The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   First Annual New Windsor Meet (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9360)

rufus 03-17-2003 07:02 AM

First Annual New Windsor Meet

Ron (ronmummert), John (SVXCESS) and Olu (SVXit) came over for a little pizza and beer mini-meet at my place Saturday afternoon. If you add in my car and my parts car, there were five SVXes in attendance. I think this may take us out of the realm of mini-meet, and into full fledged meet-dom. Not sure on the attendance requirements :D

I changed my spark plugs, we did a couple PS o-ring replacements, re-aligned John's stereo door, and picked a few odds and ends off the parts car. And Ron paid the next door neighbor's kid to polish his headlights :D

It was a lot of fun, and I hope you guys can come over again some time. Maybe get a couple more of the local guys together and take a drive up to Thurmont and Catoctin. I've got to get a bigger driveway, though. :D

Green1995SVX 03-17-2003 07:19 AM

Re: First Annual New Windsor Meet

Quote:

Originally posted by rufus
Ron paid the next door neighbor's kid to polish his headlights :D

Umm... isnt that illegal? :confused: :D :D ;)

Mike

rufus 03-17-2003 08:13 AM

Re: Re: First Annual New Windsor Meet

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX

Umm... isnt that illegal? :confused: :D :D ;)

Mike

Nasty.

I was not speaking euphemistically. :p

svxcess 03-17-2003 09:57 AM

It was indeed a good time. When we got there, Rufus was in the middle of changing his plugs. Took no time at all. (Note: The car does not run well at all id you have the MAF disconnected.)

He also showed us his method of changing the power steering o-ring without removing the return hose OR draining the reservoir.

There was also an interesting redesign of the black cover plate on the inside of the audio door. It was redesigned with an added plastic tail for some odd reason. The side profile is more rounded and less angular than on the 92.

We also pulled the headlights to install the PIAA platinums all across the front. This is a much easier way to install bulbs, especially the fog lights.

rufus 03-17-2003 10:28 AM

Note that the shortcut o-ring fix works far better when at least "some" of the fluid was drained out ahead of time. :D

Better, or at least less messy ;)

Ron Mummert 03-17-2003 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by rufus
Note that the shortcut o-ring fix works far better when at least "some" of the fluid was drained out ahead of time. :D

Better, or at least less messy ;)

Is THAT what John was doing? I thought he was trying to master my technique for draining a box 'o Chiante. ....sure looked like it, except I'd NEVER let any spill on the ground.

Ron (admiring my waterford crystal headlights).

LarryIII 03-18-2003 04:38 AM

You guys obviously had a much better Saturday then I did. We went to an all day seminar for Alzheimer's Disease Caregivers, though I can't seem to remember why we went.
I do remember that they served lunch. It was a Ceaser salad (rabbit food), some fresh fruit and bottled water.....YUCK!!!