The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I love my car... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1987)

Mr. Pockets 11-14-2001 03:31 PM

I love my car...

...how 'bout you? :D

Aredubjay 11-14-2001 03:35 PM

Re: I love my car...

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
DUH!?!?! :D

1994SubaruSVX 11-14-2001 04:16 PM

i hate it right now.....

but when i get it out of the shop again.....i will love it again.....you know this love, hate relationship is a very frustrating cycle.....sadly it will never end because we have all chosen a care with chronic mechanical problems. but i still love her.....:D

uconnscott 11-14-2001 06:31 PM

"I know what you mean........beleive me. I spent all day at the shop todoy to finally fix my CE light. Turns out they actually had to replace my EGR valve. Said they have never seen anything like it......that's the SVX for you!! Anyway, the ride home was great and (knocking on wood) that light has yet to turn on again!! (knocking again
:D )

Ron Mummert 11-14-2001 06:47 PM

Yup... Kinda like Britney Spears with a headache 28 days a month.
Smoooootch! Slap!!!!
Ron.

wawazat?? 11-14-2001 07:35 PM

Re: I love my car...

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm not so sure about a warm and fuzzy Mr. Pockets!:p

LarryIII 11-15-2001 05:26 AM

Let's See,

Ron,

The closest I ever got was asparagus spears !!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nick,

1) Does Amber know ?

or

2) I definitely do not want to hear about warm & fuzzy pockets; especially from a guy who used to call himself Cubes !! :D

Larry III

1994SubaruSVX 11-15-2001 06:43 AM

you know what really bothers me.....

is the repair bills are not small. when something goes wrong with the svx it will cost you. my wife and i were talking last night and we are most disappointed by repair bills that average $500 or more almost everytime something goes wrong. i am getting killed on labor from these shops. my last couple of bills were over $1000. it is not easy to keep coming up with big lump sums. i wouldnt sweat $200 here or $300 there, but $1000 here and $1000 there gets old fast.....:(

Mr. Pockets 11-15-2001 08:26 AM

Re: Re: I love my car...

Quote:

Originally posted by wawazat??

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm not so sure about a warm and fuzzy Mr. Pockets!:p

HA!

Hey, wait...what are you saying?

cocacola08 11-15-2001 09:19 AM

Re: you know what really bothers me.....

Quote:

Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
is the repair bills are not small. when something goes wrong with the svx it will cost you. my wife and i were talking last night and we are most disappointed by repair bills that average $500 or more almost everytime something goes wrong. i am getting killed on labor from these shops. my last couple of bills were over $1000. it is not easy to keep coming up with big lump sums. i wouldnt sweat $200 here or $300 there, but $1000 here and $1000 there gets old fast.....:(
Amen:(

wasions 11-15-2001 11:36 AM

Re: you know what really bothers me.....

Quote:

I still don't get it. I have a '91 Camry Wagon to complement the 'fleet' (SVX) and when I have to take it in for repairs (which, fortunately, like the SVX, is a rare occurrence), it costs an arm and a leg. I really see very little difference in repair costs between the two.

Steve

(It is me, isn't it.):rolleyes:

1994SubaruSVX 11-15-2001 11:43 AM

i guess.....

i drive the hell out of mine without realizing it. for some reason i think my car sat for quite some time before i bought it. i purchased the car in 98 (it is a 94) and it had just under 25,000 miles. anyway i have replaced the water pump, the power steering pump, the struts, brakes, springs, alternator (several times), battery (several times b/c of the alternator), my tranny, and a couple of other odds and ends.

maybe i am being too harsh. i guess the money i have spent on mods is running together with the money i have spend on repairs. i will try to relax a little....;)

Mr. Pockets 11-15-2001 12:24 PM

Re: i guess.....

Quote:

i drive the hell out of mine without realizing it...i will try to relax a little....;)
The car will likely reward you with fewer repairs.

It is still my belief that the SVX is a perfectly reliable car as long as you treat it well.

1994SubaruSVX 11-15-2001 12:31 PM

admittedly.....

i do drive with a heavy hand. (yes i said hand, my car has hand controls)

i think i am going to try and pamper her a little. i think TLC goes a long way with the SVX. :)

Beav 11-15-2001 09:58 PM

I can understand being upset with repair prices, I would drop a load on the service floor if someone told me I needed to spend $1000 on my car. But then when I go to a restaurant and see that a bowl of soup is $5, that a set of MAC or Snap-On wrenches is over $600.... From what I've seen here the SVX doesn't seem to require much more $ than most cars - except for some trannys.

You're learning - keep your foot out of it (look who's talking :rolleyes: ) and hold back on the mods. It's expensive enough just to feed and maintain a car. Remember, the more you use it the quicker you use it up.

Beav