The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   96 Lsi carfax, bill of sale (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29313)

SVX92-97 10-30-2005 04:59 PM

Does anyone want to take this off my hands

5 Attachment(s)
Ok, does anyone want to take the 96 Lsi with the salvaged title off of my hands for $5,600 from the ebay auction. Just thought I would ask. I would even help out with delivery within a couple hundred miles. Seller is promising me a clear title and free parts, to be determined. I dont have the time to *uck with this guy. I drove it home 400 miles and it ran, sounded, handled, shifted great. Here are some of the photos. :o :confused:

Electrophil 10-30-2005 05:11 PM

So that one has manual front seat belts?

Seraph 10-30-2005 05:15 PM

How many miles does it have now and why the salvage title?

Seraph 10-30-2005 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electrophil
So that one has manual front seat belts?

Only 92,93 and 94s have auto belts. And 94.5 models have manual belts.

Electrophil 10-30-2005 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seraph
Only 92,93 and 94s have auto belts. And 94.5 models have manual belts.

Wow!! I never knew that! :eek:

Ya see, ya never stop learning new things about this car. :)

Electrophil 10-30-2005 06:28 PM

Hey Dan, I checked the carfax on your car. I see no transfer of ownership past the salvage title to Geico insurance in 2003. The accident actually occurred in April 2002. According to the DMV, the car didn't belong to this guy for him to sell it to you. He never transferred ownership of the vehicle. In the state of Nevada, this would have been an illegal sale.

I really don't think it's a good idea to sell this vehicle. You need to put that snake oil salesman in jail.... and I don't know about MD, but in Nevada....... he would go to jail from what I can see. He can NOT get you a clear title. This car will never have a clear title again. A rebuilt title is all it can have, and $5,600 is a little steep for a car reported as having "frame damage" on it's carfax. :o :( :o

svxcess 10-30-2005 06:30 PM

Quote:

Lwin,

The whole story starts out normally in this thread:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...4&page=1&pp=20

and starting around post 17 your worst nightmare is about to begin... A true horror story: "Night of the Living Red"

We have to be able to do something.

ensteele 10-30-2005 07:59 PM

Quote:

Lwin - Long story - you need to look up the thread to find out what happened. :eek:

Seraph 10-30-2005 08:07 PM

I just did. As long as the title is assigned to the guy who sold the car or is released by GEICO, it'll be fine. He'll NEVER EVER get a CLEAN title though. From the sound of things, all I can say is :(

SVX92-97 10-30-2005 09:01 PM

96 Lsi Title info

2 Attachment(s)
I called Geico and asked them if they could tell me if they still owned the car because the front of the title lists them as the owner, and they could not tell me or would not tell me. They told me to call the DMV. I am posting the front and back of the title again, so please look at it carefully and let me know what it sounds like. The guy who sold me the car from ebay, and to whom I sent payment to and met in person, goes by the name of buck jones. His name is nowhere on the title. The bill of sale and the second owner above my name and my wifes name is listed as M Gordon Auto Sales, in Shippensberg, PA, the seller told me this is his brother. So does that make M Gordon the legal owner of the car prior to signing it to me. Buck Jones from Delmar Auto Parts sold me the car, but never put his name on the title. Now he tells me he is going to get another title in his name that wont be a salvage title and then sign that one over to me. What do you think, will he be able to do this legally and will this title allow me to bypass my State of CT Dmv inspection. Thanks for all your replies and concerns. John Hoffman called me tonight, thanks again John.

Dan :(

svxcess 10-30-2005 10:30 PM

Could Buck Jones be doing his brother a favor and selling it for him? Maybe Buck is also part owner of M. Gordon and is authorized to sell as an agent of the company.

I still can't follow this trail. T-Rex Auto Sales in Delaware bought this car from Jean Snyder in November, 2003. Mileage: 94,930

M. Gordon Auto Sales in Pennsylvania bought it from them in January, 2004. Mileage: still 94,930.

In all this time the car never accumulated one additional mile? What state is Jean Snyder (presumed original owner) from? Her address appears nowhere. There is nothing that says that this car ever left the State of Maryland, even though it was sold multiple times.

