The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   OT - What to Buy for Christmas ? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1891)

LarryIII 11-05-2001 09:21 AM

OT - What to Buy for Christmas ?

I would like some suggestions on the following dilemma.
As most of you already know, I am in the market to get a loaded '94 pearl/white SVX in addition to my '97 LSi. I also want to get a new H-6, VDC, Outback wagon to replace my '97 2.5L, 4EAT, OD wagon. Since I don't think that I can swing both cars, I was thinking of foregoing the '94 SVX, getting the new VDC Outback and keeping the '97 OB as my beater (beater is a bad term. It will be my every day car.) This will allow me to save my '97 SVX and run it very sparingly.

I would appreciate all thoughts and comments.

Thanks.

Larry III

cocacola08 11-05-2001 09:44 AM

Personnally, I'd just buy a hummer and be done with it.

wasions 11-05-2001 10:34 AM

I hate myself for this!

Foregoing the '94 sounds more practical to me.

Out of curiosity: Why would you choose the VDC over the LLB? (Must be the stereo.)

Steve

1994SubaruSVX 11-05-2001 10:44 AM

i drive my svx everyday.

i cant imagine choosing another car to drive everyday. buy another svx and use it to drive everyday.

LarryIII 11-05-2001 11:10 AM

Re: I hate myself for this!

Quote:

Originally posted by wasions

Out of curiosity: Why would you choose the VDC over the LLB? (Must be the stereo.)

Steve

The VDC has the newer all electronic AWD system. The LLB has the old AWD system.

Larry III
PS: Steve, I need your e-mail address for the 10th Anniv. SVX Meet Sign-up List. So send me an e-mail. Thanks

Aredubjay 11-05-2001 11:37 AM

Re: I hate myself for this!

Quote:

Originally posted by wasions

I agree, 100%. Give up that '94 Pearl you were looking at and get the new OB.

Now, just where was that '94 and how much did they want for it? :D

Ron Mummert 11-05-2001 11:49 AM

.....and what does the beautiful naviguesser have to say about your plans? "Anything you want is fine by me". That's when it gets dangerous!
Ron.

svxter 11-05-2001 12:00 PM

Larry -

You could buy both of them, then give me your old OB for Christmas, so I could stop racking up so many miles on the SVX. That would solve a couple of problems at once, dontcha think?:D :D

LarryIII 11-05-2001 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ron Mummert
.....and what does the beautiful naviguesser have to say about your plans? "Anything you want is fine by me". That's when it gets dangerous!
Ron.

Ron,

The new VDC is for the Beautiful Naviguesser.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Randy,

The'94 Pearlie sold. It was a beauty . It was in Yonkers, NY.

Larry III

LarryIII 11-05-2001 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by svxter
Larry -

You could buy both of them, then give me your old OB for Christmas, so I could stop racking up so many miles on the SVX. That would solve a couple of problems at once, dontcha think?:D :D

Bill,

I was originally planning on getting both. However, Osama Bin Laden,s boys squashed that on Sept. 11.
It's now one or the other. In a couple of years maybe I can swing the second one.

Larry III

1994SubaruSVX 11-05-2001 04:13 PM

are they hiring where you work??

i need your disposable income!! ;)

LarryIII 11-05-2001 06:24 PM

I have some disposable income but I do not have the money trees that a certain blonde SVXer grows in nort Joisey.

My income is based on some investments that I made in certain legitimate businesses in Brooklyn.

Larry III

wasions 11-07-2001 02:59 PM

What would John Buffum do?

I can't understand why you would want a car that negates driver input in an emergency situation.

Do I understand this system correctly? It seems like a good way to collect unwanted trees and SUVs in your bodywork.

Steve

1994SubaruSVX 11-07-2001 04:27 PM

ouch steve, very ouch.

but i have to agree. i would much have a car with good hp, torque, handling, and comfort.