The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Interior Mods (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   JDM v6 STi seats.... Giggidy (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=53566)

crash_2365 03-24-2010 07:13 PM

JDM v6 STi seats.... Giggidy

5 Attachment(s)
So I modified a pair of the red, black, and suede STi seats to go in the red SVX and I have to say, they're amazing. They were actually easy to modify, I had to cut both of the rear mounts off, then I slid the inside one foreward till it lined up, and the outside ones I just swapped between the two seats and moved foreward. The unexpected upside is that I gained a bunch of leg room which is great for me at 6'8". :rolleyes:

Moral of the story is modifying Impreza seats to fit is actually pretty easy.

The last pic is where the original inside mount is located just for refrence.

icingdeath88 03-24-2010 10:36 PM

Re: JDM v6 STi seats.... Giggidy

Still able to slide back and forth right? But you lose the power seat... How much less do they weigh? They look nice, but it would be really sweet if you did the interior to match them (or vice-versa).

Cam 03-24-2010 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crash_2365 (Post 639538)
The unexpected upside is that I gained a bunch of leg room which is great for me at 6'8". :rolleyes:

I bet it is not too easy car shopping for a car that you feel truly comfortable in :lol: Nice job on the seats, they look like they belong there.

crash_2365 03-25-2010 03:29 PM

Yup, still slide back and forth like they did before. The car's just an L model, so it never had the power seats but it did have the 2 adjustments knobs. They're JDM seats so now the passenger has all the adjustments, but it fits well enough that I don't really care. I'm planning on re-doing the interior with a lot more red/black so the seats and interior will match the paint and rims I've got planned :cool:

And yeah, finding a car (namely a coupe) that I really fit in is impossible, that's why I've got a QC Dakota :D

svxfreq 03-30-2010 10:24 AM

wow, that looks awesome, I'd have to re-cover the seats to go with my black/tan, but I could really use the extra leg room too @ 6'6", where'd you get those seats from, and how much do they weigh? I've got the electric front drivers, so I'd have even more weight savings.

crash_2365 03-30-2010 12:42 PM

I traded them for a subwoofer and a pair of newer rs seats, but I've see them for like $600 on ebay. The older GC style seats fit a lot better though because they sit much lower than the GD+ seats. As for weight savings, it was huge, maybe a 1/3 the weight of the electric seats? Also the JDM ones are a lot more supportive and comfortable than the USDM "fatboy" seats.