The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest Region (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   What day for a Northwest Meet? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8962)

WestCoastSVX 02-24-2003 11:23 AM

What day for a Northwest Meet?

As mentioned in the other thread, it sounds like a few people are eager to get together for a small casual meet in in the next couple weeks. :)

It could work out for as soon as this Saturday, but I figured we could post a poll to see what will work for people.

I would assume that if the results are "either date" or for a certain date and we do it that date, that the numbers on the poll should match the attendence. :D

ensteele 02-24-2003 04:21 PM

Either is fine with me as long as we get together! :)

svxtremist2001 02-24-2003 06:09 PM

**** ya! Let's get this party started right quick!!!

Alycone 02-25-2003 01:25 PM

The sooner the better, I just got my camera and scanner fixed. :D

CDG 02-25-2003 06:37 PM

I want it this Saturday Mar 1st, cause I've only got plates on my car until Monday Mar 3rd.

Plus I would like to know what time on Saturday, as me and my Girlfriend have kids(with other people) and will need to offload them early, but not too early.

And I really need to find a cozy intimate place to stay Saturday night. Or my girlfriend won't let me go.
Remember, I just dumped her for almost 2 weeks to pick up the pearlie, and she's still not over that.

Oh, and somebody order some really nice weather, OK:rolleyes:

WestCoastSVX 02-26-2003 09:03 AM

Chris - Check your email, I sent you my phone number and I'll try to get you some ideas on romantic places around here. My wife can attest to the fact that I have spoiled her in this way at least. :D I know some great places.

All - looks like I won't be able to make it this Saturday :(, but I think you guys should do it this weekend since Chris has paid money for the temp tag to make the trip just for this. :)

Have fun!

Strictly Subaru 02-26-2003 09:10 AM

Depending on the time, and exactly where the meet is being held, I could possibly do late saturday because I'm helping a very stressed out friend move. (It seems like everyone is canceling out on her, but I assured her that I would help her..:) ) So, if all goes well, I should be done Saturday around lunch timeish?... However, I have Sunday completly off..... Is that an option?

If so many peolpe didn't cancel on her, I would have left early to meet you folks, but alas, I'm still a nice guy, so I'm going to help her out....:cool:

WestCoastSVX 02-26-2003 09:36 AM

Yeah, after the last meet, I can back Dan up and say he is definitely about one of the nicest guys around! :) Anyone that would wake up early and drive 3 hours, only to have to immediately turn around because of a sick little girl, is definitely a nice guy with his priorities straight. :) And I know what a pain moving is, especially when people start backing out.

Hmmm you bring up an interesting option though. Sunday. I would actually more than likely be able to attend if it was this Sunday. I imagine Chris would be able to come from where he is staying and meet with us on his way back home too. Maybe meet for a Sunday lunch type deal then do whatever for the afternoon as long as people wanted?

What do others think?

ensteele 02-26-2003 11:39 AM

Sunday afternoon would work for me as well. :D

WestCoastSVX 02-26-2003 03:28 PM

Anyone against doing it Sunday?

I've given Chris some information on lodging (check your email Chris if you haven't already) and given me an idea. How about downtown Laconner for the meet? Last time I was there (staying at the Inn I recommended to Chris) there was a Shelby Cobra replica (I'm assuming) meet right there in the main downtown parking lot on the riverfront. :) In the rain even! (Cobras are convertibles)

It would be a nice place to meet, probably has a some good lunch options, Chris would be right there already if that is where he decides to stay, and there are some nice roads for a little fun on the way home. Earl's house is sorta near there as well, maybe we could stop by for a photo op on the way home with the rest of his fleet! :D

ensteele 02-26-2003 03:34 PM

Sounds good to me! We could even drive up Chuckanut Drive for some good curves! :D

CDG 02-26-2003 06:25 PM

Wow, sounds perfect, no I haven't checked my email yet....hang on......:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: la la la hum hmmmm:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Ok, thanks for the Email Troy, I have made a reservation at the Wild Iris Inn for Saturday March 1st night, So sunday will be perfect for the meet. We get free breakfast, with our in-room hottub....no you can't join us, so don't ask, maybe for drinks before.:p

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you who can attend.

Thanks for the info Troy.

svxtremist2001 02-26-2003 06:44 PM

I will be there if no rain. Never no, maybe I'll be there any way for this speshil occashin! Rain or shine yes?

ensteele 02-26-2003 07:06 PM

I'll be there for breakfast, but I'll skip the hot tub. :D

svxtremist2001 02-26-2003 07:19 PM

Watt times? I might be flying back from Madison Wisconsion if I go to the big SVX party they are planning friday nite. But will probably try to get to church here sunday morning. Will the meet be later after church time? Say noon or laater?