The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Body Modifications (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   "Dated 'Nightrider' look?" (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24455)

SVXRide 02-12-2005 03:17 PM

"Dated 'Nightrider' look?"

Well, the SmallCar grill has hit Ebay...can't say I support their ad text:rolleyes:

cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33645&item=7954005 716&rd=1

-Bill

Landshark 02-12-2005 04:56 PM

Re: "Dated 'Nightrider' look?"

Quote:

Originally posted by SVXRide
Well, the SmallCar grill has hit Ebay...can't say I support their ad text:rolleyes:

cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33645&item=7954005 716&rd=1

-Bill

i'd have to agree - i hate the waterfall grille, and the two-toned painted SVX's as well. just my opinion, though - lots of people like 'em, but i think they just make the car look dated.

JeffN 02-12-2005 05:14 PM

I like em all but i think the waterfal is most distinct having owned 92 & 97.

Matthewmongan 02-12-2005 05:57 PM

bid starting at 150 thats outlandish. someone is trying to dodge a chapter 11

rmjjensen 02-12-2005 07:39 PM

i like it!! Price is a bit high, but that does look pretty darn good

BordeauxComet 02-12-2005 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Matthewmongan
bid starting at 150 thats outlandish. someone is trying to dodge a chapter 11
...and it's $145 on their website:confused:, shouldn't it be the other way around?

BTW, has anybody ordered one yet? I'm interested to see how it looks on a bordeaux or a claret.

n00b on demand 02-12-2005 08:02 PM

It does look really good...too high a price for me to buy though....can get a 97 grill for the same price or cheaper.

Rotorflyr 02-12-2005 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BordeauxComet
BTW, has anybody ordered one yet? I'm interested to see how it looks on a bordeaux or a claret.
I ordered one, however it will be on a liquid silver, so can't help you out with how it will look on a bordeaux or claret :p

Ciscokid 02-12-2005 09:12 PM

I think it looks nice in the pics they have on Ebay, I like the way they paint it to match the car.

I am not too sure I like it for 180+ dollars but it may be a future mod.

**Anyone know the HP gain with this on the car?? :D

Chiketkd 02-13-2005 12:02 AM

I also think the Ebay price is outlandish, but the look is quite nice IMHO.

http://www.smallcar.com/ebay/images/redsvx2.jpg

I'll probably get one in the future - way future - as cosmetic improvements aren't high on my priority list of mods. ;)

-Chike

n00b on demand 02-13-2005 07:39 AM

Damn red looks so good :D

mohrds 02-13-2005 09:45 AM

I just love the way so many people say "it costs too much".

They have R&D costs, material costs, setup costs, small run costs, etc. I doubt they ever expected to sell more that a hundred of them since it is such a rare car. To put that kind of effort in is just amazing.

I have done some R&D into SVX mods and they were always met with price complainers. So I stopped spending my time and money to try and help the community. Now I hear "why aren't you doing that anymore"

This is a rare car and any aftermarket parts are close to a financial loss for the creator because they will sell so few. If you are looking for cheap aftermarket parts, you have to look at a car where they will sell thousands of parts a year. That would be a Honda Civic.

I applaud SmallCar for all they have done to help the SVX community.

Doug

Ciscokid 02-13-2005 10:12 AM

I hear you mohrds but I think I speak for a lot of people when I say: it is not as cost effect as some things.

Like Chike said, cosmetic improvements are low on my list, I would rather spend the 180+ on an Ecutune chip or new brakes, something that helps performance.

I join you in applauding Smallcar, they do great work, and I bought their shift kit, again, a mechanical improvement over cosmetic. I don't plan to take my car to a show and win trophies, I want to enjoy driving the car as much as possible.

svxistentialist 02-13-2005 03:17 PM

I think it is great.

It looks individual, and I like the idea that the holes let air through. The waterfall grill is practically impossible to keep pristine, as the topcoat yellows, blisters and flakes with stone chips.

It also seems crazy and a nonsense to me that a car with a high-output engine, making as much heat as the SVX does, has a false grill in front at the high pressure nose of the car, which does not let cooling air through it.

As far as I am concerned, the open grill is a performance mod, and will be a bonus to me when I supercharge.

Joe:)

PS. In the states, you guys hate your cars being mistaken for Saturns, am I right?

Well, top insult for me is to mention Kitt or Knight Rider in the same sentence as my car.:mad: I now have a David Hasslehof picture on my dartboard to redress the balance.

immortal_suby 02-13-2005 03:24 PM

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...highlight=kitt