The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SubieSport (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40634)

rhodesy 09-07-2007 03:12 PM

SubieSport

Hi all. Apparently SubieSport Magazine will have online voting to pick a winner for their Readers' Rides "Royal Ride Contest" this month. The winner gets an Editorial Spread of their car in SubieSport, a video profile with Driving Sports Video and a Year's Supply of Royal Purple Lubricants.

ANYWAY, my car is in the running. I somehow managed to get it into the June '07 issue and so now I'm a candidate. I just checked the site today and I don't see where you can vote. But, once I find out when the "Voting Booth" opens, I will update this thread. Obviously, I would appreciate your support!

My plan, if for some reason I actually win, is to convert the write-up into a SVX Community article and not just my car. My car is nice and all, but it only has a Stebro Exhaust and no additional mods. I'm hoping to use what leverage I may get out of a victory to open their eyes up to the whole group.

Wouldn't it be sweet if we could get, say, SolarSVX's car on the cover? If that doesn't stop them from being ImprezaSport Magazine, nothing will.

nonSTOP_service 09-07-2007 04:49 PM

Are you the one with the black one? Your wheels were on backwards and you were like "lol I know"?

If I remebered correctly, you were quoted to say "The community is alive and well!" and then said "Check out planetSVX.com"

Well I'd vote for ya, but sadly, no one likes the SVX. I'm sure some hopped up impreza brighton with a big wing will win.

Good ruck.

rhodesy 09-07-2007 04:57 PM

Yeah, that was me. And I actually listed this forum and the Yahoo Subaru SVX club, too, but they clipped the end of the writeup. In fact they edited (butchered) more than a couple spots.

BTW, got new shoes for the car last week and had them turn the wheels around the right way.

nonSTOP_service 09-07-2007 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhodesy (Post 491938)
Yeah, that was me. And I actually listed this forum and the Yahoo Subaru SVX club, too, but they clipped the end of the writeup. In fact they edited (butchered) more than a couple spots.

BTW, got new shoes for the car last week and had them turn the wheels around the right way.

I figured it was something like that. I know a guy that had something like that happen with his legacy.

They totally messed up what he wrote lol.

rhodesy 10-03-2007 10:29 AM

Voting is now "live"

Voting just went live for the Royal Purple Reader's Ride deal at subiesport.com. Mine is the only SVX in the running so Vote, Vote, Vote!

If they won't represent us voluntarily, your show of support could force their hand to recognize that Subaru has manufactured cars other than the WRX and STi.

http://mag.subiesport.com/index.php?...forms&formid=4

AFBeefcake 10-03-2007 10:45 AM

I went to that page and what do I see. My budies legacy that I built.:)

processengr 10-03-2007 10:56 AM

I just voted for your SVX!

RSVX 10-03-2007 10:59 AM

I just voted for the girl with the pink/white WRX.

Thanks!

Wikedjuggalo 10-03-2007 11:01 AM

Voted for your SVX >.>

WestCoastSVX 10-03-2007 11:05 AM

Is the voting only based on cars that have been published in Reader's Rides during 2007?

Because there have been at least two other SVXes featured in Reader's Rides besides yours. But they may have been in 2005-2006. One time the editor even added the note, "We love SVXes, so we have to publish the picture any time we get one."

There was even a several-page feature of 4 separate articles about the SVX a couple years back, including a small picture on the cover (one of those extra bottom pictures, not the main cover shot). It was sort of an SVX 101 for all the readers that may or may not know about the SVX. Good articles and featured a few members of the forums here. Strangely, they were all east coast guys, even though Subiesport's headquarters are here in the NW (actually about a mile from where I work).

Anyway, they probably figured with that article they got their "token" SVX coverage for several years.

BTW, I think they still list our forums here in the section where they list all the Subaru clubs and web sites.

I agree though, it is way too Imprezza-centric. But that's where the money is. There are thousands of Imprezza owners out there that would stop subscribing if there was too much old-school love in there.

Evil One 10-03-2007 11:12 AM

Your wheels are on the wrong side. :D
But ya got my vote anyways. http://www.turboford.net/ubb/graemlins/thumbup.gif

Jim

ridered777 10-03-2007 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSVX (Post 497553)
I just voted for the girl with the pink/white WRX.

Thanks!

Ditto. She was too hot to pass up. :D

Sorry:o

Haha just kidding! I hope RSVX was too! :rolleyes: Of course I voted for you. SVX <3!

Craig

WestCoastSVX 10-03-2007 12:27 PM

The girl was hot and hard to pass over for the SVX. :D But I did the right thing. :cool: You should have had a girl in your picture to sweeten the pot a little... oh wait, it's a SVX, it don't need no sweetening like those boring cars! :tongue::lol:

I don't get the picture with the guy in the chair blowing smoke or whatever he is supposed to be doing. Is that supposed to be cool? Am I missing some reference/joke there? Am I just getting old? :o

RSVX 10-03-2007 12:35 PM

Of course I voted for the SVX... :ninja:

It's Just Eric 10-03-2007 12:45 PM

I voted svx, legitimatly. Im sorry, but the cars they picked for the reader's rides section arent that great....I know of a few REALLY NICE wrx's and sti's (There's alot on Long island subaru club...very tastefully done) that would spank the ever loving snot out of those cars in any beauty competition (And likely on the track as well)