The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   I'm Free!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48301)

Tim 12-27-2008 12:20 AM

I'm Free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After 4.5 grueling years with summer classes every single year, I finally finished my degree at Rutgers. I'm happy to say I'll be leaving there owing very little in tuition as I paid as I went.

I first started out as Biomedical Engineering major but unfortunately had to change due to the inability to balance work and school. I had to make ends meet so quitting work wasn't an option, and I also had trouble obtaining loans in general.

After almost failing out from engineering I switched to criminal justice with a minor in econ. I mostly did it just to graduate at a relatively decent time, as I still will pursue something in finance or IT since I work with computers now.

I'm just relieved, so now I can relax for a week and then start the next stage of life. :cool:

1986nate 12-27-2008 12:40 AM

Re: I'm Free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!!! I have not gone back to school yet for fear of thinking I know what I want to do and then changing and screwing myself out of time and money.
Have pride in your accomplishment.

Mensaf 12-27-2008 07:09 AM

I am so jealous. 2 more semesters at NJIT. Hate...NJIT. :mad:

On the plus side, did you line up any jobs/interviews yet? I need to find me an internship or something this summer.

Noir 12-27-2008 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim (Post 579130)
After 4.5 grueling years with summer classes every single year, I finally finished my degree at Rutgers. I'm happy to say I'll be leaving there owing very little in tuition as I paid as I went.

I first started out as Biomedical Engineering major but unfortunately had to change due to the inability to balance work and school. I had to make ends meet so quitting work wasn't an option, and I also had trouble obtaining loans in general.

After almost failing out from engineering I switched to criminal justice with a minor in econ. I mostly did it just to graduate at a relatively decent time, as I still will pursue something in finance or IT since I work with computers now.

I'm just relieved, so now I can relax for a week and then start the next stage of life. :cool:

Congrats..now go and find a new master to be a slave to. :lol:

ensteele 12-27-2008 01:09 PM

Congratulations You will never regret it. Good luck in your future.

I don't remember who said it, but the quote is:

Find something you love doing and you will never have to work the rest of your life.

Noir 12-27-2008 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele (Post 579174)
Congratulations You will never regret it. Good luck in your future.

I don't remember who said it, but the quote is:

Find something you love doing and you will never have to work the rest of your life.

:D :D :D

+1 agreed. though i do miss the money i used to make..but oh well...f'it.

Tim 12-27-2008 03:16 PM

I'm currently just looking for something that pays decent with health benefits... but then again I guess so is everyone else :rolleyes:

Crazy_pilot 12-27-2008 03:32 PM

Good job! I'm also working my way through school and nearly killing myself in the process (30 hours school, 30 hours work, + homework per week), so I know the feeling.

shelfy 12-27-2008 07:28 PM

meh. you'd have been done quicker had you not spent so much time in chat. :D