The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Autofest 2001 - UPDATE (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=387)

Mr. Pockets 07-18-2001 10:44 AM

Okay, I'm sorry I haven't sent in my registration.

I'll do it.

Really.

Because I missed the Reading meet and the midwest meet and I need to make it to at least ONE SVX function this year...

wasions 07-18-2001 10:57 AM

Great, Mr. P! I'll be checking the mail. Anyone else?

<<BTW, Steve, this is going to be INSIDE, isn't it?>>

If by 'INSIDE' Randy, you mean your shpere of influence, then YES, it'll be inside.;)

We will be situated somewhere along the walkway (where cars don't go) in downtown Evansville, Indiana.

Steve

Aredubjay 07-18-2001 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by wasions
Great, Mr. P! I'll be checking the mail. Anyone else?

<<BTW, Steve, this is going to be INSIDE, isn't it?>>

If by 'INSIDE' Randy, you mean your shpere of influence, then YES, it'll be inside.;)

We will be situated somewhere along the walkway (where cars don't go) in downtown Evansville, Indiana.

Steve

Okay, that's cool. I was thinking of Leo. He was wanting to come, but didn't wanna have to deal with grass. Okay, Leo -- Da ball's in your court. :D

Aredubjay 07-24-2001 11:11 AM

Nicubepockets, the info is on page three of this thread.

Mr. Pockets 07-24-2001 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay
Nicubepockets, the info is on page three of this thread.
No, it's not - it's on page two. :)

But thanks.

Aredubjay 07-28-2001 04:38 PM

Deadline Near!

The deadline (AUG 1st) for singing up for Autofest 2001 (at least to be able to be parked with the other SVXes) is closing in. Those of you who are coming, please get your check and info to Steve Wasion (info is on either page 2 or 3 of this thread). Thank you, and have a nice day. :)

Mr. Pockets 07-30-2001 09:31 AM

Urgent - need to send registration

I know the deadline Steve set for sending him our registrations is Wednesday. And I know I said I'd send it last week.

I had a 'major intestinal event,' and let's leave it at that. ;)

Do I make this here check out to Steve or to AutoFest? I haven't found any form I need to fill out - do I just print up my info on a piece of paper and send that?

I will priority mail this as SOON as I get answers. :)

Really, I will. ;)

PS Is everyone staying in the same hotel? Anyone have one they can recommend?

Aredubjay 07-30-2001 09:46 AM

Re: Urgent - need to send registration

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
I know the deadline Steve set for sending him our registrations is Wednesday. And I know I said I'd send it last week.

I had a 'major intestinal event,' and let's leave it at that. ;)

Do I make this here check out to Steve or to AutoFest? I haven't found any form I need to fill out - do I just print up my info on a piece of paper and send that?

I will priority mail this as SOON as I get answers. :)

Really, I will. ;)

PS Is everyone staying in the same hotel? Anyone have one they can recommend?

Cube, make your check out to Steve Wasion. He's going to write a check for the full amount, once all entries w/payment are in. The info needed is on the form on page 2 or 3 of this thread. Steve will be filling out "official" registration forms to be sent with payment.

As far as hotel, the "host" hotel is the Executive Inn, Downtown. I hope we can all stay at the same hotel, but, the Exec is a little pricey (albiet "handy" since the even will be held on the downtown "walkway"). Perhaps Steve will be able to recommend something else. The Hotel Aztar is also downtown, but, I don't know what the room rate is. I'd supposed it'd also be a little pricey, expesially if you don't gamble on their riverboat. :D

wasions 07-30-2001 10:55 AM

Hmmmm

Actually, it didn't occur to me to even check out hotel accomodations, since I'm hopelessly cheap. If I don't come home every night, I'll just sleep in the car. (heheh)
Mr. P. I can hold on for a little while if that's what you'd like. I know how those types of 'events' can be. Had something like that m'self the past couple of weeks. If I can be sure the check's in the mail, then I'll wait for it.
With the check for $20 (for non-MCC members) I'll need to know:
Year, Make ?, Model (wonder what that would be), (your) Name, Address, City, State, Zip, & Phone #.
See you there!
Steve

Mr. Pockets 07-30-2001 11:54 AM

Re: Hmmmm

Quote:

Originally posted by wasions
Actually, it didn't occur to me to even check out hotel accomodations, since I'm hopelessly cheap. If I don't come home every night, I'll just sleep in the car. (heheh)
Mr. P. I can hold on for a little while if that's what you'd like. I know how those types of 'events' can be. Had something like that m'self the past couple of weeks. If I can be sure the check's in the mail, then I'll wait for it.
With the check for $20 (for non-MCC members) I'll need to know:
Year, Make ?, Model (wonder what that would be), (your) Name, Address, City, State, Zip, & Phone #.
See you there!
Steve

Steve,

I sent the check by priority mail, so it should be in your hands on Wednesday.

Thanks.

wasions 07-30-2001 12:33 PM

Cool!

:cool:

Steve

wasions 08-01-2001 10:51 PM

You're in, Cube!

I got your stuff today, and I'll be calling them all in in the a.m.

That's four of us, Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan, and Tennessee, meeting in Indiana at the end of September.:cool:

I cannot wait.

Steve

svxter 08-02-2001 06:58 AM

Inexpensive motels

Any information on not too "pricey" accomodations would be appreciated. The old budget can't quite accomodate $100/night lodgings. I wouldn't even mind having to drive a little bit, even though it would be nice to be in one central location.

Thanks.

wasions 08-02-2001 12:27 PM

We're in!

Nick, Bill, Randy, you should be receiving your confirmations shortly.

Here's a few numbers for ya: Area Code is 812 -

423-5818, Drury Inn, 3901 U.S. 41 N. (or 1-800-325-8300)

423-0171, Holiday Inn East, 100 S. Green River Road
424-6400, Holiday Inn Airport, 4101 U.S. 41 N.
(or 1-800-465-4329 both)

867-7999, Evansville Marriott Hotel, 7101 U.S. 41 N. (or 1-800-228-9290)

473-7944, Days Inn East, Lloyd Expy & Green River Road
464-1010, Days Inn Airport, 5701 US 41 N.
(or 1-800-DAYS-INN both)

Also a selection Of Clarions, Comforts, Qualities, Ramadas, Travelodges, Super 8's, Fairfields, Econo Lodges, ad nauseum.

Hope that helps!

Steve