The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   svx vs RX8 (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19514)

poweredx2 06-24-2004 01:25 PM

svx vs RX8

Last thrusday I laid the smack down on a new 238hp 6 speed rx8.Here is the funny part he only could run 15-15.2 at 90 that night.I wanted to sprayed but after seeing that I ran motor.Here it is 60ft svx 2.21 rx8 2.36 1/8 svx 9.69 at 74 rx8 9.89 at 68 1/4 svx14.82 at 95 rx8 15.1 at 89.I think I have more enemies now than ever I mean people was pissed but they kept there tongue in check,I'm 6'6 240 with a 495lb bench I don't look for trouble and it better not look for me.I'm buying a pet monkey to drive my car to save weight it may run 13s on motor then and 12s on the spray.Here in NC the svx is a very feared car.

SVX10 06-24-2004 01:47 PM

crazy

I was on my way back to NM yesterday from AZ. It was about 105* outside and I had everything I own in the back (and front passenger) seats. I pull up to a red light next to a late 90's Cadillac Seville (I think) with 4 elderly folk inside. My lane ended, so when the light turned green I gave it some gas.

Homeboy in the 'Lac wasn't havin' it, so I floored it. So did he. At this point I just busted up laughing...here I am racing some 80 year old dude jus tryin' to get in front of him before my lane ends! Anyway, I got my door to his front bumper and couldn't pull on him anymore. I HAD TO BRAKE AND GET IN BEHIND HIM!! Good show old man!

For the next 20 minutes I tried to figure out who had the advantage...me with my H6, AC on, and all my belongings in the back, or him with his 3 war buddies (10th Mountain division sticker...mad props on that) and a Northstar V8. Probably the only 'race' that I smiled so big for. hahaha.

Chiketkd 06-24-2004 02:16 PM

Re: svx vs RX8

Great times Walter! 14.82 @ 95mph is a very solid time. With your traps, you should be running ~14.5 in the 1/4. Maybe if you put stiffer springs in the back, it can keep the front end planted and reduce your wheel spin off the line... :)

Love the pet monkey idea! :p You'll also be able to pick up chics with him if you taught him some tricks! :D

-Chike

P.S. Fastest time I've seen for a stock RX-8 is 14.5 by a dude named Judge Ito who's like a demi-god in the rotary world. When he's not behind the wheel, most good drivers get 14.7-14.9 depending on air temp - the average time I've seen is about a 15.2-15.4 for the 6MT and 16.0-16.3 for the auto's.
Quote:

Originally posted by poweredx2
Last thrusday I laid the smack down on a new 238hp 6 speed rx8.Here is the funny part he only could run 15-15.2 at 90 that night.I wanted to sprayed but after seeing that I ran motor.Here it is 60ft svx 2.21 rx8 2.36 1/8 svx 9.69 at 74 rx8 9.89 at 68 1/4 svx14.82 at 95 rx8 15.1 at 89.I think I have more enemies now than ever I mean people was pissed but they kept there tongue in check,I'm 6'6 240 with a 495lb bench I don't look for trouble and it better not look for me.I'm buying a pet monkey to drive my car to save weight it may run 13s on motor then and 12s on the spray.Here in NC the svx is a very feared car.

Chiketkd 06-24-2004 02:22 PM

I never knew you were packing like that man! ;) Yeah I wouldn't say jack to a guy like you at the track! :eek: I'd hold my tongue and probably turn running... :D

I'm 6'2 but a svelte 170lbs. Used to weigh over 190lbs in college when I did the sprints (100/200m). Most I benched back then was 365, but my squat was over 500.

-Chike
Quote:

I'm 6'6 240 with a 495lb bench

mbtoloczko 06-24-2004 03:09 PM

Re: crazy

Quote:

Originally posted by SVX10
... I pull up to a red light next to a late 90's Cadillac Seville (I think) with 4 elderly folk inside. My lane ended, so when the light turned green I gave it some gas.

