The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Thanks for busting down my fence PIGS! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42825)

YourConfused 01-16-2008 09:06 PM

Thanks for busting down my fence PIGS!

I now have property damages that I am responsible for repairing as the local pigs suck ass! Looks like being next door to the suspect was just too close, but my neighbor had a TANK in his back yard that plowed down his whole fence.
watch the 2 min video for some fun.
http://www.myfoxaustin.com/myfox/pag...d=1.1.1&sflg=1

NikFu S. 01-16-2008 09:13 PM

Militarization. The tank is likely military surplus given to the SWAT for free, so they can militarize.
This is also the only way they can train. Real world mobilization.

YourConfused 01-16-2008 09:22 PM

I'm just glad that I wasn't home because I would have jumped out my back door and gotten shot and weapon confiscated.

RSVX 01-16-2008 09:22 PM

How did I know we would find you in this thread? :lol:

YourConfused 01-16-2008 10:26 PM

Should this now be moved to the political section?:confused::lol::D

odepaj 01-16-2008 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YourConfused (Post 521762)
Should this now be moved to the political section?:confused::lol::D

Maybe, we wouldn't want any tanks to come in here and knock down the "Not Exactly SVX" forums!!

Dustin

NikFu S. 01-17-2008 12:06 AM

I don't understand how you can laugh about cops going around destroying property.

lhopp77 01-17-2008 09:26 AM

Read

The way I read the article--all the suspect had to do was to come to the door and the SWAT would not have been called. I love how everyone hates cops until they need one. :rolleyes:

I will be the first to admit that SOME cops are on an ego trip and abuse their authority. But this is a very minority.

Again--SWAT teams operate under an set procedure--they never know what they are going to find behind the closed doors. Just for once--put yourselves in their shoes instead of being arm chair critics.

Lee

NapaBavarian 01-17-2008 12:02 PM

Hey, now I'm confused, how do I posess confusion? I would understand "you are confused" or "You're confused" for short, and if you can posess confusion, can I spread it, or is that a job that only you can handle?

Pigs in tanks, nice! Ever think of being angry with the neighbor for being a criminal and not walking out her front door? BTW, I can't see that stinking page, dialup and all :(

Peace and alll, since I pretty muck quit drinking and all :lol:

Wikedjuggalo 01-17-2008 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikFu S. (Post 521777)
I don't understand how you can laugh about cops going around destroying property.

Why are you so determined to supply evidence of a military state forming here in the US? I don't we are headed there neither do most people.

Its not so much funny but if I had a tank come rolling over my fence I'd have to laugh at it as not to get upset

YourConfused 01-17-2008 06:35 PM

"Hey, now I'm confused, how do I posess confusion? I would understand "you are confused" or "You're confused" for short, and if you can posess confusion, can I spread it, or is that a job that only you can handle?"

A friend of mine is a massively flamboyant nerd that loves to correct grammatical errors so I chose that handle just to annoy people like that. (she stops you mid sentence to correct you) I am quite sarcastic and that play on words just suites me.

To all those people who are pro-cop, my real complaint is that the police department is not held accountable for any property damage at all. I have had hundreds of dollars in damage done by cops w/ two digit IQ's. Since I don't have thousands of dollars to spend in legal fees I just get stuck w/ the repair bills. luckily this time it is like a $5 repair bill as most of the wood is salvageable.

I think ICE-T (in body count) put it nicely. #### the police! :lol:

bwb3 01-17-2008 06:39 PM

There have been few experiences lately that make me begin to wonder about a trend here. My older brother recently got ordered to the ground, handcuffed, his car towed, and hauled off to jail for not pulling over fast enough. Four lane road with curbs and no place to get out of traffic for a few blocks. Luckily the local jail staff thought it was ridiculous and, by phone, got a judge to release him without bail. Charge, driving without wearing his glasses per the license (he wears contacts). He still had to spend the night with me and pay the tow charge to reclaim the car.
I got pulled over for not negotiating a round-about correctly? Still haven't figured out what I did. No other cars around. Got a ticket but the no explaination, he gave me a hard time because I looked nervous. $125 but I didn't fight it. I know, I'm a wimp.
An old friend on the local police force said there are a lot of new young bucks who think they are Rambo.
Gene

Hondasucks 01-17-2008 07:43 PM

My friend's dad's girlfriend's dad, had an 80s Porsche, was pretty nice, low miles, garage kept.. Anyway, his kid was out driving it, got pulled over. Cop sees a bag of pot on the dash, yanks him out of the car, handcuffs him, and then him and another cop rip all the interior out, cut open the seats, etc.. looking for "hidden drugs". Of course, they didn't find any. Left the car all apart and said "well, it's your problem now" basically, and left, and said he was responsible for paying to put it back together.

Hocrest 01-17-2008 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondasucks (Post 521897)
My friend's dad's girlfriend's dad, had an 80s Porsche, was pretty nice, low miles, garage kept.. Anyway, his kid was out driving it, got pulled over. Cop sees a bag of pot on the dash, yanks him out of the car, handcuffs him, and then him and another cop rip all the interior out, cut open the seats, etc.. looking for "hidden drugs". Of course, they didn't find any. Left the car all apart and said "well, it's your problem now" basically, and left, and said he was responsible for paying to put it back together.

I hope you see the difference between this situation and "yourconfused's"????

NikFu S. 01-17-2008 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikedjuggalo (Post 521844)
Why are you so determined to supply evidence of a military state forming here in the US? I don't we are headed there neither do most people.

Its not so much funny but if I had a tank come rolling over my fence I'd have to laugh at it as not to get upset

It's a perfectly natural response to get upset when someone wrongs you. Why hide it?

I'm not "determined to supply evidence of a military state forming", I'm trying to make people aware that if they don't keep the police in check, they might not have that option later on. When you can no longer question the police, that is a police state. When the police wear camo and roll through your yard in tanks, keeping you off the streets, that is martial law.
Thanks to some idiot politician, an amendment has been made to the Posse Comitatus Act that allows the USA CEO to deploy military forces on US soil any time he wants (Natural disaster, urban warfare training, you name it). The original wording made it specifically obvious he could only do that in troublesome situations requiring the police, which the police could not handle (like a riot).
Why does this bother me? Because it takes away the power of the people to handle themselves and gives it to someone who can legally lock you away for no reason (basically kidnapping). I don't need that. I personally don't need the police for jack squat other than responding to traffic accidents, homicides and burglaries. I shouldn't ever have to even encounter one. I don't want it to be anyone's responsibility to keep an eye on me.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hocrest (Post 521900)
I hope you see the difference between this situation and "yourconfused's"????

I do and I don't think drug possession should be as unlawful as it is. No, I don't use. I don't even smoke or drink.