

SVXphile 03-30-2003 02:31 PM

Wow!

Two 5-speeds together by chance....

....Phill, do you play the lottery? :D Don

Phast SVX 03-30-2003 03:09 PM

Re: Wow!

Quote:

Originally posted by SVXphile
Two 5-speeds together by chance....

....Phill, do you play the lottery? :D Don

Don,
Maybe ill pick up a ticket on the way back to whitewater... :) :)
phil