The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Local Subaru Clubs... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43332)

~*~JenSVX~*~ 02-18-2008 01:31 PM

Local Subaru Clubs...

Does anyone else actively participate in a local club? I know on Long Island we have a big subie community and there's basically a meet to attend any day of the week in different spots on long island. I'm just curious if anyone else around here hangs out with any other local subaru forums as often or even just regularly....

Crazy_pilot 02-18-2008 02:22 PM

I'm part of the National Capital Subaru Club. We have meetings the first Wednesday of every month, a bunch of poeple go for lunch every Friday, and there are fall/spring cruises. We also have a very active bunch of motorsports junkies, for Auto-X in the summer, Snow-X in the winter, lapping, TSD rallies....lots of stuff.

LetItSnow 02-18-2008 02:29 PM

A bunch of us from Syracuse were filling in a thread on NASIOC with 50 posts a day about racing, mods, dinner meets, and all the assorted stuff otherwise, so we put together <CNY Subies> so we could keep it all straight. The forum gets quiet over the winter, but it picks up nicely when autocross season starts!

Turbone 02-18-2008 02:44 PM

Subicru, with chapters in Oregon and Washington.
Pretty small right now, but growing. But being small is nice, get to know folks on a somewhat personal level and can have impromptu meets at homes where we can do installs and mods.

~*~JenSVX~*~ 02-18-2008 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbone (Post 529301)
Subicru, with chapters in Oregon and Washington.
Pretty small right now, but growing. But being small is nice, get to know folks on a somewhat personal level and can have impromptu meets at homes where we can do installs and mods.

This seems similar to how our club started. We still do install meets and house parties too though. More so in the summer for obvious reasons but there are a bunch of people on there that do installs in the winter too..

huck369 02-19-2008 08:14 AM

I AM the local Subaru Club:D

Like Subarus are rare around me....I probably own as many as there are in the rest of the county:rolleyes:

I wish I had some Local Subie buddies.....everyone is at least a couple hours away...

~*~JenSVX~*~ 02-19-2008 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huck369 (Post 529445)

Like Subarus are rare around me....I probably own as many as there are in the rest of the county:rolleyes:

I wish I had some Local Subie buddies.....everyone is at least a couple hours away...

You can come hang out with us... we're only a few hours away... well... sorta...
I think it's great to have a local crew and judging by the few replies i guess perhaps there aren't overwhelming numbers of these in the subie community. I know of a few clubs in the surrounding area catering to more of just the "tuning" scene as opposed to a specific car. Long Island is a great area for car enthusiasts though because I can probably name a bunch of other clubs that exist in the area, like the lexus club, bmw club, mustang club, i think there's a scion club....

ridered777 02-19-2008 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huck369 (Post 529445)

Same... And trust me, there are no shortages of Subaru's up here in the NE! I'm trying to get the NE section of this forum active enough to form a spin off local club (sshh don't tell them my master plan yet!!), kind of like NWSVX.

The problem is that we have a ton of people who use them for just thier AWD transportation - be it leggy's or WRXs'. Then we have the ricer boyz, who have their WRX's or sometimes just Impreza's.

So the demographics of subaru owners are so different that trying to make a SUBARU club, rather than a regional SVX club, is next to impossible.

huck369 02-19-2008 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenSVX (Post 529471)
You can come hang out with us... we're only a few hours away... well... sorta...
I think it's great to have a local crew and judging by the few replies i guess perhaps there aren't overwhelming numbers of these in the subie community. I know of a few clubs in the surrounding area catering to more of just the "tuning" scene as opposed to a specific car. Long Island is a great area for car enthusiasts though because I can probably name a bunch of other clubs that exist in the area, like the lexus club, bmw club, mustang club, i think there's a scion club....

Or...when you guys are bored, you can just do a group drive down HERE :eek::D:D

Manarius 02-19-2008 10:59 AM

I'm part of the South Central Subaru Club (SC^2). We meet once a month at a Red Robin in Carlisle, PA.

ridered777 02-19-2008 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manarius (Post 529484)
I'm part of the South Central Subaru Club (SC^2). We meet once a month at a Red Robin in Carlisle, PA.

OK. So, I hate to bring this up, but SC^2 would actually be "SCC", because the exponent precedes the evaluating of S "times" C.

You'd need (SC)^2. And even then, it would be SSSCCSCC, due to the way you apply exponents to expressions in parenthesis, if memory serves correctly, because it would be (SC)(SC), which means you take S times S and C, then C times S and C.

Yay math?:o

odepaj 02-19-2008 02:33 PM

No real groups down here. I do hang out with the Nasioc TXIC guys alittle, but mostly us SVXer's stick together and have our own meets and random B.S. :)

Dustin

Wikedjuggalo 02-19-2008 06:52 PM

Not crap around here I kinda wish there was. I mean there is probably Impreza owners around here who meet but they are Imperza only

Crazy_pilot 02-19-2008 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ridered777 (Post 529501)
OK. So, I hate to bring this up, but SC^2 would actually be "SCC", because the exponent precedes the evaluating of S "times" C.

You'd need (SC)^2. And even then, it would be SSSCCSCC, due to the way you apply exponents to expressions in parenthesis, if memory serves correctly, because it would be (SC)(SC), which means you take S times S and C, then C times S and C.

Hmmm...Almost I think. (SC)^2, or (SC)(SC), would give: S^2+2SC+C^2, based on the FOIL operation of polynomial multiplication.

It's been a while since I did that stuff though.

Manarius 02-19-2008 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ridered777 (Post 529501)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot (Post 529544)
Hmmm...Almost I think. (SC)^2, or (SC)(SC), would give: S^2+2SC+C^2, based on the FOIL operation of polynomial multiplication.

It's been a while since I did that stuff though.

I'm a math major. I know how to do binomial expansion. However, (SC)*2 is just kind of lame. Sorry, I know I'm betraying my math roots by allowing it, but for the sake of short logos, the ^2 will have to do.