The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest Region (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Why I missed the Colombia drive (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40650)

Turbone 09-09-2007 09:56 AM

Why I missed the Colombia drive

3 Attachment(s)
Brought it home yesterday. Needs a engine for sure, sounds like more than one rod wants to exit thru the block. Has just 101K for mileage, so it obviously didnt have even normal maintenance performed. Needs to be cleaned up and inspected, but it looks worth the $400 I paid.

ensteele 09-09-2007 11:13 AM

I don't want you to feel any worse than you already feel, but we had a great time at the meet.

Next, congratulations on the car. It looks like with a little time, an engine, and some effort, you should have a good SVX.

Last, let me be the first to say - You front wheels are on backwards. :D

WestCoastSVX 09-09-2007 03:21 PM

Yeah I'd say worth $400, there's more than twice that in just the "easy to sell" parts! Now you just have to decide if you want to combine your two SVXes into one, or start sourcing the parts! :)

ensteele 09-09-2007 04:23 PM

Troy! Hush you mouth! Of course he wants to fix it up instead of parting it out. :o

Ricochet 09-09-2007 04:32 PM

paint looks alright

Turbone 09-09-2007 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele (Post 492141)
I don't want you to feel any worse than you already feel, but we had a great time at the meet.

Next, congratulations on the car. It looks like with a little time, an engine, and some effort, you should have a good SVX.

Last, let me be the first to say - You front wheels are on backwards. :D

Huck told me first:p
I swear, in the future, before I take any pics of any SVX I ever buy again, that the wheels will be put on correctly (or at least checked to be sure they are:rolleyes:)

Yes, I may use one to make the other better. I also know this is frowned upon:o But I already own 5 other Soobs, with more coming possibly. I'm quickly running out of room at my friends house:eek: I can only keep 4 at my place before a person across the street from me calls my landlord and complains:mad:
I have a strong feeling the Claret is going to be a money pit. It has over 237K and its been driven hard for alot of those miles. The body is beat and so is the interior. And seeing how much the cost of parts are for the SVX, I'll keep it as a parts car. If I can make one nice car out of 2, I will be a happy camper. Unless someone wants to buy a shell;)

Shadabob 09-09-2007 11:00 PM

Awesome, and for only $400 :cool: :eek:

Congrats, too cool

Turbone 09-18-2007 10:08 PM

Possibility of picking up another 92, this one is black. My fav color:p
Should know by the end of the week.
3 SVX's in 2 months.
Is that a record?:lol:

ensteele 09-19-2007 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbone (Post 494114)
Possibility of picking up another 92, this one is black. My fav color:p
Should know by the end of the week.
3 SVX's in 2 months.
Is that a record?:lol:

I don't think so Tim. :rolleyes: ;) :lol:

Turbone 09-19-2007 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele (Post 494207)
I don't think so Tim. :rolleyes: ;) :lol:

Lol, figures :rolleyes:

WestCoastSVX 09-20-2007 09:40 AM

Yeah I was trying to figure out if there was a period of time that Earl made that big a jump in his collection and acquired 3 within 2 months... or less I guess if you're not beating the record. :)

Can't pinpoint it, but I'm sure it's happened. He's acquired 13 in less than 6 years, so odds are at one point in there it happened. I'm sure he knows when. :D

Turbone 10-02-2007 08:06 PM

Well, the Ebony is home. No pics with the digi yet, been raining pigs and chickens all day here:rolleyes:
All the wheels are on backwards. So far I'm 3 for 3:o
Needs to have the hood repainted and some other paint done. You will see more when I get the pics taken.
The PO has had the car for around 5yrs and it was DD. Has replaced all the wheel bearings and brakes and some other stuff I cant recall at the moment.
Glad I have a parts car, I need interior pieces:p