The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What's your car's name, and where did it come from? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39521)

techy101 06-24-2007 10:46 PM

What's your car's name, and where did it come from?

I poked around and didn't see a thread like this. So I'm sorry if it's a repost.

But like the title says, what is/are the name(s) of your car(s)? I'll start out.

ALICE is the name of my 2005 Forester XT. From the game American McGee's Alice. Also it's a nickname for the carputer that's installed (A.L.I.C.E.-Automotive Language Interpretation and Computing Engine)
http://movies.radiofree.com/reviews/images/alice_1.jpg

The newest addition, the 1992 SVX LSL project car just got named last night. "River" is the chosen name from joss whedon's FireFly/Serenity.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...y-still-03.jpg

TomsSVX 06-24-2007 11:29 PM

1992 svx w/ a ton-o-mods... "The Shadow Machine" because all of my competition is well... in my shadows:D

Tom

It's Just Eric 06-24-2007 11:43 PM

my now defunct barcelona red 94 L "Red Rocket"...no explanation needed
my 96 brilliant red LS-I - "Dee Dee" coming from D.D., or daily driver. Also, deedee pickles wore a red dress
my ebony 92 LS-L "Harper" namely because when my friend originally picked it up, w traveled to Harper's ferry west virginia to get it. The name kinda stuck

I know someone here named theird lynx minx and something ese...there was a really good story behind the names

Budfreak 06-24-2007 11:49 PM

Descriptions of my car can be found in my signature. It's name is Road Demon and I named it that because of it's looks and the way it handles, drives, and sounds.:cool:

My one project car is named "Crispy" due to it having an engine fire and toasting everything under the hood.

Nick_C 06-25-2007 03:55 AM

Sometimes I refer to my SVX as the 'road runner' just because of the sound the horn makes when disarming the factory alarm. :)

RSVX 06-25-2007 05:28 AM

Precious, self explanitory.

ARED 97 06-25-2007 06:26 AM

Svx names

"'Rosie's Rocket" was purchased off Ebay in April 06 for the wife as she wanted a car with AWD. She has never taken much interest in any of the sport cars I have owned over the years. Once driving it she transformed into SVX Rose, a lady I never met before even after being married to her for almost 40 years ;) ! Having been bit by the Svx bug myself, we just purchased "Green Queen" which will be a limited use, showcar, garage queen.:D I still find myself looking for available 97's and hoping that I have not been bitten as badly as Earl by the SVX BUG :eek: !

Sov13t 06-25-2007 07:19 AM

Fulcrum, named after MiG-29.

budbaer 06-25-2007 09:08 AM

Our dark teal 92 LS-L was named Dante by my fiance. I thought cool like "Dante's Inferno" but she was thinking more like Dante from "Grandma's boy". The Dante character sold weed and the car is green, go figure.

ensteele 06-25-2007 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARED 97
I still find myself looking for available 97's and hoping that I have not been bitten as badly as Earl by the SVX BUG :eek: !

It is kind of like being bitten by a vampire!!! :eek: :D :D

Hocrest 06-25-2007 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by techy101
I poked around and didn't see a thread like this. So I'm sorry if it's a repost.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18490

My SVX is Princess, but when she needs stuff I'll call her the Attention Wh ore. The Legacy is Elle, and the Brat is Rebecca, named after my grandmother.

ensteele 06-25-2007 09:55 AM

Well, the names are as follows:

1992 JDM RHD Liquid Silver / Grey Metalic Two Tone "Version E" Geisha - as in Japanese Geisha Girl

1992 Dark Teal LS-L - Greenie - because of the color

1992 Claret LS-L - Claret - because of the color

1992 Pearl LS-L -Pearlie - because of the color

1992 Pearl LS-L - Was known as Captain Crunch because of a dent in it when I first bought it, but was then renamed Cotton Tail because of the white trunk and spoiler.

1992 White LS-L - White Beast - because it is white and not pearl and is a little rough around the edges.

1993 25th AE - Number 1 - because it was my first SVX

1993 25th AE - Maggie - because it is who I bought it from and it stuck.

1993 25th AE - Lucky Lady - because it was totaled and I got her back on the road again.

1993 25th AE - Jaz - It is the last name of who I bought it from and it stuck.

1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi - Ol' Blue - because of the color

1994 Barcelona Red LSi - Museum Quality - because it was the handle of the member I bought it from and it is that quality of a car

1995 Bordeaux Pearl LSi - Bridgett - as in Bridgett Bordeaux lol

Not are all that original, but with that many of them, it is not easy to name them all with catchy names.

Nomake Wan 06-25-2007 10:54 AM

Funny how Firefly was already mentioned in here...

My 92 LSL is 'Serenity' after the ship in Firefly. 'Cause it breaks down all the time and is kinda cobbled together... but'll run true. :cool:

Crazy_pilot 06-25-2007 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sov13t
Fulcrum, named after MiG-29.

Nice! Fulcrum is one of the best sounding names for the Russian fighters. Berkut, Foxbat, Flanker...Don't sound as good for a car.

My car doesn't have a name yet. I'm sort of waiting for some experience to give it a name.

techy101 06-25-2007 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nomake Wan
Funny how Firefly was already mentioned in here...

My 92 LSL is 'Serenity' after the ship in Firefly. 'Cause it breaks down all the time and is kinda cobbled together... but'll run true. :cool:

Yeah, I was thinking about that, but decided that River fit better. The car is pretty odd. Goes a bit crazy now and then, looks a bit insane on the outside at the moment, but underneath is an amazing powerhouse, and a thing of true beauty. (Which Summer Glau defiantly is IMHO)

Plus I am really just a huge fan of strong woman characters. Probably why I like Joss Whedon's work.