Homeboy in the 'Lac wasn't havin' it, so I floored it. So did he. At this point I just busted up laughing...here I am racing some 80 year old dude jus tryin' to get in front of him before my lane ends! Anyway, I got my door to his front bumper and couldn't pull on him anymore. I HAD TO BRAKE AND GET IN BEHIND HIM!! Good show old man!

Yeah, those Northstar V8 motors got some pep. Almost same thing happened to me about six months ago. Wanted to switch lanes, decided to try to speed up a bit to grab a slot in front of a Caddy next to me, but he wasn't going to let me have it. As much as I gassed it, he equaled it.

immortal_suby 06-24-2004 06:35 PM

Re: Re: svx vs RX8

Quote:

Originally posted by Chiketkd
I never knew you were packing like that man! ;)
-Chike

I met him when I was in NC for a job interview last year - he is huge. His car sounds awesome.

Chiketkd 06-24-2004 07:15 PM

Re: Re: Re: svx vs RX8

Wow! :eek: Maybe I should hook up with him sometime. I can't even begin to imagine how cool his car sounds with the mods he has done to it...

-Chike
Quote:

Originally posted by immortal_suby
I met him when I was in NC for a job interview last year - he is huge. His car sounds awesome.

poweredx2 06-24-2004 07:20 PM

slow 8

I like the RX8 but its doomed to follow the tracks of the early svxes no helpful mods for a long time unless you are rich.I put on about 25 pounds since I saw that black svx owner from SC.

Chiketkd 06-24-2004 07:29 PM

Re: slow 8

From what I've read, the ECU in the RX-8 is not very 'accomodating' to aftermarket mods. Plus several owners are still upset that Mazda lowered the output from 247 to 238hp for the 6MT cars...

Anytime a totally new car is introduced into a market, it takes a while for the aftermarket to catch up. One thing in the RX-8's favor is that they're selling in numbers greater than the SVX did.

Beautiful cars - I was sitting behind a blue one the other day...

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...etkd/17634.jpg

-Chike
Quote:

I like the RX8 but its doomed to follow the tracks of the early svxes no helpful mods for a long time unless you are rich.I put on about 25 pounds since I saw that black svx owner from SC.

poweredx2 06-24-2004 07:35 PM

FLATT 6 THUNDER

I have a buddy with a stock 04 mach1 and we were talking with both cars running and another buddy walked up and said walt thats your car he thought the rumble was the mustang,my exhaust is empty cats and a short flowmaster between my rear axle and two large pipes coming to rear leading to some large reactive stock looking tips.

AppStateSVX 06-24-2004 09:49 PM

DANG MAN, WAY to Go. I would love to see your SVX sometime, way to represent NC! We're trying to plan a Southeast Meeting, but that's on another thread:D

Anyway, Good job, very nice kill:D :D :D :D

UberRoo 06-25-2004 10:20 PM

Have you seen the motors in those things? Shoot, I could fit four of 'em under the hood of an SVX, plus two more in the trunk! Imagine that, 1428 naturally aspirated, Wankle horsepower. ...and since the RX8 is so horrendously ugly, I wouldn't feel bad about yoinking the only good thing it has going for it: it's motor. (Just my personal opinion; don't hate me for it.)

GreenMarine 06-26-2004 12:53 AM

Quote:

Well, we know you can go fast in a straight line... How bout going to one of the Subaru Challenges or a local autocross and see how well a FWD SVX can go around a closed circut... Is it just me or does going fast in a straight line just get really boring really really fast???

UberRoo 06-26-2004 11:40 AM

Re: Re: svx vs RX8

Quote:

Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
Well, we know you can go fast in a straight line... How bout going to one of the Subaru Challenges or a local autocross and see how well a FWD SVX can go around a closed circut... Is it just me or does going fast in a straight line just get really boring really really fast???

No, it's not just you, (it's me too,) but it's not everyone either. Congratulations to poweredx2 for killing the Mazda, straight line or otherwise.

Looks like it's up to you GreenMarine, to make an RX8 die on the circuit. (Which I'm all for!) Beware, I would wager those things can more than hold their own on a tight course.