The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Upcoming Meets (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   End of summer NJ Shore eet (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39985)

94SubieSVX 07-28-2007 10:51 AM

End of summer NJ Shore eet

Figuring a few people have been talking about a shore meet before summer's over maybe we could get some opinions on here. I was thinking maybe the last weekend in August (24-26). We could meet up in Belmar/Asbury or Island Beach state park. Like Eric said Island Beach state park has a big parking lot that we can all hang out for the day and go on the beach and just chill. Anybody have other ideas or places/dates, etc?

BTW i missed an "M" in the thread title:)oops

Update

Date: September 8th
Place: Island Beach State Park
Time: 10am until ???

It's Just Eric 07-31-2007 09:05 PM

...Or, we could make it a "Whew...The vacationers finally left" meet, and have it the weekend after labor day. MUCHO less traffic, and a bit more preperation time. (september 9-10th I think it is) Water is still warm up to like...october...so you can still swim.
It'd be nice to make a day / night of it and do the island beach park thing, and hit up the boardwalk at night.

I know damn well theres like...at least a half a million people within 2 hours of the proposed meeting place, so I want to see at least like...more than I see on a daily basis there:p

Tim 07-31-2007 09:51 PM

I"m going to vote no against belmar... only because that town is just full of obnoxious vacationers down for the summer. I second the idea of IBSP Though....

Mike621 08-01-2007 05:02 AM

Im game for ibsp.

n00b on demand 08-01-2007 07:37 AM

I'm in if its after labor day. I came to LBI last year for the meet during the summer and it took me almost 5 hours to get there....i was on the garden state parkway for 3 hours in bumper to bumper traffic. NO WAY am i doing that again...especially with a 5spd. Driving to the shore with no traffic is nice though :D

RSVX 08-01-2007 07:51 AM

What will you be "eet"ing?

94SubieSVX 08-02-2007 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSVX
What will you be "eet"ing?

haha... after labor day sounds good. as far as eating if we could get a couple grills at the meeting place/park that would be nice instead of paying $30 for a pizza and drinks.

It's Just Eric 08-02-2007 10:05 PM

...Hmm...will have to look ino getting a grilling permit or see if its allowed or whatever.

..Like, Ill actualy do it this time...:rolleyes:

94SubieSVX 08-02-2007 11:01 PM

Well, if i position my subs the right way i could possibly fit a medium sized grill in the trunk, or go the easy route and have somebody tag along with me with a big grill.

LarryIII 08-03-2007 05:08 AM

Let's do it after labor day when the temperature and crowds dwindle a bit.

SVXyGirl 08-03-2007 01:27 PM

Depending on when and where...I may try and make it.

awdbaby 08-04-2007 09:06 PM

Hey, I missed the maryland meet and im sure everyone had a great time. I wont miss this one and I will be packing plenty of food and grill! I have off monday so I can try to call park and see what we can and cant do.. I know nobody knows or met me (except Phil:p)but I will try to do my part!

94SubieSVX 08-04-2007 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awdbaby
Hey, I missed the maryland meet and im sure everyone had a great time. I wont miss this one and I will be packing plenty of food and grill! I have off monday so I can try to call park and see what we can and cant do.. I know nobody knows or met me (except Phil:p)but I will try to do my part!

That's awsome that you'll come because the more SVX's I see the happier I will be, especially since this'll be my first gathering of other owners.

So I'm thinking that after Labor Day weekend is the best time and most agreed upon by everyone. If awdbaby can get the park info that would be great so we can plan more.

It's Just Eric 08-04-2007 11:08 PM

Set a date, and this is your arrival list as we speak...
1-It's Just Eric
2-Mike 621
3-Excall
there's also a few non forum members in my town I can chase down

after labor day is a must at this point, if we want the time to prepare. Hows saturday sept 8? 10-am till you go home, give or take

Everything is covered here as far as details on the park, and whatnot.Seems like we can screw being all hot in the parking lot, and grill right on the beach, if we hike south a bit

94SubieSVX 08-04-2007 11:22 PM

1-It's Just Eric
2-Mike 621
3-Excall
4- 94SubieSVX

I read the "picnicking" section and it doesn't say we can grill in the parking lot, but I can call whomever is in charge on Monday and see if we can. Sept. 8th is a good date. Figuring we can get together before lunch and chill for a while then grill up lunch. Hang out on the beach for a couple hours or go for a cruise and wrap things up whenever.