The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Interesting little blurb (spec.B) (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28340)

upnygimp 09-09-2005 03:38 PM

Interesting little blurb (spec.B)

Got my Drive Performance magazine today. Buried right at the end of the '06 Impreza article is a little sidebar about the spec.B! Gonna be limited to 500 units. Here's the known facts

Exterior:
Exclusive Titanium Silver Metallic paint
Stainless steel accented rocker trim panels
Aerodynamic ground effects side moulding
18x7 10 spoke aluminum alloy wheels

Interior
Numbered limited-edition plaque
Exclusive brick red leather upholstry w/ matching floor mats
Momo leather wrapped steering wheel
Aluminum pedal covers
Nav system
Premium audio system including:
-six disc in dash cd-changer
-mp3 player
-upgraded speakers
-integrated steering wheel audio controls

Mechanical
Bilstien Sport Suspension
Aluminum alloy suspension components
5 spd manual only
2.5l DOHC intercooled turbo engine w/ Active Valve Control System variable valve timing
Tire pressure monitoring system

Pretty freakin neat if you ask me! :D

Chiketkd 09-09-2005 05:29 PM

Got my Drive Performance mag today as well. I did see that side bar as well. It'll be a sweet car!

-Chike

Subafreak 09-09-2005 07:23 PM

5 speed only :confused:

Landshark 09-09-2005 11:01 PM

the only worthwhile addition to the Spec B is the Bilstein and alloy suspension components. the rest is a bunch of bling.

for $10,000 over what i paid for my teh LGT, you can have it. :rolleyes:

Beav 09-09-2005 11:50 PM

Ditto that ^^^^, prolly why they only plan to build 500 units.

upnygimp 09-10-2005 07:51 AM

You never know. The STi is a 2.5l also. Of course I'm most likely dreaming, but if they're asking such a premium it might just be true....

Landshark 09-10-2005 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upnygimp
You never know. The STi is a 2.5l also. Of course I'm most likely dreaming, but if they're asking such a premium it might just be true....

:confused:

upnygimp 09-10-2005 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark
:confused:

Sorry, let me be more clear. Subaru might put the STi engine in the spec.B for all we know. The price primium certainly suggests that they'll do more than put a new suspension, wheels and paint job on it.

And I thought horses were supposed to be intelligent :rolleyes: :p

Landshark 09-10-2005 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upnygimp
Sorry, let me be more clear. Subaru might put the STi engine in the spec.B for all we know. The price primium certainly suggests that they'll do more than put a new suspension, wheels and paint job on it.

And I thought horses were supposed to be intelligent :rolleyes: :p

it gets the same engine as the regular GT, 250hp. its not even getting Brembo's, let alone the engine.

is that intelligent enough for ya? :D

Royal Tiger 09-10-2005 06:58 PM

For those of you in search of really fast 4 doors, and for Alan especially, Porsche is going ahead with the 4 door Panamera. Rumored to be launched with the Cayenne Turbo V-8 at 450hp. AWD is also a possibility. Of course it will be in the $125k range most likely. Sure sounds like a Maserati Quattroporte killer!

thundering02 09-10-2005 09:19 PM

I just did a google search anybody have any pics? (of the spec b)

Chiketkd 09-10-2005 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigershark
For those of you in search of really fast 4 doors, and for Alan especially, Porsche is going ahead with the 4 door Panamera. Rumored to be launched with the Cayenne Turbo V-8 at 450hp. AWD is also a possibility. Of course it will be in the $125k range most likely. Sure sounds like a Maserati Quattroporte killer!

Dan,

I've really liked your recent posts. Seems like you have a serious appreciation for the finest automobiles from Europe! Also seems you've talked about quite a few different cars recently - seems like you've taken over where I left off with having a new flava of the month! ;)

Still, your 'flavas' are definitely worth tasting! :cool:

-Chike

Landshark 09-10-2005 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigershark

yeah, that's cool, but i wouldn't spend half of what i paid for my house on a car, let alone MORE than what my house cost! :eek:

maybe in 15 years i'll pick one up. :D

Landshark 09-10-2005 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thundering02
I just did a google search anybody have any pics? (of the spec b)

it looks exactly like the current Legacy GT with 10-spoke wheels (yuk), "brick red" leather (yuk), and the insides of the headlight cluster is chromed (for all '06 Legacys - yuk).

here's a vid:
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...line.promo.2.*

thundering02 09-11-2005 07:53 AM

I think the red needs to be encased(like having a red insert) and I think that will make it look much better. I'll save my moneys for something else.