The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   No Ugly V Grill For 2008!!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=38337)

jwd45535 04-09-2007 04:29 PM

No Ugly V Grill For 2008!!!

I receive newsletters from Car and Driver and I noticed they had the new Subaru WRX. As you probably guess from the title they FINALLY got rid of the grill. Here's the link: http://www.caranddriver.com/autoshow...otos-info.html ENJOY!!!

sicksubie 04-09-2007 04:33 PM

Yeah... We have been talking about it on here in a couple of threads. I do not like it. And now after seeing it in person in NYC at the auto show I maintain my opinion. The front end is growing on me, but the back end is aweful. It looks like a pontiac GTO taillights. If I wanted one I would get a 2005 or 2006 or a limited 2007.

LetItSnow 04-09-2007 04:35 PM

'08 Impreza grille, I have two words for you:

Rocky Dennis.

Traitor_Moron 04-10-2007 01:27 PM

Wrx

so... why dont these people build a two door ANYthing?? i love Subarus but i dont have children, i dont want to take my soda spilling, smoking friends anywhere.. what i want is a two door, buncha horsepower, AWD, go fast mobile!!!

drivemusicnow 04-10-2007 01:31 PM

I think it's hilarious that in 6 years of production, the car will have gone through 4 face lifts.

All but the first being significantly uglier than the previous model.

Mr. Pockets 04-10-2007 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drivemusicnow
I think it's hilarious that in 6 years of production, the car will have gone through 4 face lifts.

All but the first being significantly uglier than the previous model.

I agree. Subaru has only gone backwards in their Impreza styling. At least some of the previous versions (the original US WRX, for example) were polarizing and in some way controversial. Maybe the '08 will prove to be, but I don't see how.

I wouldn't even say that the '08 Impreza is ugly - just that it's very bland. Instead of the ugly being concentrated in one small area, like the front of the '07, it's just a wash of dull over the entire car.

It looks like a cross between a Corolla and a new Sebring. In short, I hate it.

Ira Davis 04-10-2007 03:18 PM

:confused:

My immediate family owns three WRXs (one bug eye and two blob eyes), a Forester and an SVX. I will continue to support Subaru unless they continue to introduce crap like that.

What the heck is the front end supposed to be? Kinda has a Chevy Cobalt meets Mercury thing going on.

Maybe I need to run out to Suby and put some money down on an 07 STi. Granted the front end of the 06/07 is ugly but damn it's at least better than the new front end.

On a happier note at least the Tribeca isn't quite as ugly as it used to be.

Tony117s 04-10-2007 03:43 PM

V grill looked better IMO.

jwd45535 04-10-2007 04:13 PM

The Impreza hasn't been developing well. I can think of uglier cars. What Subaru needs is a better designer. I like the Legacy and Baja the best out of their current line up but, I like the early 90s version best.

Subaru is the only car maker that doesn't have a two door vehicle. At least a major car company in the US. Just because they made one mistake, that we all love here, doesn't mean that it was wrong for them to do it. They have to learn to maket a coupe right.

Seraph 04-10-2007 04:31 PM

I like like the mid 90s style RS.

Ira Davis 04-10-2007 04:48 PM

Quote:

They have to learn to maket a coupe right.
Don't mean to be argumentive but I think they did make a coupe right.

Obviously our SVXs, but the 98-01 Impreza RSs were actually the coupe I was referring to.:cool:

They are highly sought after (at least here in Denver). A low mileage specimin can run as much as 10K.

I was actually thinking of advertising my SVX on Craigslist. I really like the old two door RS and here shortly I will have an extra WRX turbo set up that I could use on any of the Imprezas. The only thing is; I doubt I could find someone willing to trade an Impreza (as nice as my SVX with nearly the same mileage) straight across for my SVX.

Ira

shelfy 04-10-2007 05:03 PM

ira:

if you buy an rs coupe, i'll take the tealy off your hands. :)

drivemusicnow 04-10-2007 06:27 PM

I think he meant "market" rather than "make".

In which case it was 50% Subaru sucking at marketing in the US, and 50% just a really bad time to introduce a coupe, where as 5 years ago to present would be an awesome time to introduce a coupe. Look at all of the 2 door sporty cars that have been introduced and are selling like hotcakes right now.

jwd45535 04-10-2007 08:01 PM

Who know what I mean. :D Lol. I'm just joking. I said one thing and meant another. I'm sorry if I confused y'all. I do that all the time.

But like drivemusicnow said, Subaru needs to market better. As I've said in my other thread, a new svx would have to be marketed right. I also think that it should pass to all of Subaru's models.

Landshark 04-10-2007 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pockets

I wouldn't even say that the '08 Impreza is ugly......

i will - its ugly.

the bugeye and blobeye weren't show-stoppers, but they had a purposeful look like they meant business. the new one looks like they crash tested it against the ugly tree.