The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   need spoiler paint code (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=51181)

waltweems 08-05-2009 04:46 AM

need spoiler paint code

I'm going to paint the spoiler on my 92, which is black, but there are many shades of black and i'd like to match the origional. Anyone know of a paint code for the spoiler?? Was it clear coated hight gloss??

Thanks

BoxerFanatic 08-05-2009 08:19 AM

Re: need spoiler paint code

Subscribe....

My spoiler is seriously chipped at the leading edge, and has some feathered paint on the end... and my roof needs to be repainted...

so color me interested in the OE Paint code, as well.

From what I can tell, it is just high gloss, clear-coated black... but I am sure there is some kind of specific code... for just the right shade of black...

Maybe OE wasn't clear-coated, but my car has been hit, and repaired... and the repaired paint is not holding it's clearcoat. The roof is losing clearcoat by the day. But the trunk lid and spoiler are not... they were likely not repaired when the roof and driver's door and rear quarter were repainted. I suppose it is possible that the OE black roof and trunklid are single-stage, and the previous repair clear-coated the roof, and did it very badly.

India-ink black
moonless night black
pitch black
and so-on... :D

Body tech guys are always so specific... and that is a good thing. :lol:

ensteele 08-05-2009 03:42 PM

The spoiler is the same code as the roof on the 92s. :)

redlightningsvx 08-05-2009 04:50 PM

It's just regular old black that they use on all black cars since the 50's.

svxcess 12-10-2009 09:02 AM

Walt,

Check this thread HERE

The paint code for the roof, trunk, spoiler and side garnish under thr rear side windows is 204

I am not sure whether it was also clear coated. Most of the deterioration I have seen shows the wearing away of the top clear coat. You could probably get away without using it. A high gloss single stage paint mixed to this color should suffice.

John

Green1995SVX 12-10-2009 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess (Post 627538)
Walt,

Check this thread HERE

The paint code for the roof, trunk, spoiler and side garnish under thr rear side windows is 204

I am not sure whether it was also clear coated. Most of the deterioration I have seen shows the wearing away of the top clear coat. You could probably get away without using it. A high gloss single stage paint mixed to this color should suffice.

John

Very good information! I missed this thread the first time around. The secret SVX code is cracked!