The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Upcoming Meets (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Caravan from Bay Area to Sacramento to Reno Meet (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18630)

zamorush 05-12-2004 11:35 PM

Caravan from Bay Area to Sacramento to Reno Meet

Here me suba SVX owners in Bay Area and close Bay Area regions, let us make a Caravan from Bay Area to Sacramento! Beautiful hours of driving on one of the most "hottest" and most boring freeways, 680 + (whatever goes to Sac)

If we go together it won't be as boring to drive to Sac, and plus we can pick up SVXes as we go. So if you are interested, live a note in this thread. So far, i am the only one in, so join in.....

Routes to take:

Alternative 1: 680 - over the bridge $2 - 80 and we are in Sacramento
Alternative 2: 680 - 580 - 5 - should be there faster, but not totally sure about that.

So, what do you think? Sign up..

1) zamorush - Nik

nordique14 05-13-2004 10:24 AM

1) zamorush - Nik
2) nordique14 - matt

Sounds good, Nik. When we leave will depend on when we need to meet in Sacramento. Which will depend on when we need to be in Reno. I figure sometime around early afternoon.

Matt

zamorush 05-13-2004 10:59 PM

So when are we going to the meet? I mean is that friday or saturday? and what date?

nordique14 05-14-2004 10:10 AM

Friday June 18th. Probably somewhere between 12-1pm. Meet at the Great Mall?

Matt

zamorush 05-14-2004 11:58 AM

Sounds like a plan! I am in.

blk97lsi 05-15-2004 12:26 AM

1) zamorush - Nik
2) nordique14 - matt
3) blk97lsi - Wes

I'm in. I'm moving back down to the Bay Area, and I'll actually be in San Jose by the 18th. So, I'll meet up with you guys at the great mall. :p

deruvian 05-18-2004 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by nordique14
Friday June 18th. Probably somewhere between 12-1pm. Meet at the Great Mall?

Matt

If you guys can meet at the mall at noon, you can hook up with the meeting in Auburn along I80 at 2:30 - 3:00. Try and make it happen. It'd be sweet to have 6 or 7 of us in a line, eh?

You can read the Sacto area caravan thread here.

nordique14 05-18-2004 05:01 PM

Sounds like a plan to me. Let's meet at a few minutes before noon and head out soon afterwards. It should take about 2 to 2.5 hours to get to Auburn. We should be there by 2:30 if all goes well.

One month to Reno!

Matt

deruvian 05-18-2004 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by nordique14
Sounds like a plan to me. Let's meet at a few minutes before noon and head out soon afterwards. It should take about 2 to 2.5 hours to get to Auburn. We should be there by 2:30 if all goes well.

One month to Reno!

Matt

Sounds like a plan. Can't wait!

zamorush 05-18-2004 10:11 PM

I have a little change in plans.

I recently discovered that i have job training going on the whole week and it is ending on friday the 18th. I will be able to get out of it earlier, may be 12 - 1 so i can make it to the meet, however i won't be able to go all the way to reno with you guys. I will go to Auburn and meet everyone on I-80, however after, I am going to have to head off to Davis and meet my friend there, again work related. Therefore that night I am going to be busy, however I will drive early morning on saturday, and will try to make it before everyone is awake and ready to go.

Otherwise the plans sounds great, and I will be in it all the way to Auburn. Reno will be later.

nik

deruvian 05-18-2004 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by zamorush
I have a little change in plans.

I recently discovered that i have job training going on the whole week and it is ending on friday the 18th. I will be able to get out of it earlier, may be 12 - 1 so i can make it to the meet, however i won't be able to go all the way to reno with you guys. I will go to Auburn and meet everyone on I-80, however after, I am going to have to head off to Davis and meet my friend there, again work related. Therefore that night I am going to be busy, however I will drive early morning on saturday, and will try to make it before everyone is awake and ready to go.

Otherwise the plans sounds great, and I will be in it all the way to Auburn. Reno will be later.

nik

I'm not sure if you already know this, but Auburn comes after Davis. You'll be driving on 80, pass through Davis, pass through Auburn, and then hit Reno. You may wanna skip the Auburn meet too, since you'd have to back-track about 30 - 45 minutes to get to Davis.

zamorush 05-18-2004 11:13 PM

Quote:

I'm not sure if you already know this, but Auburn comes after Davis. You'll be driving on 80, pass through Davis, pass through Auburn, and then hit Reno. You may wanna skip the Auburn meet too, since you'd have to back-track about 30 - 45 minutes to get to Davis
Uhhh........ i guess I made a little mistake ha..., did not know where Auburn is. I though it is somewhere next to Sacramento, though it is a little further then that. You are right, it is 46 minutes away or 47.59miles to be exact. Well, I will think about it.

If the gas prices will go down by that time, I will go all the way to Auburn, make a U-turn and go to Davis. 46miles is not that much, i drive to school 20 a day every day.

On the other hand, if gas will rise up or stay same, then i am going to have to go to davis before heading to Auburn. I will meet all of you guys on Sat anyway.

nik

Hangtownsvx 05-20-2004 04:52 PM

meet in Auburn

I will meet you in Auburn. Nice drive from Placerville.

blk97lsi 05-27-2004 11:51 PM

How many people will be coming up from the Bay Area? Just getting an idea of how many of us will be on the first stretch.

sorceror 06-06-2004 05:15 PM

Great Mall on June 16th

I am going to try to be there. If I'm lucky we will have 2 svx's for the trek to Sacto.

I think 680 to 5 is the better route :)