The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   SVX Parts For Sale (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   For Sale: Radio Wiring Harnesses for SVX!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6530)

Paisan 01-15-2003 06:52 AM

Excellent harness, mine is working great for 3 months now!

-mike

Noir 01-16-2003 07:21 PM

re: i want one

hi, are the harnesses still for sale? i'm interested. i'm in atlanta so i can meet to pick up. thx.

SVXdc 01-16-2003 10:47 PM

[17-Jan] All of harnesses in the first batch are sold -- I received a flood of orders in the last week (I guess a bunch of people got new radios for Christmas :)).

[27-Jan] New parts are in; more harnesses now available.

I'll continue selling these for a while yet. Just working out the kinks in the supply chain.

Reminder: Please contact me via e-mail at 96svx.dc@gmail.com; I check my e-mail at least once a day; I may not respond as quickly to PMs or follow-up postings on the forums here.

The installation instructions, wire color code, and pin-out are all in my SVX stereo install doc, at...And thanks to everyone for your patronage (not to mention all of the compliments). I spent the time figuring out how to make these harnesses mainly for my own installation, but am glad to be helping so many others.

ensteele 01-17-2003 05:36 PM

That is the best part of being a member here. We can all help each other with our problems. Even if we don't have the skills to do technical work like the wiring harnesses, information on where to get parts, or what happened when you tore into something, helps everyone. Thank you. :)

SVXdc 01-27-2003 11:01 PM

More harnesses available

The new batch of parts are in. More harnesses are now available.

I also still have one SVX-to-Kenwood harness available. [SOLD!]

Paisan 02-03-2003 06:13 AM

Can't say enough good things about this harness. I got one of the first ones out of the box. Has worked flawlessly for ~4-5months. Easy to install etc.

-mike

SVXdc 03-15-2003 09:24 PM

SVX radio harnesses still available

It's been awhile, so I thought I'd "bump" this thread back up into 'recent posts' territory. :D

I still have a bunch available.

Noir 03-18-2003 01:27 PM

re: good harnesses

David's (SVXDC) harnesses are great. I bought two myself. Highly recommended.

awdsvx 03-28-2003 07:51 AM

SVX Wiring Harness

Hi Dave,
I was wondering if you seen my 2 E-mails I sent you. I want to buy a wiring harness for my SVX. I am planning to switch out my stock radio. So can you please e-mail or PM me please. Thanks.

awdsvx@hotmail.com

:)

iyamwutiam 04-12-2003 04:51 PM

free bump

excellent thread

alltrac 05-26-2003 02:25 AM

wire harness

I need one too I PM you and email

SVXer95 05-28-2003 11:15 AM

Hope you have some more. I sent you an email.

SVXdc 06-10-2003 09:07 PM

"reverse" harnesses available for WRX CD Changer

I've started making "reverse" harnesses that plug into the WRX factory CD Changer. This radio has become a popular choice for SVX owners (and is apparently easy to get, since the WRX owners are pulling theirs out and selling them). One caution: the WRX radio is deeper, so it requires cutting the SVX's mounting bracket ("cage") for this radio to fit.

My WRX reverse harness has all 14 wires, so the radio's illumination will work properly. [pictures coming soon]

Price is $16 plus shipping. If you order one at the same time as an SVX harness, FedEx shipping is the same as for one harness (total weight is still under one pound). For first class postage, it adds 1 or 2 ounces. Please see the first post in this thread for ordering info.

clarkerussell 06-19-2003 09:18 AM

Quick Question...

Thanks for the update on the WRX changer controls... Quick question... If it requires both connectors, could you just make an adaptor cable for us? I understand that it'd take a few more minutes, but if you could just crimp the new pins on the old adaptor and then insert them into the new adaptor, it'd be much cleaner... What do you think? Thanks.

Clarke

SVXdc 06-20-2003 03:18 PM

Re: Quick Question...

Quote:

Originally posted by clarkerussell
... If it requires both connectors, could you just make an adaptor cable for us? ...
What, and deprive everyone of the fun of soldering or crimping two harnesses together? :D

Nice idea, but I've been getting the color-coded wires with the contact pins already crimped on. If I had to do all of that crimping myself, I probably wouldn't bother making these things...