We have a recovered theft, which probably was involved in a major accident, (deployed airbags, etc) with enough damage to require an entire repaint. Then another accident, which required only the replacement of a bumper cover and radiator support by Buck? Any accident which would take out a radiator support probably killed the headlights and grille as well. Used parts again. Is there a functioning bumper under the front cover?

This gets worse and more confusing by the minute. I talked to Dan earlier this evening to give him encouragement and the support of the "family". He says the car runs strong and has no tranny problems, rattles, leaks, steering or alignment issues, etc. Interior is in very good condition.

All the small problems, like condensation, etc. can be fixed. The paint job can eventually be rectified. getting it on the road safely is the first concern. I told him the members here would help in any way that they can; all he has to do is ask. (I told him of the support that was generated by the crash of the SVX owned by Earthworm's dad).

I also gave him Bill "calmone" Morstein's number for additional advice. A very competent Maryland attorney, who owns a 92 Teal Green (and a Rolls, an NSX and a few more garage queens)

svxcess 10-30-2005 11:16 PM

T-rex Auto Sales
15290 South Dupont Highway
Harrington, DE 19952
(302) 398-6233

Gordon Auto Sales Inc
121 Diffys Lane
Shippensburg, PA 17257
(717) 530-1289

Red flag: Our seller has changed his ebay ID 5 times in a year and a half.

bucknbella...Aug-05-05 -- Not a registered user
boricua00693...Aug-05-05 Aug-05-05
bucknbella...Jul-12-05 Aug-05-05
rrrbigdog...Jun-09-05 Jul-12-05
boricua00693...May-30-04 Jun-09-05

Seraph 10-31-2005 07:21 AM

Here is the story.
That title only has 2 reassignements. He is lazy and did not want to reapply the title that is full. He probably bought the car in an auction and he himself got screwed.

Looking at the title, GEICO sold the car to T-rex Auto Sales, who sold it to Gordon Auto Sales Inc. Since the title was never officially issued (which is fine) those two were ok trades. At the current status, Gordon own the car. After gordon sold the car back to buck jones, buck is supposed to reapply for the title since there are no more assignments left on the title. He never did.

So in theory, the sale to you is not legal. In IL, we have to reapply for the title that is full under our own dealer name so you can assign more name (trades-as in auction sales or actual sale to a person). You have a case there. Gordon did not sell you the car for you to get assigned to you this way. Another thing is with a car like that, look at it carefully. Carfax flags that car with bent frame back in 02, T-rex bought the car from Geico auction in 03 which is fine. It sat with them for a year and Gordon bought it in 04. Most dealers will not let a car sit on their lot for more than 6 months. It's pointless and it costs them more money for the damn thing to be sitting there so they'll try to get rid of it. The only question is who knows how many hands of dealers that car went though between 04 and now.

If you want to return it, talk to a lawyer, make sure you keep all the e-mails you sent to the guy. Make sure the ebay auction is printed (in colour) so that you can show the mismatched colours. If you show up at his door with a lawyer and SOS police, it'd be this best interest to give you the money right away without going anywhere.

- L

lhopp77 10-31-2005 09:12 AM

Gordon?

I agree mostly with Seraph, but I think I would call M Gordon Auto Sales just to clarify if they sold the car to Buck or if he is acting as their agent. If Buck is their Agent then the transfers appear legal as far as they go. If not, it appears that Buck did not transfer it correctly. You may have 2 liable parties here. I definitely would contact the Maryland MVD to get some info on laws applicable to "Salvage and/or Rebuilt Titles". There is a inspection on front that indicates that it was rebuilt, but is another clear, but salvage title normally issued by Maryland, so it can then be titled and registered in other states. Be prepared to spend some time on the phone with Maryland MVD or hire a lawyer and let him do it.

Lee

Seraph 10-31-2005 10:20 AM

Oh and make sure all the VIN markings match -- the one on the frame/firewall, door, rear fender, windshield etc.