The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Awesome McDonalds story (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16887)

petesvx2 03-02-2004 01:51 PM

Awesome McDonalds story

Flashback to before the SVX. When I had to drive the yellow beetle all the time. Myself and my girlfriend go to McDonalds for a little late night snack, and the man at the window basically laughed at me and said, "Nice car man". GRR :mad:

Flashforward to today, with the SVX. Same McDonalds, no girlfriend. I'm getting my drink and the guy at the window says, "Hey watch it, don't spill this on this nice ride." I was just like :D. Then after he gives me my food, he's got his body half out the window trying to figure out what it is, so he asks, "What is this thing anyway?"

"Subaru SVX"

*baffled look*

"Alright, take care."

"Have a good one!"

:D:D:D

This so made my day.

CDG 03-02-2004 02:09 PM

feel good eh?:cool:

GreenMarine 03-02-2004 02:17 PM

Hehehe, I love looks like that... I always get them in this car!!! But then again I think we all do :D:D

shelfy 03-02-2004 02:18 PM

was it the same mcdonald's employee?

petesvx2 03-02-2004 02:21 PM

It wasn't the same employee, the beetle incident was almost 2 years ago though so I might be wrong. The first guy killed my ego lol. This made my day today, plus it was 60 out so I could drive with my sunroof open and windows down. :cool: :D

Royal Tiger 03-02-2004 02:34 PM

So why were you driving a yellow bug???? :)

petesvx2 03-02-2004 02:47 PM

Because I didn't have the SVX yet, and it was my mom's. Gotta do what ya gotta do :D. Now when my SVX breaks, I drive an orange beetle:rolleyes: . You win some and you lose some I guess.

nordique14 03-02-2004 03:11 PM

I can't belive someone at McD's gave you attitude about your yellow bug. He works for a company where the spokesman is a clown!

I just had a Carl's Jr drive through guy drool over my SVX last weekend. Maybe there's hope for the youth of today. :)

JLittell 03-02-2004 04:05 PM

It's too bad he didn't spill that hot coffee on you!! Who know's, you might be driving an ENZO after the lawsuit! :D

Michael Blue 03-02-2004 05:30 PM

Awesome!

I have had a few "unusual" cars in the past, and drive exotics occasionally for a dealer I work with, but I gotta say, the SVX gets at least as many looks as any of them!

Chiketkd 06-10-2004 03:06 PM

Funny how the little things in life...

...can end up making your day! :D

-Chike

P.S. Just had to dig up an ol' cool thread! ;)

wawazat?? 06-10-2004 03:16 PM

Re: Funny how the little things in life...

Quote:

Originally posted by Chiketkd

-Chike

P.S. Just had to dig up an ol' cool thread! ;)

hmmm...seems like a little attempt at becoming a post ho:eek: :p :p :p

Todd

Chiketkd 06-10-2004 03:24 PM

Re: Re: Funny how the little things in life...

I just love reading stroies of slack-jawed people who see an SVX for the first time! It's all about the love...

-Chike
Quote:

Originally posted by wawazat??
hmmm...seems like a little attempt at becoming a post ho:eek: :p :p :p

Todd

Landshark 06-10-2004 03:55 PM

i was at a McDonald's drive-thru in the SVX a few weeks ago (i never usually eat that crap, but i was hungry and in a hurry!), and a kid comes out to empty the trash. looks at the SVX and asks what it is. "Subaru.....SVX"

he grins, gives me the thumbs up and said, "i'm diggin' it!"

i really would have lost it if he said "i'm lovin' it!" :D :D :D

MNYPNNY 06-10-2004 08:44 PM

I went through a McDonald's drive-thru here a year or so ago and a manager sees my car and says, "Hey! I have one of those!" He has a pearlie and talks to me whenever he sees me, but has never been interested in going the Network.