The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New member/ new owner (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=38113)

Subie59 03-26-2007 10:15 PM

New member/ new owner

Hi folks: Just wanted to check in here. I will be the proud owner of a 94 SVX by this time next week if everything goes well. Green with about 160,000 K on her. I also have a 96 Legacy wagon and a 2001 GT limited. All green. I know, I know it just worked out that way.
Can't wait to get the new Subbie. I've got some cleaning ahead of me because the previous owner is a smoker but it's not too bad....
Any smoke removal suggestions appreciated...
Thanks
Vic

ShiuludeSVX 03-26-2007 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subie59
Hi folks: Just wanted to check in here. I will be the proud owner of a 94 SVX by this time next week if everything goes well. Green with about 160,000 K on her. I also have a 96 Legacy wagon and a 2001 GT limited. All green. I know, I know it just worked out that way.
Can't wait to get the new Subbie. I've got some cleaning ahead of me because the previous owner is a smoker but it's not too bad....
Any smoke removal suggestions appreciated...
Thanks
Vic

Welcome Vic. You'll find a great wealth of information here for most any questions that may come up.
I wish you great luck with your new Pup.:)

Ed.

ensteele 03-27-2007 12:04 AM

Welcome to the site. :)

JaySVX 03-27-2007 05:31 AM

Welcome. I found that the pet oder remover spray does wonders at removing the smell of smoke, without leaving an after-smell.

Subie59 03-27-2007 07:28 AM

Thanks

Thanks.
A little elbow grease, leather cleaner and this baby is going to be as good as new. It seemed to be in excellent condition. I'll be counting on this site to get me up to speed on these cars... I've noticed a nice sticker that you can buy and put on the side of the vehicle on the glass or something. Are these recommended or do they just fade etc in time and look bad... From what I've seen on a few photos of cars, they do add to the look....
I've been reading about this gathering in Reading, looks interesting...
Vic

Hocrest 03-27-2007 07:41 AM

Quote:

I've been reading about this gathering in Reading, looks interesting...

Quote:

Are you in Lancaster, PA?? Did you get it at that dealer at the corner of Fruitville & Manheim??

Lancaster is home of the famous SVX Racer :)

Ricochet 03-27-2007 08:04 AM

I was a smoker when I left for Iraq, now I'm not. I think if you just clean up the interior with febreeze and shampoo the carpets it'll go away.

Subie59 03-27-2007 12:19 PM

Ancaster not Lancaster

No I'm from Ancaster, Ont. Canada about an hour outside of Toronto. But it's only maybe 8 hours from Reading PA I think....

It's Just Eric 03-27-2007 03:30 PM

When I got my car, it was pretty smokey. A bit of elbow greese worked pretty good...but Id like to take the headliner and carpets out to steam clean them, among other things. Then again, I can get a bit obsessive

I know about the same color cars syndrom...I had a barcelona red sxv, now hae a brilliant red svx, and have a black svx that I am likely going to respray the swiss ruby mica (the one red I actually like! Though the others hae grown on me)

Best of luck with the car

SA SVX 03-27-2007 07:36 PM

Hey, I thought I was the new guy!

Welcome to the family, I just bought mine 2 weeks ago. Is a great group of people here.

ensteele 03-27-2007 07:47 PM

If you are the new guy, you won't be for long. We have about 1 new member each day. :D

Welcome to the site and I am glad you like it here. :)