The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Proven Engine Enhancements (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Where can I get a SVX Cold-Air Intake? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46400)

SoCal LS-L 09-30-2008 01:54 PM

Where can I get a SVX Cold-Air Intake?

Looking all over, cannot find one thats made to fit!! Looking at the stock one with all the hoses and dual connection at the TB, I know I need to find one specifically for the SVX. Does anyone know somewhere that sells them?:confused:

Blacky 09-30-2008 03:51 PM

Re: Where can I get a SVX Cold-Air Intake?

This is it:http://allwelldrive.net/products_tomyx.html

Ownbot 09-30-2008 08:38 PM

umm, is that really $500.00, I don't understand.

SVXRide 09-30-2008 09:21 PM

That's way more than just a cold air intake. Use the "Search" button and check out the network. There are plenty of examples of cold air intakes, it just depends on how extensive you want to get.
-Bill

Crazy_pilot 09-30-2008 09:22 PM

Ya, that's the price. I'm sure Tom will chime in here in a minute, but it's a very labour intensive piece to make, plus the silicon connectors, filter element, etc.

SoCal LS-L 09-30-2008 10:39 PM

Interesting... this could be a cool weekend project to build from scratch. Im pretty sure mine would look pretty ghetto though.... its just I hear that intake growl when I step on it and think " what would THAT sound like through a metal pipe and a cone filter?". I just dont want to drop $500 on it.... thats a LCD TV man!!!:D

Crazy_pilot 09-30-2008 11:18 PM

Well do you want a bit more noise, or actual power? Just remove the airbox and replace it with a cone filter "hot air intake" if you want it to be noisier.

Sov13t 10-01-2008 07:40 AM

Or get a Civic and buy mods for it at the Dollar Store :D

Mike621 10-01-2008 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sov13t (Post 566496)

:lol::lol::lol:

We <3 the ToMyx

mikecg 10-01-2008 02:40 PM

A quick and free way to increase sound is to remove the intake resinator. It is located inside the passenger front fender. You have to take off the tire and remove the inner fender liner to get to it.

SoCal LS-L 10-01-2008 07:51 PM

Thanks ill definitely do that! At some point I do want to get a headered intake for the car with metal piping, it just sounds meaner and more throaty. Ill do some more research and maybe hit the hardware store and report back. Seems like a fun little project

GreenMarine 10-01-2008 11:21 PM

Honestly though if you want a "Cold Air Intake" all you have to do is open the hood and look at it... WOW, you've got one from the factory!!! It doesn't take in hot engine bay air, it sucks it in from the wheel well, away from the engine... To me, that sounds like a pretty good "cold air intake"... Now if you want a "Warm Air Intake" (you know, for keeping your engine nice and warm you could just stick a cone filter on the end of your stock housing... Hell, I've even got the adapter and filter I'll sell you for 1/2 of what I paid for it!...

Yeah, I had a cone filter on my intake for a while. The cone filter sat where the stock box does. And YES, it does make the intake alittle louder... Other than that though I noticed absolutly NO performance gains what so ever... Infact it actually became a bit of an annoyance because I had to clean the cone filter alot more than I did the stock filter (dust and **** gets in it ALOT easier than it does your stock box)...

So if you want a Cone adapter and a GreenFilters Cone filter, I'd be glad to sell you mine for, ohhh say $45... That's a pretty good deal when you consider that the adapter cost me $60 and the filter cost me about $50...

Let me know and I'll get you a shipping quote.

~ Chris

TomsSVX 10-02-2008 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sov13t (Post 566496)

Hey, I like the dollar store, I don't have to get all dressed up like I am going to Walmart.;):lol::lol:

Tom

oab_au 10-02-2008 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ownbot (Post 566446)
umm, is that really $500.00, I don't understand.

I don't either.:eek:
That would make the "Quick Change" the the best $140 performance improvement you could buy for the SVX.:)

Harvey.

subeman90 10-02-2008 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oab_au (Post 566787)
I don't either.:eek:
That would make the "Quick Change" the the best $140 performance improvement you could buy for the SVX.:)

Harvey.

there is a dyno run somewhere to back up the intake...do you have anything to back up your statement other then seat of pants feelings? :lol: