The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Gas taste's like Sh**... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3338)

sk8ing19 03-27-2002 12:05 AM

Gas taste's like Sh**...

Hey All,

Okay so I found out just how tasty gas is today. I was working on the fuel filter today, and did every thing just like the book said. (The book was way wrong). So I got into the rear and disconected the fuel pump in order to get rid of the pressure in the lines. (like the book said to do.) I started the car and she quickly died.

At this point it was going nice and smooth. I continued following the book and started to remove the hoses from the filter (not easy) then it happen. The hose marked "out" came off and before I knew what the heck had happened gas sprayed everywhere. The gas sprayed me in the face in my mouth, everywhere, thank god I was wearing safty glasses just in case. I quickly got the flow directed to the ground but not before it sprayed me in the mouth. (damn that taste like sh*t).

Well I finally got the new filter in and washed the gas off of the car, and myself. She is now running better with the new filter. However lesson learned, clamp every hose before you remove it, no matter what the damn book says to do. If the book tells you to do something in which it will release the pressure, BS.

Now how do I get the gas out of my nose. LOL

Later,
Chris

Never2phat 03-27-2002 12:50 AM

Glad to hear you had safety glasses on. They easily saved you a trip to the hospital!!!

:D B.C. :D

Beav 03-27-2002 02:39 AM

"Gas taste's like Sh**... "

I've tasted gas before but I've not tasted Sh**. Thanks for clearing that up for me. :)

Beav

Seraph 03-27-2002 07:18 AM

Comming from a third world country, I have tasted gas multiple times as well (sucking out of cars). I thought it tasted like piss. Not sh*t. But if that is what it tastes like, I'd take your word for it. :D

Lwin

vkykam 03-27-2002 09:08 AM

Chris,

Count yourself lucky that the hoses came off easily.

I wrestled with the inlet hose to the fuel filter for over 1/2 hour before I gave up, and just took a knife to it.

When I have to change the fuel filter again, I now have to remember to reorder that little fuel hose, cause if I have to cut it again, it won't reach the filter anymore.

VK

phoenix96 03-27-2002 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraph
Comming from a third world country, I have tasted gas multiple times as well (sucking out of cars). I thought it tasted like piss. Not sh*t. But if that is what it tastes like, I'd take your word for it. :D

Lwin

Sucking gas out of cars? :confused:

Seraph 03-27-2002 11:30 AM

Yeah, in Burma, you only get 5 gallons per car per week. So, people buy/sell gas and how do you do it? Suck it out of the tank. Some people just store gas in tanks for rainy days. You should see the prices on those gas. $1.68 is nothing.

Lwin

Aredubjay 03-27-2002 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by phoenix96

Sucking gas out of cars? :confused:

You've never siphoned a gas tank?!?! It's old hat in the rural areas where I grew up. You need gas for the lawn mower? Siphon (suck) it out of the tractor. Need gas for the tractor? Siphon it out of the car. Need gas for the car? Walk a couple of miles up the road to the neighbors house (while they were asleep), and siphon it out of theirs. :D

phoenix96 03-27-2002 04:46 PM

It was the tasting it while doing so part that confused me :rolleyes: lol

dart 03-27-2002 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

You've never siphoned a gas tank?!?! It's old hat in the rural areas where I grew up. You need gas for the lawn mower? Siphon (suck) it out of the tractor. Need gas for the tractor? Siphon it out of the car. Need gas for the car? Walk a couple of miles up the road to the neighbors house (while they were asleep), and siphon it out of theirs. :D

Hahaha. In my younger days I visited the midnight Marathon a coupla times :) Gas didn't used to taste as bad (before unleaded) came along. Ahh crap there's that loose tooth again..

sk8ing19 03-27-2002 10:22 PM

don't get me wrong it took agood 30 min's to get the hose off, and then bam, gas in the mouth. Taste like sh*t, piss, all I know is it didn't taste good.

Aredubjay 03-27-2002 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by phoenix96
It was the tasting it while doing so part that confused me :rolleyes: lol
I could see where the innuendos in this thread could turn bad, reeeeaaaal quick. :eek: :D

sk8ing19 03-27-2002 10:31 PM

Randy you know you love it.:D