The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Justy finishes season well. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23696)

Mr. Pockets 01-08-2005 11:17 PM

Justy finishes season well.

Well, as some of you know, I had somewhat of a rough season autocrossing the Justy. I only won my class once. Let's face it - the poor little thing's just not that competitve in a class with NA Eclipses and Minis.

But, out of 101 total competitors in CCSCC autocross events for 2004, I finished the season 7th!

I honestly don't think I could have finished much higher than that. It was just rough for my first full season.

Hopefully I'm more competitive in the MR2, but I am very happy with that result. :D

Chiketkd 01-08-2005 11:47 PM

Congrats Nick! That's awesome in such a large field of cars in the Justy's class...

Great job! :)

-Chike

Mr. Pockets 01-09-2005 08:41 AM

That's not 7th in class - that's 7th overall. Our club is pretty small, but I would be willing to bet that if we did awards by class I would have won it.

Chiketkd 01-09-2005 01:13 PM

Holy cow! That's even more amazing!

Can you give us a brief run down of which cars finished in the top six ahead of the Justy?

-Chike

SubaSteevo 01-09-2005 01:42 PM

Sweet! Congrats!

Mr. Pockets 01-09-2005 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chiketkd
Holy cow! That's even more amazing!

Can you give us a brief run down of which cars finished in the top six ahead of the Justy?

-Chike

Hmm...I know of my friend's Impulse RS (5th), a Celica Alltrac, 3000GT VR4 (ran in the wrong class all season) and a C5 Z06 (season champ with 120 of 120 points).

Chiketkd 01-09-2005 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
Hmm...I know of my friend's Impulse RS (5th), a Celica Alltrac, 3000GT VR4 (ran in the wrong class all season) and a C5 Z06 (season champ with 120 of 120 points).
Nice! A Celica All-trac? Those things are rare...

That's good company to be in. Great job Pockets!

-Chike

SVXRide 01-09-2005 08:49 PM

Nick,
Congrats! Well done.
-Bill (already looking forward to April....)

Ciscokid 01-12-2005 03:45 PM

Man...you lost out to a Vette??

You must have been right behind him a few times though..right??

:D

Mr. Pockets 01-12-2005 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ciscokid
Man...you lost out to a Vette??

You must have been right behind him a few times though..right??

Hey, I beat a few 'vettes over the season on raw time. So there. :p

'Vettes, Porsches, many Mustangs and Camaros...granted, those people didn't know how to drive, but that's the point isn't it? :D I drove a slow car all season and made it go pretty quickly. Now I have a slightly faster car with its engine in the wrong place, so we'll see what I can do with that. :)

Chiketkd 01-13-2005 07:16 PM

Quote:

Hey, I beat a few 'vettes over the season on raw time. So there. :p

'Vettes, Porsches, many Mustangs and Camaros...granted, those people didn't know how to drive, but that's the point isn't it? :D I drove a slow car all season and made it go pretty quickly. Now I have a slightly faster car with its engine in the wrong place, so we'll see what I can do with that. :)

Hey don't let Shadow hear you talk about owners of vettes and camaros not knowing how to drive. :D He has a live-axle WS6 with the 'handling package' which will utterly destroy any AutoX circuit! :p

Nick, I'll be very interested in seeing how you do next season in the MR2. The mid-engine placement will allow for quick transitions in the twisties, but the margin of error will be less (before the impending spin into oversteer). If you've got the skill, you'll be able to get some pretty quick times outta that car.

-Chike

Mr. Pockets 01-13-2005 09:14 PM

That's what I'll find out, I guess. :)

We had an ice storm last week, so I took the MR2 to an overflow lot at the mall. Just as I expected - one continuous sheet of ice.

This is a hell of a little car, man. Not nearly as twitchy as you might think. I've found the oversteer to be very predictable and controllable.

Chiketkd 01-13-2005 09:19 PM

Quote:

We had an ice storm last week, so I took the MR2 to an overflow lot at the mall. Just as I expected - one continuous sheet of ice.

This is a hell of a little car, man. Not nearly as twitchy as you might think. I've found the oversteer to be very predictable and controllable.

Sounds like you had a blast! :cool:

I used to take my ol' 300ZX and my wife's former 240sx out for some fun in parking lots after an ice storm. Predictable oversteer is tons-o-fun! :D

-Chike

Matthewmongan 01-13-2005 09:39 PM

i did that with a lowered vwbug (60's). I riped the oil pan off. the good news is the car wasnt mine and i had AAA plus. good times.